Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
The LM Stuttgart leaves a very bad impression on me. I sent them a question by email last Sunday and I did not yet get an answer.

On the other hand, I send an email to the Sheraton Maspalomas and got an answer within a few hours ^
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I have a stay there tonight, as far as I can see no pre-upgrade.

We will see, if there will be an upgrade ( with all including extras ) or not and for free... and if I get lounge access...

Apropos email: last email I got this from this german hotel...

" Risposta automatica Fuori sede: Ihr Besuch in [ ... ]

A german hotel, member of an american chain has an Out of Office AutoReply in italian! WOW, that's Europe live!!!

BTW: Email was sent by my german email account.

So I waiting to write positives here...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:35 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Right after conversion from Interconti to LeMeridien I got nice upgrades staying there. But only a few months later it really started to go downhill, no real upgrades anymore, besides late checkout no benefits for spg plat guest and I heard the exact same story from all my friends staying there. So I really stopped staying there about a year ago.

I still hope that this situation will change sooner or later and will follow this thread. I would love to stay there again if plats are treated well again...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Right after conversion from Interconti to LeMeridien I got nice upgrades staying there. But only a few months later it really started to go downhill, no real upgrades anymore, besides late checkout no benefits for spg plat guest and I heard the exact same story from all my friends staying there. So I really stopped staying there about a year ago.
As pointed out earlier, I can only second the impression posted by ralfkrippner. Some colleagues also experienced the same, no real upgrades or other goodies on top of uncompetitive rates..., the pseudo club lounge is a poor joke, the half-hearted reply by a manager granting one poster all the goodies, because he complained is also saying a lot.

Am I supposed to carry a copy of his post as well ?

If one of the friendly lurkers could contact the property on behalf of quite some disappointed members here, it would give the property a chance to comment on the issues.

At this point,one cannot really recommend the only SPG choice around and I am sure quite some German users as well as US members frequent the greater Stuttgart area a lot...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Upgrade? No Junior suite. Room with view to the street. [ good soundproof ]

Le Méridien Stuttgart: your stylish accommodation

no free minibar because no upgrade...

free water in the room? Yes, 1/2 l Staatl. Fachingen naturell

Lounge access? Yes

free newspaper? Yes ( ordered at check in, but not delivered... )

free internet? Hope so... Yes

Welcome letter, personalized? Yes, written with computer and hand signed with pen

Junior suites still available? Yes...

Lounge:

4th floor, 441, access with room key.

in the evening: tomato soup, bread, butter and a dip, some apples that's all

in the morning: the apples

soft drinks: Fanta, Cola ( classic and light ) apple juice, orange juice, water medium ( Staatl. Fachingen ) and vittel

alcohol: beer ( Beck's ), white ( Riesling ) and red ( Lemberger ) wine. BTW: In the evening I have taken the last white wine glass, next morning there was not even one white wine glass. Service has forgotten to refill...

coffee machine: little WMF for Espresso, Cafe creme, Latte macchiato and Cappuccino, but the last two aren't available, because the milk system isn't added. ( In the morning there was no coffee, because service has forgotten to refill the coffee beans... )

nothing to write home at all...

May be there will be a new lounge in the first floor in the future, date unknown.

sunday brunch: outstanding!!!

sparkling wine, water, fresh pressed orange and fresh pressed blood orange juice, apple juice ( naturtrüb ), other juices, tea and coffee

hot:

beef broth with Flädle, Klößchen, Maultaschenstreifen and vegetables

game / gourmet fishes, Maultaschen, roastbeef, lamb, pork filet, duck, pork roast with crackling etc.

Potato - Gratin, Spätzle, Spaghetti, Risotto etc.

Vegatables ( Kohlrabi, Spinach etc. )

cold:

Oysters, sushi, salmon, smoked salmon, shrimps, sausages, Pate, salads, mozzarelline, etc.

desert: sorbet, ice cream, Rote Grütze, cakes, fruit salad, fresh fruit, creme brulee, huge assortment of deserts in glasses etc.

chocolate fountain

Bread: huge assortment

The door of the lounge and my room door should be repaired...

The room door was open after housekeeping has leaved...

The water closet works or do not work... It is a known problem... Konstruktionsfehler...

In the lounge I killed a tooth with hard bread. My filling is out and tooth is broken...

All in all a remarkable weekend...

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Aug 1, 2010 at 1:48 pm Reason: mehrfach editiert wegen Nächträgen
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:54 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by FD1971
...If one of the friendly lurkers could contact the property on behalf of quite some disappointed members here, it would give the property a chance to comment on the issues...
All of the issues cited here have been forwarded to EAME divisional headquarters. That is all I have to add at this time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
All of the issues cited here have been forwarded to EAME divisional headquarters. That is all I have to add at this time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Some update from the front: Both me and my wife are platinum members.

