Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Bristol, Luxury Collection, Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mahasamatman
This Wikipost no longer applies, but there's no way to delete it.
Print Wikipost

Hotel Bristol, Luxury Collection, Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat MM sen
Arrow Hotel Bristol, Luxury Collection, Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

I will be going for two nights to Warsaw, any recomendation for the Le Meridien hotel there?
Before I stay in Westin (very nice service and do not need to ask for upgrade) and Sheraton (average - broken glass on the floor in the bathroom).

ppyszk
Old May 3, 2006, 12:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
We stayed here a couple of years ago and liked it. Probably depends what sort of hotel you're looking for. The Meridien is old fashioned decor (but was well kept when we were there anyway) and handy for the old town.
Old May 3, 2006, 1:13 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I tried the Westin, the Sheraton and the Royal Meridien two weeks ago. At the Royal Meridien, my SPG membership was not in the system, although I had booked the stay on the SPG web site. After some consultation, the check-in staff upgraded me to a two room suite, which was a bit dated. My stay has not been credited yet.

I would rank the Westin first and both the Sheraton and the Royal Meridien second. The Royal Meridien and the Sheraton have a wider range of restaurants, and the Royal Meridien does have a swimming pool, which I could not use as it was closed for Easter. The Sheraton, the Westin and the Royal Meridien had a lounge. When breakfast was not available in the lounge at the Sheraton, due to Easter, I was offered breakfast at the restaurant. At the Royal Meridien, the lounge was closed and breakfast was not offered. At the Westin, breakfast in the lounge was pleasant.

Overall, I preferred the corner suite and the 43rd floor swimming pool at the IC , the comfort of the Westin, the lounge at the Sheraton, the location, the food, the wine list and the elegant old-fashioned public areas at the Royal Meridien. I did not like the miserly upgrade at the Sheraton and the view on the parking lot.
Old May 3, 2006, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Overall, I preferred the corner suite and the 43rd floor swimming pool at the IC , the comfort of the Westin, the lounge at the Sheraton, the location, the food, the wine list and the elegant old-fashioned public areas at the Royal Meridien. I did not like the miserly upgrade at the Sheraton and the view on the parking lot.
Lovely, sounds like the future hotel in Warsaw. Thanks a lot for advice.
ppyszk
Old May 3, 2006, 6:04 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I did not like the miserly upgrade at the Sheraton and the view on the parking lot.
From your quote I take it that the Warsaw Sheraton is going along with the new 'Towers' policy of not upgrading to Towers/Executive Lounge rooms /suites for Plats? I will be in WAW at the end of this month and have booked the Westin & the Sheraton for one night each at cheap weekend rates. With the Westin, I've already been confirmed in an Exec floor suite with full breakfast, but Sheaton still has me in my 'reserved' standard room. And while I don't need a suite, I would like to have lounge access.
Old May 3, 2006, 11:47 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mauld
From your quote I take it that the Warsaw Sheraton is going along with the new 'Towers' policy of not upgrading to Towers/Executive Lounge rooms /suites for Plats? I will be in WAW at the end of this month and have booked the Westin & the Sheraton for one night each at cheap weekend rates. With the Westin, I've already been confirmed in an Exec floor suite with full breakfast, but Sheaton still has me in my 'reserved' standard room. And while I don't need a suite, I would like to have lounge access.
I was on a really cheap Easter rate at all hotels. The Sheraton upgraded me to a larger room with a view on the parking lot. While it was not located on the Executive floor, I did have access to the lounge. Breakfast should have been available in the lounge, which was open and pleasant, but not on Easter Sunday, and for this reason, I was offered breakfast in the ground floor Mediterranean restaurant ^ . The Oriental restaurant was unfortunately closed and service was, overall, pleasant and helpful. The two room suite at the Westin was definitely better, but the restaurant there was more standard.
Old May 3, 2006, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Interesting you mention the Westin's restaurant was 'more standard'. I was there just after this property had opened 2 years ago and I thought their main restaurant was some sort of new /hip pan asian type. I didn't actually eat there, but across the street at a trendy continental spot (can't remember the name) as the prices at the Westin seemed a bit high. As for the Sheraton, thanks for mentioning that you did get lounge access. As for my rates over this upcoming US Memorial holiday, I am paying e100 for the Sheraton (which includes breakfast & late check out) and e74 for the Westin--both via Starwoods website. I keep checking to see if rates have come down from there, but so far that's the best I've seen.
Old May 3, 2006, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mauld
Interesting you mention the Westin's restaurant was 'more standard'. I was there just after this property had opened 2 years ago and I thought their main restaurant was some sort of new /hip pan asian type.
Well, it still does look a bit hip/pan asian fusion type, but you can find this type of restaurant almost anywhere now the menu was actually just so so, IMHO, more about appearance than substance, and service was a bit amateurish. In addition, you have the feeling you are just having your meal in the lobby of the hotel. The Oriental restaurant at the Sheraton and the "Polish" restaurant at the Royal Meridien are more about substance.

