Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Booking rooms with possibility of misconnect?

Old May 31, 2013, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have to make a number of eastbound flights where I'm catching the last flight [connection] of the day to my destination. I will need a hotel at my destination, but I'm concerned one of the times I may misconnect. Is there any way I can/should take this into account when booking reservations?

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2013, 11:28 am

Review the cancelation policy, some flex rates can be canceled up to 6 pm local time, so see if it falls within your flight/connection times.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I have never had a problem with a standard business hotel in a major US city where I've misconnected. The key is to call ASAP when you do. The later time marches, the less of a chance they can sell the room.

Some places will issue a house credit you can use on your next trip, but even that is rare.
Old May 31, 2013, 1:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Often1
I have never had a problem with a standard business hotel in a major US city where I've misconnected. The key is to call ASAP when you do.
Same with me -- even on prepaid rates. I've had it happen on misconnects, canceled flights and even canceled meetings due to weather. No issue.

Call, ask for the front desk, and explain your situation. I suspect they will take care of you and cancel the reservation.
Old May 31, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
As noted above I've had it happen at least a dozen times and only once did a property say sorry we're charging you if you don't make it.

Only time I've been charged the night was a property I was driving 90 minutes too when I landed so it was nowhere near a major airport and they weren't the least bit flexible.

I think if the property is somewhat close to an airport this happens often enough that if you call they'll make an exception the vast majority of times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.