Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:59 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
Corner room facing street upper floors. You can get a view of Chrysler Building and Empire State Building, plus the rooms are bigger.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 11:58 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I stayed in what I would guess was a standard room on the 5th floor a while back on a *points award stay. Nice and convenient for what we were doing, but the room was on the smaller side and could use a little extra lighting near the dressing mirror. Staff was excellent and very friendly. As a class 3 hotel I didn't mind the 7K points, but it was a little high when I was thinking about going back and noticed it was 10K. For 10K award points I'd rather stay at Essex House (yes, I know that's leaving *wood).
Old May 1, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I believe there are 2 suites in the 4Pts. You should call ahead and find out if they can pre-block you if you're a Platinum.

Otherwise, all the rooms are relatively small. The corner rooms may be slightly bigger.

Another thing to consider is that there is no central heating and A/C. It's controlled by a standalone unit in the room that does not shut off via temperature control. In the winter, I remembered having to blast the heat, go out, and then turn the heat off when I go back. The heating/A/C unit is very noisy and may disturb sleep.
Old May 1, 2005, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum HH Gold
Prices at the Four Points and The Westin Times Square are both $299 per night for next weekend.

Therefore, the best room at the Four Points is to get a room at the Westin Times Square.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Scott218
Any update on this hotel?

For November 12-14, this is the cheapest hotel I can find on starwood (@209 on my corporate rate). Everything else is 269 and above. I can't believe I might be paying over 200 on a 4-points.
Scott218 - I will be there the same weekend, but just for the Saturday night, at a slightly higher rate. Arrive Sat pm, leave early Sun am.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Scott218 - I will be there the same weekend, but just for the Saturday night, at a slightly higher rate. Arrive Sat pm, leave early Sun am.
I may be wrong, but isn't Scott talking about being there in 11/2004?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 5:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by chauming
I may be wrong, but isn't Scott talking about being there in 11/2004?
LOL
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:00 am

Yeah.. That was last year.

The hotel is pretty nice. They gave all the Platinums more amentiy points (600). The location is close to the subway. The deco is nice. The only thing that bugs me was the furnance. It doesn't have auto temp control. When it's cold, you either turn on the heat the whole night or turn it on when you're out and turn it off when you're back in the room.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Right now, everybody is complaining about hotel rates in NYC, but as it's a function of general hotel vacancy rates and such rates are extremely low right now, you're going to end up paying more to stay here, even though it is "just" a Four Points.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:16 pm
Suspended

like this hotel quite a bit due to its convenience but......

for the second time in two stays, the property missed my wake up call (tonight being the second time).
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:41 pm
Suspended

i really like the convenience of this property, as i stated in my earlier thread. moreover, the staff is very friendly.

i would, however, like to point out several customer service issues i have had.

1) as stated earlier, the hotel missed wake-up calls on back-to-back stays

2) in my stay previous to last, housekeeping ignored a do not disturb door and knocked to ask when i would like service.

3) a package was delivered to me via fedex on feb. 4 but no one at the front desk alerted me nor did they make any attempt to deliver it. i searched for tracking info and researched the whereabout of the package via fedex.com on feb. 7 since i was concerned that it was lost in transit. after i checked fedex.com and saw that it was delivered on feb. 4, i called the front desk only to be told: "oh yeah, it's down here."

4) a fax was sent to me on feb. 7. no attempt by the front desk was made to deliver it to me (by sliding it under the door) or even alerting me that it had arrived. i picked it up on feb. 8. it was in a folder with my name in big letters on a desk right behind the front desk (where front desk personnel saw it for a full day).

5) there are no bottle openers in the rooms. sometimes bottle openers are mounted in the bathroom, etc. since i don't travel with a bottle opener, i called the front desk only to be told that they don't have a bottle opener nor were they willing to get one for me. i was told that the front desk used to have one or two for guest use but after they weren't returned, the openers weren't replaced. isn't that the point of a deposit? why is it future guests fault that they aren't diligent on tracking the items. plus, they are $1 each...they should have 20 laying around. i don't know that i have ever gone to a hotel that couldn't provide me with a bottle opener.

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Feb 10, 2006 at 1:43 pm
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I recently stayed at this hotel in January 2006 for one night. Can't say that I had any service issues (faxes, deliveries, amenities, etc.)...but then again, I didn't require much. I really liked the location...pretty close to the 2/3 Red Line (1 block or so). Easy walking to lots of shops, etc.

I thought the front desk people were very friendly. As I was leaving on Sunday one of the desk clerks walked with a woman for 1/2 block to flag down a taxi for her (it was raining lightly). I thought that was nice.

One thing that puzzled me was when I checked in, the desk clerk said "Do you want the 600 point platinum amenity, Mr. tmartazu? I said, "Sure!, but I thought it was only 250 at Four Points?". He responded saying, "...that's our 'thing'". Which I took to mean that this hotel typically offered 600 pts, maybe because it was supposed to be the flagship Four Points and priced much higher than other Four Points.

Well, as it turns out, when I received the Platinum Amenity, it was only 250 pts . OK, it's only 350 points difference from what I expected...I let it go.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:36 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Is the 4 Points worth the price? I am getting rates of $275 for October, that seems very high.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 5:28 am
Suspended

I stayed there last year and only paid $169 for the room. To say the room was small was an understatement. You had to go into the hall to change your mind.

If the points / stay credit are critical go for it. If not, there are better deals to be found.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by tmartazu
I recently stayed at this hotel in January 2006 for one night. Can't say that I had any service issues (faxes, deliveries, amenities, etc.)...but then again, I didn't require much. I really liked the location...pretty close to the 2/3 Red Line (1 block or so). Easy walking to lots of shops, etc.

I thought the front desk people were very friendly. As I was leaving on Sunday one of the desk clerks walked with a woman for 1/2 block to flag down a taxi for her (it was raining lightly). I thought that was nice.

One thing that puzzled me was when I checked in, the desk clerk said "Do you want the 600 point platinum amenity, Mr. tmartazu? I said, "Sure!, but I thought it was only 250 at Four Points?". He responded saying, "...that's our 'thing'". Which I took to mean that this hotel typically offered 600 pts, maybe because it was supposed to be the flagship Four Points and priced much higher than other Four Points.

Well, as it turns out, when I received the Platinum Amenity, it was only 250 pts . OK, it's only 350 points difference from what I expected...I let it go.

The 350 comes in as extra/bonus points. It may not appear at the same time as the amenity points (which is 250).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.