Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:26 pm

Le Meridien Cyberport on Hong Kng Island?

How is thei hotel? Shuttle goes to where and complimentary? In room interent complimentary?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by best
How is thei hotel? Shuttle goes to where and complimentary? In room interent complimentary?
I really really like the hotel.
Quite modern and not so busy like the Sheraton HK. Very nice outdoor pool, gym!

As plat you get very nice threatments. The upgraded me on a C+P-Stay to Oceanview corner room (1003) plus free drinks in the bar, free breakfast + 50% discount in restaurant.

The bus transfer is not for free. But it leaves nearly every 30 Mins to Central.
But right next to the hotel there's a public bus station where you can catch easily a bus (use the octopus card for that).

Internet is not for free in the hotel. YOu have 2 PCs at the bar on the opposite of the gym. These are free to use.

The breakfast of LM HK was one of the best I got in Asia! Superb!!!!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I've read all the threads and am still trying to figure out where to stay during my 2 night visit to HK this August. It will be my first time there (and likely my last time for a while) so I don't want to scrimp, but I also don't want to stay in a beat up Sheraton.

I got a great rate of 1500 HKD for a Harbour View room at the Sheraton, but the Le Meridien has C+P availability. Right now I'm still thinking the Sheraton is a better bet - anyone think otherwise?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; Hilton Gold; Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by troyb
I've read all the threads and am still trying to figure out where to stay during my 2 night visit to HK this August. It will be my first time there (and likely my last time for a while) so I don't want to scrimp, but I also don't want to stay in a beat up Sheraton.

I got a great rate of 1500 HKD for a Harbour View room at the Sheraton, but the Le Meridien has C+P availability. Right now I'm still thinking the Sheraton is a better bet - anyone think otherwise?
Do you know your way around Hong Kong? You're going to have to take a bus to get to Central / Kowloon from Cyberport. It's on the other side of the island - no big deal imho but you may not want the hassle.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Agreed. As a first time trip and on the basis of a limited time frame (2 nights), the Sheraton is probably a better bet. The Sheraton has been remodelled and I certainly wouldn't call it "beat-up". As Plat, you probably have a better chance to score a suite upgrade there.

Having said that, if you think the LM is a better deal, getting to/from the LM is not a big deal. At worst, it's about a $70 HKD taxi to/from Central. Given the difference ($60 USD vs ~$200 USD, the LM is a better deal even if you factored in the taxi trips). But, it is removed from the action...
Old Jun 9, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by n5177c
Do you know your way around Hong Kong? You're going to have to take a bus to get to Central / Kowloon from Cyberport. It's on the other side of the island - no big deal imho but you may not want the hassle.
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Agreed. As a first time trip and on the basis of a limited time frame (2 nights), the Sheraton is probably a better bet. The Sheraton has been remodelled and I certainly wouldn't call it "beat-up". As Plat, you probably have a better chance to score a suite upgrade there.

Having said that, if you think the LM is a better deal, getting to/from the LM is not a big deal. At worst, it's about a $70 HKD taxi to/from Central. Given the difference ($60 USD vs ~$200 USD, the LM is a better deal even if you factored in the taxi trips). But, it is removed from the action...
Based on your feedback I'll keep my reservation at the Sheraton. Thanks for setting me straight. I would definitely prefer to be closer to the action and certainly do not know my way around HK, so Sheraton it is.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 7:47 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hi

Speaking from my personal experience, I would recommend that you give LM Cyberport a try.

In fact, I would encourage that you stay at both properties to experience the differences between two brands.

You might like to allocate more days for Sheraton HK so that you can complete your shopping agenda.

But LM HK is beautiful and you really should not give it a miss.

[email protected]
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by troyb
Based on your feedback I'll keep my reservation at the Sheraton. Thanks for setting me straight. I would definitely prefer to be closer to the action and certainly do not know my way around HK, so Sheraton it is.

Agreed with your choice. Stayed at both properties, liked both, but personally think that the Sheraton is better for shopping and sightseeing. As a plat, I was upgraded to suites 4 out of 4 stays. The last time though, I got a suite that had no view so I turned it down and asked for a harbor view room.

Have a great time in Hong Kong!
Old Jun 10, 2008, 6:02 pm

Thanks all for your feedback, its much appreciated.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 2:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold, TG ROP Gold, BD DC Blue+, Amex Plat
Pretty ordinary....

I am at the Le Meridien Cyberport right now and it's been an interesting experience.

I like the surrounding area and the room layout / interior design (Although I am only in a peasant room with "mountain/ocean view").

Across the road is a mall with a food court that closes pretty early. Next door there's a post office, supermarket and dry cleaner. Tip: The supermarket sells 6 x 1.5 litre bottles of Evian for 99 HKD and you will probably need it

The dry cleaner is about 40% cheaper than the hotel price, but they have a 4 day turnaround time so it's not really suitable for most business travellers who only stay for a half week.

I checked in late at night, and the staff on night shift are all inexperienced and look like they are members of some sort of rock band you might see on MTV China.

