Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l380
Print Wikipost

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I checked for a night in May and they want 30K for a standard room. The other Santorini Starwood is 20K. Is there any reason this hotel is better than Vedema? I like the location but I'm using all the points I've saved in past 12 years and they don't have a room for my dates. They have a suite but it is for 60K points. Not worth it for one night when we'll be out all day sight-seeing anyway. The Crete property is famous and they're only at 20K and a fair price if paying cash. I'm not sure why this hotel is so difficult. Then again, it is over 5 months away.

I'd love to hear about upgrades at Mystique, how they treat Plats (I'm Lifetime Plat) and what makes this hotel so special. It looks beautiful.
I couldn't get an upgrade last year because the hotel was full.
The cost is that it is on the cliffs just outside Oia. Location location location.

Maybe you have read my review but I'm going to post the link anyway in case you are interested.

Personally, I liked the breakfast very much.

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...el-august.html
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I checked for a night in May and they want 30K for a standard room. The other Santorini Starwood is 20K. Is there any reason this hotel is better than Vedema? I like the location but I'm using all the points I've saved in past 12 years and they don't have a room for my dates. They have a suite but it is for 60K points. Not worth it for one night when we'll be out all day sight-seeing anyway. The Crete property is famous and they're only at 20K and a fair price if paying cash. I'm not sure why this hotel is so difficult. Then again, it is over 5 months away.

I'd love to hear about upgrades at Mystique, how they treat Plats (I'm Lifetime Plat) and what makes this hotel so special. It looks beautiful.
Caveat that I only stayed at Vedema but dined one night at the Mystique

As mentioned, Mystique is arguably a more desirable location, with Caldera (Google it) views to die for. Has more of a boutique feel IMO too.

HOWEVER - it is basically a vertical resort, endless stairs, so I'd make sure you're up for that.

Vedema is quite good, but also handy to rent a car for the day.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Going to Santorini this May - Mystique was never on my radar but now that Marriott/SPG has closed I'm a SPG Plat (by way of being Marriott Plat) so it has me curious about Mystique.

The competition is Astra Suites so I'm still thinking that's the better play but curious if anyone has experiences with both (cash stay so points irrelevant - this is a Citi Prestige supported stay).
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Duke787
Going to Santorini this May - Mystique was never on my radar but now that Marriott/SPG has closed I'm a SPG Plat (by way of being Marriott Plat) so it has me curious about Mystique.

The competition is Astra Suites so I'm still thinking that's the better play but curious if anyone has experiences with both (cash stay so points irrelevant - this is a Citi Prestige supported stay).
I'm a Marriott guy as well, and glad now that there is a property in Oia to use. However, after traveling to Santorini this past year, I didn't mind simply renting a property versus a hotel. We had our own rooftop, pool, etc. with views to die for. I haven't looked yet at what the points value will be on SPG properties, but not sure I'd end up spending a boat load of points. The hotel is further from the main drag of Oia as well, which isn't big by any means, but nonetheless, I'd rather use my points elsewhere.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:40 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Any recent stays here?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Santorini -- especially Oia -- is an amazing place with spectacular views. Having a room view of the caldera makes it even better. That said, you certainly don't need to stay at this property to see it. I stayed at the Marinos Hotel way back when Marinos was alive.

Stay at Mystique if you can, but the real joy is the island.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:58 am

Hi all. I'm looking forward to a week at Mystique this coming summer. However, we are checking out of the resort on Friday and flying off the island on Saturday. Can anyone recommend a hotel for the one night between our checking out of Mystique and flying out of Santorini? We would arrive to the hotel late Friday, and checkout early Saturday...so I don't want anything too pricey...but the wife won't stay at anything too shabby. Thanks so much.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mangus
Hi all. I'm looking forward to a week at Mystique this coming summer. However, we are checking out of the resort on Friday and flying off the island on Saturday. Can anyone recommend a hotel for the one night between our checking out of Mystique and flying out of Santorini? We would arrive to the hotel late Friday, and checkout early Saturday...so I don't want anything too pricey...but the wife won't stay at anything too shabby. Thanks so much.
Have you looked at Vedema? Probably not cheap but fewer points. I loved staying there, not the Caldera views but amazing hospitality & food, relaxing, quiet, not too far from the airport.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Have you looked at Vedema? Probably not cheap but fewer points. I loved staying there, not the Caldera views but amazing hospitality & food, relaxing, quiet, not too far from the airport.
I agree with this post. Excellent choice.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Have you looked at Vedema?
And, IIRC, you can arrange a complimentary shuttle service between the Vedema and Mystique (they're sister hotels).
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any reason why this hotel would not currently be bookable from Dec 2018 onward? Originally looking for a late April / May 2019 block and could not find a single night available. Checking back it looks like you can only book through November at the moment.

Admittedly I do not book Starwood hotels often anymore, so was curious how far out Starwood typically lets you book or if this was due to the merger / category changes?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:00 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Any reason why this hotel would not currently be bookable from Dec 2018 onward? Originally looking for a late April / May 2019 block and could not find a single night available. Checking back it looks like you can only book through November at the moment.

Admittedly I do not book Starwood hotels often anymore, so was curious how far out Starwood typically lets you book or if this was due to the merger / category changes?
We are visiting Mystique in October and just researched this-From November 5, 2018 through April 14, 2019, the resort is closed for the winter season.

While the Resort does open for bookings on April 15th, with so few rooms it wouldn’t shock me if those dates in late April and May filled quickly.

For your other question I believe the new booking window for Starwood is the same as Marriott- 50 weeks.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:37 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Are there any recent visitors to Mystique who dined at one of the local tavernas in either North or South Santorini?

The hotel sent me a list of recommendations and I will research, but was hoping for a FT reference.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by damon88
Are there any recent visitors to Mystique who dined at one of the local tavernas in either North or South Santorini?

The hotel sent me a list of recommendations and I will research, but was hoping for a FT reference.
There is a great Greek restaurant across the road from the hotel
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:34 am

Any chance come 8/1 that this hotel will actually be bookable for 60k marriott?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.