Regarding the rates, I paid about 75 euros (breakfast not included except in the lounge) at the Westin and the Sheraton, and around 90 euros for the Royal Meridien (and the IC) with an Easter promotion. I haven't seen such low rates since.
Old May 3, 2006, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like the Sheraton in Warsaw. I actually always book the club floor- which is only usually 15 EUR more per evening. They have very good SPG recognition. For me the location is great- but I suppose it depends which companies you are working with in WAW. The Westin is nothing special- but others seem to like it. I have stayed at the Bristol- the actual building in my opinion is beautiful- and the old town is very close if you happen to have free time. The lounge for me at the Sheraton makes this a much better bet- the staff are extremely knowledgeable and can help you with translators, restaurants, car services- whatever you need (really very good). In terms of in room welcome- they always give me a very good bottle of red wine and a bottle of San Pellegrino every day- I think this is great. On the upgrade front- I could be wrong but I don't believe they have very many suites- even on the club floor. The big rooms overlooking the park are fine for me.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM, SPG gld
Meridien Bristol Warsaw?

Anyone stayed here recently? We have a 109 Euro rate for an "executive"
room for a couple of nights in July; and I'm hoping this is not too good to be true.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SMTORD
Anyone stayed here recently? We have a 109 Euro rate for an "executive"
room for a couple of nights in July; and I'm hoping this is not too good to be true.
July is a not a busy month in WAW. I staid there the week before, had an impressive suite upgrade to a three room suite with a living room like a ball room with furniture from a 18th century palace. Services and food were excellent. Location second to none.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:42 am
Original Poster

I was there last weekend and got the special rate 84 EUR with brf. and taxes so better deal :-) and I got upgrade to junior suite, however stuff was not friendly (they refuse to give me the invoice as the resrvation was made outside spg.com - first time ever in my travel history), they also have the big construction work around the fasade so it's no so great.
ppyszk

PS I got better rate on third party website then on SPG.com and as usual best rate promiss did not work for me, but that's normal
Old Apr 15, 2007, 8:33 am

The Hotel Bristol is a favorite of mine. Most recently, I stayed there early fall of last year and found a similar rate to the one you mentioned. I enjoyed the stay very much, finding the room, service and location all very good. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed there a couple of weeks ago for one night.

I booked a room for 99E using the Best Rate Guarantee. They approved it immediately. I found the lower rate on Otel.com.

I checked in at 10am on a Thursday and was upgraded to a very nice junior suite on the 4th floor. I thought the entire staff was excellent and very friendly. The location is the best in the city. Short walks to everything and right on the major tram/bus lines.

Bar prices are insane. $8 a beer. Go across the street to the Brouwarmie. $3 microbrews. Friendly bartenders.

Rich
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM, SPG gld
Warsaw Meridien

Thanks, all of you! I feel much better about this!

We had stayed at the Europejeski on our last visit to Warsaw back in '00, on the recommendation of a travel agent. It was 140 Euros/nt back then, and abysmal.... like staying in a meat locker. I've been vindicated, but my husband still reminds me of that whenever I mention a great "deal" on a hotel room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.