Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
What is within say 1 mile of this property? Is there anything to do? I say 1 mile as I would be walking.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
I've stayed here twice over the past few months and can say that I don't think I've encountered a more helpful front desk staff than these guys. I usually get in very late at night, and it's just a relief to have a smiling face to greet you. Sometimes it's the small things like this that really stick with you.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
What is within say 1 mile of this property? Is there anything to do? I say 1 mile as I would be walking.
Not really. All I can think of that's within walking distance is a gas station, a Westin, and a few other airport hotels (maybe a Whataburger).

Not sure what you are looking for, but there is an outlet mall and several golf courses pretty close, but you would need need to take a taxi. You could also take the free shuttle to airport and at least find some decent restaurants, etc.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Thanks

I would be there from late afternoon to mid morning the next day

I was just looking for somewhere I could walk to and do something just to kill time. also looking for a place I could walk to for a bite to eat, buy a soda etc. Its as much for the walk and something to do as much as it would be to eat or buy something
Old May 10, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Here on a Hotwire stay, I saw there was a $20/night upgrade to Club floor. Figured it might trigger SPG points action, front desk confirmed it (the points from declining housekeeping + incidentals and the upgrade will come in handy). The lounge is still open on weekends, has the same breakfast as mentioned in a previous post, tea sandwiches, pizza pockets and jalapeño poppers + dessert in the lounge. Beer and wine as well (2 drink limit). Staff is nice and awesome as mentioned above as well. Room is a bit dated (things like no power outlets at desk level for cell phones are the giveaway), though there is a refurb supposedly. Room was clean and comfy if a bit dated. It's good value for less than $100 a night all-in. The area is in the middle of nowhere (you want a car if you want to leave the property), though you get a great territorial view of the airport from the lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Any recent stays?

It looks the the property has been renovated.

Would you chose this or the Westin for an 8PM Sunday night arrival?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Choice Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
I stayed at this hotel a month ago, and also at the Westin DFW Airport a week later. The Sheraton has been through a light renovation. It is more than suitable for an Airport hotel. It is in the middle of nowhere however. I use Uber when I'm there to travel the area. DFW prices are cheap, and you get the SPG points for using them.

The Westin is in process of renovation. I stayed in a club suite. The carpet had been patched. The room was clean, and a good size. The price was very reasonable as well. Both hotel staffs are great; always friendly and helpful. I stay at either hotel a couple of nights a month based on price. You can't go wrong with either, unless your expectations are extremely high, for an airport location.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Rope1031
The Sheraton has been through a light renovation.
what kind of a light renovation????i'm staying here for a couple of nights later this week....

is the club lounge still open on the weekends????
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Hmmm, no recent posts on this proprety. Had an early flight in September so decided to use this hotel.

Was welcome to use the lounge which is open for 24 hours. There was a coffee machine and one can of sprite in the fridge. Nothing else, not even bottled water. At least it was cool. Somehow the air conditioning works in the lounge but in my room, on the same floor, the temperature measured 88 at 7 pm with the AC and fan on high.

Went down to talk to the front desk around 8 PM who said that they were not sure what the problem was and no one else was reporting AC problems. Asked for a lower floor room on the opposite side and told none available. Asked if they could restock cold drinks in the fridge and was told tomorrow. But I was wlecome to purchase whatever they had left in the shop in the lobby. Conversation ended when the FD said is there anything else she could help with me with. I said she had not helped me in any way so far so probably not.

11 pm and the temperature had only dropped to 87. This time there had been a shift change, the FD was apologetic and immediately acknowledged that the higher floors have been having issues with the AC on hot days and it had been running over 100F every day that week. But nothing they could do. No compensation offered. Could not have anyone restock the lounge after 9 PM, I needed to ask before p PM (which I had). At least they were polite.

Definitely not going back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.