Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Arrow Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

I did a search and couldn't find much on Sheraton Cerritos in the past couple of years. I have heard good things about this property but was wondering if anyone can comfirm? Any recent reviews or pics will be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I did a search and couldn't find much on Sheraton Cerritos in the past couple of years. I have heard good things about this property but was wondering if anyone can comfirm? Any recent reviews or pics will be greatly appreciated!
My wife and daughter stayed there for a week last February and liked it...thought it much above average relative to other Sheratons they've stayed in recently (e.g. Long Island and NY Hotel and Towers). Overall they gave it a thumbs up.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Was there last summer. Nice enough property with a business bent to it as it sits in a small business enclave in Cerritos. A few decent restaurants across the street along with a bit of shopping. Public tennis courts within 1-2 blocks that you can use. There is also a nice park nearby. No club lounge but they do provide you with breakfast coupons in the a.m. for use in the downstairs restaurant (which has decent food). Smallish workout area. Rooms themselves are quite standard in size - even on Club level. Hotel generally seems to be quite quiet in general although I did see some airline crews there. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the property or the rooms; it didn't really strike me to do so. I thought that it was decent value for the money.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by Singlepoint
Was there last summer. Nice enough property with a business bent to it as it sits in a small business enclave in Cerritos. A few decent restaurants across the street along with a bit of shopping. Public tennis courts within 1-2 blocks that you can use. There is also a nice park nearby. No club lounge but they do provide you with breakfast coupons in the a.m. for use in the downstairs restaurant (which has decent food). Smallish workout area. Rooms themselves are quite standard in size - even on Club level. Hotel generally seems to be quite quiet in general although I did see some airline crews there. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the property or the rooms; it didn't really strike me to do so. I thought that it was decent value for the money.

Stayed here a few times in the past couple of months. Upgraded to the jr. suite all except once. Using of my name staring on my third stay before I hand them my ID! ^ Stays were on weekend so no lounge, but breakfast coupons each day.

Property is nice a quiet. Farmer's market on Saturdays in the back parking lot. Mall is across the street with a nice cinema.

Great place to stay if you work is in the area.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P, F9 Ascent, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Too funny. I happen to be in the hotel right now. I'm Platinum and was not offered an upgrade despite the hotel looking pretty empty. Didn't press for the suite since I don't care that much here.

Check in was clumsy. One person in front of me and four people behind the counter but I still had to wait. When I was finally asked to step forward, they changed terminals making me move twice. Was informed abt b-fast for Plats but when asked where it was, was told, "It's at the hotel." LOL.
Small pool but across from a Wood Grill BBQ and Macaroni Grill.

Rooms are reasonably updated. Tasteful art. Standard Sheraton amenities.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 1:12 am

If you're into the arts, the hotel is next to the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts. Have a look at their events calendar for your upcoming stay.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mini trip report

Check in
The agent was clueless. No Greeting with a blank stare I told him I was checking in and presented him with my ID and credit card. He asked me if I had a credit to put on file. Uhmm, it's right here, dude I've about had it with Sheraton check in staff.

Anyway, I was actually surprised that I was preblocked into a jr suite. I booked this reservation at the very last second I figured the staff wouldn't have time to preblock me into a suite. On the positive side, I called the hotel the day prior to check a rate issue and spoke with a very helpful and polite agent. She even told me she would upgrade me because I'm a Platinum.

Anyway, no Platinum amenity offered, no late check out offered. So I said "For my platinum amenity, I would like points, and may I please have a late check out the next morning." He seemed a bit stunned to find out I'm a Platinum. UMM look at your screen, dimbo

Suite/room
The suite was pretty spacious. It's a corner location with lots of windows. There were 2 TVs, a large sofa, desk, and of course the sweet sleeper bed.

The bathroom was your standard Sheraton bath but with extra amenities including the full set of bliss (including shower gel and mouthwash), shaving cream, cotton balls, and a bath loofah ^

It's a very nice Sheraton for it's price range. $107 a night. You can't beat that. Also, note that even though this hotel offers club level rooms, they do not offer a club lounge I don't know why. However, club level, suite, and Platinums get

1. complimentary bottled water (2)
2. complimentary high speed internet
3. 2 buffet breakfast

Oh yea, the front desk agent failed to mention all of the above benefits I was trying to look for the club lounge and couldn't find it so I called operater. She told me all of the benefits. She also questioned why I wasn't being put on the club floor (I got a suite, so I didn't complain). She came back to apologized for the club suites being booked this evening. She sent someone to give me my breakfast vouchers.

