Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I was there just a couple of months ago...still no lounge.

I will be returning in July so I'll report back.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Just checked in. I already love this hotel. I am SPG gold and I received 2 vouchers for free buffet breakfast, 250 points, and free internet. Three great benefits for being a lowly gold member!

I love the room decor; lots of dark brown, black trim and creme. FD was very professional and quick. The room is very quiet which I very much appreciate.

No issues with internet speed.

Bottled water in the room is $3.00 each.

Last edited by poptarts; Nov 1, 2013 at 9:28 pm
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts
Just checked in. I already love this hotel. I am SPG gold and I received 2 vouchers for free buffet breakfast, 250 points, and free internet. Three great benefits for being a lowly gold member!

I love the room decor; lots of dark brown, black trim and creme. FD was very professional and quick. The room is very quiet which I very much appreciate.

No issues with internet speed.

Bottled water in the room is $3.00 each.
You can ask for SPG free water, they will send up for no charge
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:49 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
stayed here Friday night, after 3 nights in Garden Grove on a very cheap rate. Upgraded (we're gold) without asking to Club level, which included a voucher for each of us to the b'fast buffet. Nice suburban location, free parking, good sized room. Mattress seemed old, not nearly as comfortable as prior nights' bed, but that's the only complaint. 2 free and 2 pay bottles of water in the room
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Late checkout not honored

For the record I typically enjoy my time at this hotel and this stay generally met expectations. However, this is the first time I have ever had any issue as hotel is unable honor 4pm late check out because it is oversold today. A bit of a pain since I was not planning to hit the road until later in the evening . Plus apparently no manager on duty to remedy the issue. CC has been made aware so we'll see where it goes from there.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Am here now. Upgrade to Jr. Suite. Received breakfast coupon....but have heard from friends it is a miserable offering. Given wifi password at check-in. Asked if lounge--nope; pointed out their restaurant and others nearby. She did not ask about Plat amenity.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Am here now. Upgrade to Jr. Suite. Received breakfast coupon....but have heard from friends it is a miserable offering. Given wifi password at check-in. Asked if lounge--nope; pointed out their restaurant and others nearby. She did not ask about Plat amenity.
Upgrades here are usually fairly predictable, and there is nothing wrong with the buffet - it is a shy reminder of what they offered here a few years ago (smoked salmon is but a distant memory), but still has all the basics and the quality is not bad.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:31 pm

Plenty of free parking, but sometimes hard to find a spot when there is a wedding. Many weddings here.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
Plenty of free parking, but sometimes hard to find a spot when there is a wedding. Many weddings here.
...and incredibly bad breakfast buffet
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Eastside
...and incredibly bad breakfast buffet
Compared to what? The stale fruit and pastries found in 99% of US/Canada Sheraton lounges for breakfast?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:30 pm

January 2015 comments

Stayed here a few nites.

The bad:

- Parking lot is full during the day. Workers in nearby buildings crowd the lot. I had to park in the mall across the street. As a paying guest, this was annoying.
- Nearby workers also crowd the outside umbrella tables meant for Sheraton guests during their morning coffee breaks. They bring their own coffee.
- One business center computer was not working. The three others terminals were taken by people who sat for hours. I couldn't print my boarding pass.
- Asked to not "go green" but was given the $5 credit and no housekeeping.

The good
- Location. Useful stores across the street; cerritos is a pleasant town. decent highway access.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Was looking for a night's stay, found that there is an accessible room around 3,500 sq ft.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...erOfChildren=0
Old May 17, 2015, 6:49 am

Stayed again in March. Overall very good, but still with the parking problems. The open parking reserved for guests is liberally used by the office workers next door. It does seem, however, to be the best hotel in the nearby area.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
I just completed a 5-night stay at the Sheraton Cerritos.

Pros
- Good freeway access
- Very quiet city and location
- Access to restaurants and shops nearby

Cons
- The staff here need better training. Most were very unprofessional.
- Front desk staff here did not recognize SPG status and benefits. They forgot my breakfast voucher (included in my booking rate) and gave me a hard time about it.
- Confirmed: There is no Sheraton Club Lounge at this property. They have a Club floor (8th floor) but that's it.
- The internet here is wonky. Speeds were variable and unreliable at times.
- Breakfast buffet was nothing particularly special. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries, fruits, cereals. That's about it. I ended up passing on it altogether.
- Lobby for socializing is almost non-existent. This property is more of a conference centre than anything.
- Walls are thin. I heard my neighbours next door getting it on. Maybe this is a pro if this is your kind of thing?
- The fountains in the lobby were pretty annoying.

Considering the price paid, it wasn't bad, and I was here on business. I would not recommend coming for leisure, unless you're getting a great deal. I requested a room upgrade, and it was honoured, but the description of the room matched the exact one I booked, so...yeah. I've been to this property a number of years ago and got a suite as SPG Gold, but not this time around. Nothing has changed much here.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:38 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We did a 6 night stay here over Thanksgiving and had booked the "Executive Junior Suite" (or something like that), just because it was only about $20 more than a standard room and included b'fast. Room was L shaped, where the buildings come together, with a long wall of windows, TV in the bed area and in the large sitting area, and we had no trouble with the wifi.

B'fast buffet was fine in our opinion, in addition to the items just listed, each day there was either pancakes, waffles, or french toast, and there were also blintzes a couple days as well as interesting hashes (one with beets), and decent chopped/fried potatoes. Bagels would have been a nice option, but we felt there were enough choices.

Lobby isn't for entertaining or meeting people for sure, and the fountains would be annoying if you spent much time there but we didn't. We did find the desk personnel to be quite helpful. We chose MAGC for our stay and asked them to change and clean the room after 3 nights which did occur. They gave us a MAGC card anyone that night (which we returned). Parking is close and free, which is why we chose this over Garden Grove. Pool and hot tub were clean and quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.