Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
You are correct I think.

Maybe maybe something at the E&R?

If I needed to find comfortable (rental) accommodation in Venezia for five people I would turn to airbnb and something like this:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/689490
Not E&R but Danieli, if you book the Royal Suite and add another room or suite...

The Doge’s Royal Suite may be combined with connecting rooms and suites to form two-, three-, four-, and five-bedroom suites.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...caleCode=en_US
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Not E&R but Danieli, if you book the Royal Suite and add another room or suite...

The Doge’s Royal Suite may be combined with connecting rooms and suites to form two-, three-, four-, and five-bedroom suites.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...caleCode=en_US
And for that price I would book connecting suites at the new Aman or rent the private villa of the owners of the Bauer
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
And for that price I would book connecting suites at the new Aman or rent the private villa of the owners of the Bauer
And the rest would be sufficent for highest quality cucina veneziana including wine and a private boat for the stay...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
And the rest would be sufficent for highest quality cucina veneziana including wine and a private boat for the stay...
For that matter given the money you could charter something like an Azimut 100 or even a Benetti with cook and an entire staff team and dock it on the Grande Canale and spend more or less the same money if staying a few days.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Yeah, I think we could *probably* squeeze into that Royal Suite...

Pretty sure we're going the apartment route. The one we have reserved for now has an outdoor terrace, washer/dryer, and is easily walkable to St. Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge. Wasn't the cheapest one we found, but at that point in our trip having ample space and a chance to catch up on laundry will be refreshing.

I noticed all of the cheaper hotel options on the mainland (in several of my preferred chains), but for just a couple nights I think it's worth it to be staying right in Venice proper.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:55 pm

Gritti seems to give the most value per point, but for a platinum is it worth the extra points? Location, and breakfast are usually higher on the priority list.

30k points for Gritti Palace ($1100), vs
20k points for Westin ER ($450), vs
10k+$180 for Westin ER ($450)
Old May 29, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Non-smoking rooms in Venice

I am planning a trip to Venice this fall and am planning at staying at either the Westin Europa & Regina or the Gritti Palace but it appears they each only have 1 category of non-smoking rooms. I am also a Platinum and am planning (or rather hoping) to use SNAs to upgrade to a suite for the nights we are there.

For those that have stayed at either property, how bad are the "smoking allowed" suites, did you have any luck with a higher category room that is non-smoking, or is it just luck of the draw once you get there? Thanks!
Old May 29, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by kmd0506
I am planning a trip to Venice this fall and am planning at staying at either the Westin Europa & Regina or the Gritti Palace but it appears they each only have 1 category of non-smoking rooms. I am also a Platinum and am planning (or rather hoping) to use SNAs to upgrade to a suite for the nights we are there.

For those that have stayed at either property, how bad are the "smoking allowed" suites, did you have any luck with a higher category room that is non-smoking, or is it just luck of the draw once you get there? Thanks!
I got a smoking suite at the Danieli and it wasn't bad at all. When we found out it was a smoking room we asked about non-smoking upgrades and they said they also had a non-smoking upgraded view room, but the smoking suite was bigger. We asked to check it out first and thought it was totally fine. You could tell that someone had smoked in it, but the smell was pretty faint. They were very friendly the whole time and genuinely seemed to want to put us in the best room possible.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
Danieli is exquisite, one of the most memorable hotels I ever stayed in. Marble everywhere, so nothing to absorb or give off stale smoke. Our room looked out over the grand Canal.... oh to be there again and visit the rooftop restaurant for the pasta fagiole and prosecco!!!! Enjoy and savor every minute of your Venice experience.

Last edited by LISAA; May 30, 2014 at 8:09 am Reason: tablet made errors
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:08 pm

Venice - Westin or St Regis

I am a plat and currently have a 3 night reservation at Westin Europa & Regina at 10750 sp + 230$ for a deluxe room in Sept 2015. I see there is also C&P availability at the St Regis San Clemente at 15000 sp + 275$ per night.

I was wondering if anyone had some opinions on whether it would be worthwhile to switch my reservation to the St Regis. I had some concerns about whether the boat ride from the private island interferes with the Venice experience as well.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Never stayed at these properties (westin or st.regis)

But from my experience, I strongly reccommend The Gritti Palace instead.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Dec 19, 2014 at 7:50 pm
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Welcome to Flyertalk and the SPG forum Henry Chow.

We have an ongoing thread where we consolidate all the discussions on where to stay in Venice, so I've merged your question into this thread.

The St Regis is a new addition to the SPG family, and there's a limited amount of recent information here in the Master Thread, if you haven't checked this out already :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:52 am

I am hoping for additional recent opinions regarding Gritti vs Danielli vs Europa. I am planning two night September 2015. Thank you.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:56 am

I would like to add: it appears on the Starwood website reviews guests are happiest with Gritti while more disappointment at Danielli and Europa regarding customer service and room quality.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Venice: Which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Hi. This is a very handy thread. Thank you. I am looking at staying in Venice over Christmas this year. I am favoring E&R or Gritti over Danieli because of the canal location. Being a Plat I am wondering whether we are likely to get a room with a view, but also wondering how the Christmas hols will influence this. Anyone know if Christmas is a busy or quiet time for these hotels. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.