Overall, it's a great hotel with EXCELLENT perks for Plat, but the front desk staff needs serious training

p.s. I'll post some pictures later
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Why does Cerritos rate a Sheraton? Certainly it can't be because of the CPAC?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Mini trip report

Check in
The agent was clueless. No Greeting with a blank stare I told him I was checking in and presented him with my ID and credit card. He asked me if I had a credit to put on file. Uhmm, it's right here, dude I've about had it with Sheraton check in staff.

Anyway, I was actually surprised that I was preblocked into a jr suite. I booked this reservation at the very last second I figured the staff wouldn't have time to preblock me into a suite. On the positive side, I called the hotel the day prior to check a rate issue and spoke with a very helpful and polite agent. She even told me she would upgrade me because I'm a Platinum.

Anyway, no Platinum amenity offered, no late check out offered. So I said "For my platinum amenity, I would like points, and may I please have a late check out the next morning." He seemed a bit stunned to find out I'm a Platinum. UMM look at your screen, dimbo

Suite/room
The suite was pretty spacious. It's a corner location with lots of windows. There were 2 TVs, a large sofa, desk, and of course the sweet sleeper bed.

The bathroom was your standard Sheraton bath but with extra amenities including the full set of bliss (including shower gel and mouthwash), shaving cream, cotton balls, and a bath loofah ^

It's a very nice Sheraton for it's price range. $107 a night. You can't beat that. Also, note that even though this hotel offers club level rooms, they do not offer a club lounge I don't know why. However, club level, suite, and Platinums get

1. complimentary bottled water (2)
2. complimentary high speed internet
3. 2 buffet breakfast

Oh yea, the front desk agent failed to mention all of the above benefits I was trying to look for the club lounge and couldn't find it so I called operater. She told me all of the benefits. She also questioned why I wasn't being put on the club floor (I got a suite, so I didn't complain). She came back to apologized for the club suites being booked this evening. She sent someone to give me my breakfast vouchers.

Overall, it's a great hotel with EXCELLENT perks for Plat, but the front desk staff needs serious training

p.s. I'll post some pictures later
I was not told about all the benefits for platinum when I stayed there last week. No platinum recognition and no platinum amenity offered. I even have to ask for the upgrade.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
How Strange-on the hotels website they extoll the virtues of the Club floor-INCLUDING a blurb about their lounge
Staying there tommorow night.

REPORT:This is one of the nicest Sheratons I have ever been at.
Everything is clean and new,free breakfast for plats.Suite Upgrade without having to ask.
Great "living room"feel to the lobby.Free computer terminals(four of them!)copy machine and printer.
I wish the Sheraton in downtown LA were this nice!

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Feb 9, 2008 at 4:59 pm
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

p.s. Some of the suites here are now equipped with 50" plasma TV. It's fantastic ^

Also, in addition to free water, internet, and breakfast, Platinums now also get a voucher for a free appetizer at Grill 91/Room service.

A nice option would be crabtini ($12) ^
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
p.s. Some of the suites here are now equipped with 50" plasma TV. It's fantastic ^

Also, in addition to free water, internet, and breakfast, Platinums now also get a voucher for a free appetizer at Grill 91/Room service.

At the Cerritos Sheraton right now-was not offered the Appetizer
Would have made me eat here last night instead of Sam Woo(love the duck there)
Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
At the Cerritos Sheraton right now-was not offered the Appetizer
Would have made me eat here last night instead of Sam Woo(love the duck there)
Ask for one. The front desk agent told me it's a brand new benefit for Platinums only (not for club guests, suite guests etc).
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

The hotel is great and they take care of Plats - but it seems the experience received is pretty much up to the agent. I had a great agent during my last stay who offered all the benefits up front. Your bad agent produced a completely different experience for a Plat customer - and perception is everything.

More fuel for your other thread - Starwood really needs to work on service consistency. One hotel. Two Plats. Two totally opposite experiences. It shouldn't be that way.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
The hotel is great and they take care of Plats - but it seems the experience received is pretty much up to the agent. I had a great agent during my last stay who offered all the benefits up front. Your bad agent produced a completely different experience for a Plat customer - and perception is everything.

More fuel for your other thread - Starwood really needs to work on service consistency. One hotel. Two Plats. Two totally opposite experiences. It shouldn't be that way.
Exactly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.