Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Old May 13, 2002, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Hello all!

It's the ArabellaSheraton Pelikan Hotel in Hannover/Germany offering a May Special for € 99,00 per person for 2 nights incl. breakfast and a picnic basket and some other goodies, single use is only € 16,00 more. If you think 2 nights are too long for you: they offer 1 nite @ € 88,00 incl. Breakfast all summer (dbl or sgl use), just ask for the 88 Euro rate and be a little consistent, you will get it

Old Nov 23, 2002, 9:47 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
ArabellaSheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

IMO, a very good deal:

ArabellaSheraton Pelikan Hotel Hannover: Package "Audi A8 und die Autostadt"

- 1 night in a Designer suite
- welcome drink
- fruit basket
- breakfast buffet
- free entrance to fitness center next to hotel ("Physical-Park")
- 1 lunch box
- 1 ticket for "Autostadt" Wolfsburg
- Audi A8 during the stay

double room: 75EUR/person
single room: 125EUR/person

Book directly in the hotel or via 00 8000 32 53 53 53

The package is offered from 01-Nov-02 until 31-Mar-03 (due to availability).
Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:55 am

Programs: LH, SPG, HHonors, MR
ArabellaSheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

all of a sudden i'll probably have to stay a night in hannover today. so i checked thru SPG.com (i'm plat btw) and the best rate for the Pelikan is 309 EUR/night. The hotel is nice but not THAT good (i paid around 100 EUR/night last time) so i checked with Hotel Reservation Service (www.HRS.com) and HRS rate is 199!

I always was of the opinion that SPG.com offers the best rate ANYWHERE.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Has anyone stayed here recently? How was it?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
I was able to take a few pictures with my mobile during my last visit (sorry for the quality). I was upgraded to a suite with double high ceilings which is not visible in the pictures due to me not having a wide angle lens.
Overall a very nice hotel with good food quality and some decent water holes around. Transport to the CBD is easy via Tram.

Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Looks quite nice. I will be here this Saturday night. will post a review after this. Does anyone know what the price for breakfast is here and if there are any alternatives nearby, I have a car.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:43 am

Does anyone know if the club lounge is open on weekends? and until what time at night?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: Lufthansa, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Avis
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Does anyone know if the club lounge is open on weekends? and until what time at night?
lounge opening hours

mon / fri 10:30am 10:30pm
sat / sun 8:30am - 6:00pm

called front desk
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by LFCorsten
lounge opening hours

mon / fri 10:30am 10:30pm
sat / sun 8:30am - 6:00pm

called front desk
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:31 pm

Any recent stay updates?

I really enjoy this Hotel but have not stayed there since 2005 when I had a very enjoyable stay.
Have tried to book Oct 1 thru 9 but apparently the Hotel is sold out for the whole period
The plat line have offered me an overide at
360 Euro (Exec)
395 (Club)
425 (Jr. Suite)

ouch!...this aint NYC!
Any recent stay info appeciated

Edit: I love the edge of the forest location:real Hansel and Gretel country

Last edited by aussiechris; Aug 2, 2009 at 5:45 pm Reason: Picture added
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by aussiechris
I really enjoy this Hotel but have not stayed there since 2005 when I had a very enjoyable stay.
Have tried to book Oct 1 thru 9 but apparently the Hotel is sold out for the whole period
The plat line have offered me an overide at
360 Euro (Exec)
395 (Club)
425 (Jr. Suite)

ouch!...this aint NYC!
Any recent stay info appeciated
The hotel is actually only booked out for one night (3rd October = German Re-Unification Day). The other days are between EUR 89 and 129 per night or cheaper if you have a corporate rate.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
The hotel is actually only booked out for one night (3rd October = German Re-Unification Day). The other days are between EUR 89 and 129 per night or cheaper if you have a corporate rate.
Thanks DownUnderFlyer
The prices I got were from the Plat line answered in Singapore who told me it was booked out...
I have found availability at basically normal rates on a 3rd party site and am awaiting a response from Singapore

http://www.hotelplanner.com/Search/I...=82&btnGo.y=19
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:32 am

Great stay in stall for you...

I have just finished a 6 day stay here and had another satisfying stay.

