Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Question re. elite nights w/ Amex Bonvoy card…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

I have an older bk with Amex and can’t get a new card approved despite good credit/income etc. My partner applied and was approved for the card. We have a travel goal in mind: 2 weeks in Shanghai next summer on points. Since they’re transferable (despite 100k annual cap) it’s not really an issue, but I’m a platinum and trying to hit titanium status before the trip. Is there any way I can attach her 15 elite nights from the Amex to my Bonvoy account? I’m an AU btw. Every time Amex tries to connect my personal Bonvoy acct to the card, it gets rejected - or simply just reads account not avail. I discovered today it’s because I’m not the primary, despite being told by a service rep that it could be done (I was skeptical of that). Anyhow, she just registered a Bonvoy account 10 min ago so the elite nights are useless on her acct. From what I’ve heard, elite nights aren’t transferable, but I wonder if there’s any way around that… Is there any way to not just forfeit this card feature/benefit, as would happen if they remain attached to her acct? If it’s of any help, her last name is coincidentally my first name… I was just wondering if there might be a way to leverage that in order to somehow combine accounts or find some loophole? I’m guessing not, but it’s worth thinking about/asking…
Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:01 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Nope. Have you tried opening a Chase card?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Not yet because of bk but I could try. how many elite nights are attached to that card? it would be nice not to have these 15 nights go to waste on my partners acct.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
My wife is a Bonv°y member, too. Rather than being a "waste" of nights, it tends to ensure no nights are wasted, and you can transfer points.

I love alternating "stays" in the same room, when bonuses are offered for stays.

These days one can get 15 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) each for a business and personal Bonv°y co-branded credit card through either Chase (personal) or AmEx (business and/or personal) for a maximum of 30 EQN annually per member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.