On our stay last Friday we got one junior suite and one executive room. The lounge access was not a point and was given without asking for it ^

The free minibar was initially denied by the front desk staff. I discussed the situation the next morning with the manager on duty. He offered me the free minibar in the junior suite.

What is new since last weekend: The executive rooms do no longer come with a free minibar. So there won't be any more discussions about that.

Whilst I think we must accept the hotels decision to no longer offer free minibars to the executive rooms I think it is a major drawback for the hotel because my decision will be easier: Hilton with complimentary breakfast for < 100 € versus Le Méridien without breakfast and without any other extras for > 150 €

To summarize: I was happy with my stay but I understand that there is lot of room to improve
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:13 pm
Suspended

The mini bar situation at Le Meridien properties in Europe is ridiculous anyway, at some you have everything for free, at some you have the drinks for free, at some properties you have to fight for it, at some you have to pay for it...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
What is new since last weekend: The executive rooms do no longer come with a free minibar. So there won't be any more discussions about that.
However, what they sell is different. I checked it a minute ago: Room description: 30 Sqm Room In A Chic French Style, Access To Executive Loun Ge, 1shirt Dry Cleaning, Minibar And Internet Free

The mini bar situation at Le Meridien properties in Europe is ridiculous anyway, at some you have everything for free, at some you have the drinks for free, at some properties you have to fight for it, at some you have to pay for it...
Why is that "ridiculous"? Free minibar is not at all an SPG perk. So you get it if it is part of your personal deal. Stuttgart is ridiculous, because they do not honour what they offer in their room description.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:46 am
Suspended

The situation in Europe - where you have it sometimes for free - is certainly much better than in the USA - where you never have it for free. In addition, you have very high standard hotels in Europe versus low quality hotels in the USA @:-)
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
However, what they sell is different. I checked it a minute ago: Room description: 30 Sqm Room In A Chic French Style, Access To Executive Loun Ge, 1shirt Dry Cleaning, Minibar And Internet Free
You are right, it is still there in the "room describtion". That only means that the hotel forgot to amend the room describtions. On the details on the booking page they do no longer list the free minibar

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 3, 2010 at 3:17 am Reason: fixed ubb coding for ease in reading
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
The situation in Europe - where you have it sometimes for free - is certainly much better than in the USA - where you never have it for free. In addition, you have very high standard hotels in Europe versus low quality hotels in the USA @:-)
My comment was not related to different standards on different continents, however was critisizing the missing brand standards in Germany/Austria.

Once hyped as free in newer LM hotels as Hamburg or Vienna, the minibar is not free in places like Nuremberg, partly complimentary in Hamburg or fully complimentary in Vienna.

Cannot be too difficult to bring one brand in two adjacent countries on some level...and would be highly appreciated considering that SPG overstates everything in Germany anyway...

Pimp my Sheraton resulting in Westin Grand properties, the 2 star 4 Points CGN, the pseudo Sheraton's in Frankfurt-Congress or Offenbach, which are a disgrace for the brand, Stuttgart playing SPG by its own rules...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:03 am

No free minibar for no one ==> no complain...

The only free minibar at a Le Meridien I remember was at the Royal Meridien Hamburg, but this is not 100% correct, because I had a Duplex Suite with two free minibars

Italy: Torino ( both ), Milano never ever free minibar
France: Juan les Pins no free minibar
Germany: Nürnberg no free minibar
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:50 am
Community Director Emerita

Austria: Le Meridien Vienna has free minibar as of last week
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Silver
Decent stay

I stayed at LeMeridien Stuttgart last week (2 day stay, midweek, C&P); overall it seemed like a decent hotel with a good location near the center of town.

Received the nice platinum member welcome and spiel, was told we received an upgraded room (wasn't a suite, didn't seem like anything special, but it was a decent room, no minibar so I can't comment on that ongoing discussion.)

Was told that there was not a lounge and hadn't seen the recent discussions on that so let it go. Breakfast also not included (25 euro - didn't eat there, but it looked good.) Was offered my choice of platinum amenities (took points - they haven't shown up yet), etc. etc.

On checkout they tried to charge me for internet, but waived the fee when I reminded them it should be free. No major issues there, either.

Overall, I was pleased with the hotel - not great, but for what we were looking for (a place to crash between touring around), it was fine. Facilities were in good condition and clean, employees were all helpful and friendly. My only real beef (until I heard about the fact that there was a lounge) was that parking seemed a bit spendy (20 euro/night), but realistically that's equivalent to other hotels in the region.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.