When I arrived, Tina at reception was very efficient and friendly and upgraded me to a suite that she considered the best room in the Hotel (#123).
Breakfast is served in the Lounge which is just off the buffet breakfast area although I chose to eat out in the restaurant.No problems at all, it is complimentary for Platinum guests and I was never charged when I ordered non buffet items liked cooked eggs.
I was also given complimentary internet which was a little slow so I reverted to my 30 day T Mobile wireless account that I set up in Frankfurt and speeds were very fast.A great idea for those who are travelling in Germany for more than a week and very low cost...less than 1 EURO/day.
The location is an issue for some people but not me and I was happy to pay 20 EURO by cab to Messe and 10 EURO to Kropcke for shopping.
I noticed the Hotel is a little quiet on weekends and this may cause you to stay at the Kastens or similar closer in but the walk in the forest (no running...injured) is a unique experience.
Jessica runs a very efficient front office team and last minute laundry or ironing was no problem.
Nice people, a clean and superior experience.
One of the best Sheratons I have stayed at....let me correct that one of the best Starwood Hotels I have stayed at.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by aussiechris
I have just finished a 6 day stay here and had another satisfying stay.

When I arrived, Tina at reception was very efficient and friendly and upgraded me to a suite that she considered the best room in the Hotel (#123).
Breakfast is served in the Lounge which is just off the buffet breakfast area although I chose to eat out in the restaurant.No problems at all, it is complimentary for Platinum guests and I was never charged when I ordered non buffet items liked cooked eggs.
I was also given complimentary internet which was a little slow so I reverted to my 30 day T Mobile wireless account that I set up in Frankfurt and speeds were very fast.A great idea for those who are travelling in Germany for more than a week and very low cost...less than 1 EURO/day.
The location is an issue for some people but not me and I was happy to pay 20 EURO by cab to Messe and 10 EURO to Kropcke for shopping.
I noticed the Hotel is a little quiet on weekends and this may cause you to stay at the Kastens or similar closer in but the walk in the forest (no running...injured) is a unique experience.
Jessica runs a very efficient front office team and last minute laundry or ironing was no problem.
Nice people, a clean and superior experience.
One of the best Sheratons I have stayed at....let me correct that one of the best Starwood Hotels I have stayed at.
Wow, the exact opposite during my stay.

Inexperienced staff ( Excuse: We have a lot of trainees...! )

No upgrade ( Excuse: ... because you are only a base member according to my system ) ... I take the blame for this one, I did not carry the card, but never had to in the past, the system should have all relevant info...

Club lounge closed on Sunday afternoon ( Excuse: the weekends are sloooow )

Pathetic service during breakfast replacing items ( Excuse: We reduced the staff for this shift, because we have to save...)

Surprisingly though, not enough tables for breakfast resulting in the fact that my table was cleared and my sunday paper was gone for good while I chased some tomatoes at the buffet...

No participation in the 1000 points promo ( Excuse: We did that in the past, but we do not participate anymore )

Mentioned at check out that I felt that other hotels in the city would have offered far better value for money, mainly because the Sheraton was 60 Euro more expensive than an all suite 4 star property in town, I was told that 'I should use points for my next stay, because I saw you have lots of them...'
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:05 pm

Thumbs down

I agree with FD1971. Was 'upgraded' to a executive room, well nothing executive about it. It felt more like a college dorm, it was on the 4th floor I believe and I had to take the stairs!!!! with my luggage, to get there as there was no elevator to that floor. No help was offered. I agree on the staff attitude as well, they were very inexperienced and uninterested.

This could be as I requested a twin bedded room, but I did so several weeks in advance and I am certain this isn't their best twin room. The hotel was completely empty on this Saturday night. All restaurants and bars were closed as it was holiday season (no mention on the website). We had to go to the city to get something to eat, we were planning on visiting the centre anyway but would liked to have dinner at the hotel before that.

In the clubroom it said breakfast was included for club guests (didn't say anything on weekends) but was charged 20 Euro pp anyway asked at checkout but was told I would have to pay it even as a Platinum guest.

During this trip I stayed at 4 more Starwood hotels in Germany and they all were a lot better and provided better service for their plat guests.

Next time I'm in Hannover will probably take a non Starwood hotel in the city if I don't need the stay credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.