Now I understand that this particular hotel wants to appear to be "funky" but they shouldn't have people at the front desk who present in a way that looks unprofessioal. I am talking hair styles with zig zag patterns shaved in and stuff like that.

Day shift is a little bit better.

After check-in I noticed that the TV was inoperable. I called it in and someone came 20 minutes later and half got it to work. I still have to control the volume and turn the TV on and off at the actual TV, I cannot do it with the remote, but whatever...

The next day I discovered that my mini bar was warm. I called it in and within 10 minutes a maintenance person came and replaced the fridge. I guess these things can happen anywhere and I can't fault the way they handled this.

I ordered room service twice. First I ordered a pepperoni pizza with mozarella. What I actually received was a very oily mozarella pizza with a tiny bit of pepperoni. Each slice of pizza had exactly a half slice of pepperoni on it. One slice had no peperoni at all. Under the pizza I found a hair.

The next day I ordered a club sandwich which was pretty bad too because it was freezing cold inside but at least there was no hair that time.

The audio speaker in the bathroom never worked. I called it in but nothing happened.

Hotel laundry was handled professionaly, it always came back properly cleaned and pressed and on time.

The toiletries in the bathroom are no-name, and only shampoo, conditioner and shower gel as well as a cake of soap are provided. The latter only gets replaced every third day.

There is no body lotion, no comb, no mouthwash, no razor, no toothbrush.. You get the picture.

Turn-down service does not exist.

The shuttle is now on an hourly schedule and they charge 29 HKD one-way for one person, 45 HKD one way for a couple. Further discounts apply the larger the number of pax. In peak hour it took me 35 minutes to get to Central on the shuttle. Off-peak it's a 15 minute ride. The route takes you along the coast, so it's actually a very nice ride if you are new to HK.

A taxi to Central would cost ~ 75 HKD so like a previous poster suggested, if you are alone, the shuttle is a good proposition. If you're a family or a couple, a cab could be a better choice.

So far the only good things I can say about this place is that they handle the laundry really well and that the price is good in comparison to Central HK properties. Even if I were to use the shuttle for two return trips a day, it's still a lot more economical than the Sheraton.

I will submit feedback when I check out there next week.

I will give this place another go in a few weeks time. Maybe this stay was just jinxed.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Nice report. It's good you are willing to give it another try. It shows you're flexible. ^
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by best
In-room broadband pricing at this property is almost as high as what I paid in Park Hyatt Sydney which is bizarre because wholesale rates in Hong Kong are a fraction of what they are in Australia. They want 800 HKD for a week here.

My workaround was to get a prepaid CSL SIM card from 7-11, which set me back 188 HKD, then I could instantly sign that SIM Card up for a 5 day unlimited download HSDPA plan for 178 HKD!

You can do this over the phone, self-select, 24 x 7 in English and activation is near-instant (took 15 minutes). Only caveat is that you need to have a HSDPA ("3.5g") enabled WiFi router or modem for your laptop. It can't be "normal" 3G or CDMA. It's also not suitable for VOIP. I might post some instructions on this in the Travel Tech or perhaps the Destination: HK forum as it probably benefits anyone visiting HK, regardless which property they stay at.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:23 pm

The saga continues

Yesterday housekeeping did not provide the two 600ml bottles of no-name water.

This morning I ordered an American Breakfast, and indicated my choices wherever the menu said "Your choice of ...." or "such and such item OR ...".

I received a call back a minute later from the gentleman who took my order asking what bread I wanted. I made my pick and went back to work.

3 minutes later the same person called me back asking me if I would prefer ham or sausage with the egg I assumed it was both becauser the menu reads verbatim: "Choice of egg with hams, bacons and veal sausages".

I made my selection and went back to work.

2 minutes later a supervisor called me and confirmed my order. I confirmed it and went back to work.

Seconds later, the original person called me back to tell me that they had run out of my choice of cereal and if I would like to make an alternative choice. At this point I politely declined and asked to just cancel the order. I disconnected the call. Seconds later he rings me back to let me know that the order has been cancelled.

Here's the kicker: 10 minutes later, a lady is at my door to deliver the cancelled order and ask me to sign the cheque. I sent her packing and still kept my composure somehow.

There are no comment / feedback cards in my room. Does anyone have an in-house contact or a corporate Starwood contact whom I can have a little chat with ? I am still here for the rest of the weekend and I am due back for another week in 3 weeks time.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:03 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Mr Black
...There are no comment / feedback cards in my room. Does anyone have an in-house contact or a corporate Starwood contact whom I can have a little chat with ? I am still here for the rest of the weekend and I am due back for another week in 3 weeks time.
I would just ask the front desk to put you through to the executive office of the hotel, but if that proves unsuccessful, checking the customer contact phone numbers at spg.com, it looks like you can call the Singapore office toll-free in Hong Kong by dialing 2317-3300.

Regardless, my apologies for any problems you've encountered on this stay.

Best regards,

William
Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I would just ask the front desk to put you through to the executive office of the hotel, but if that proves unsuccessful, checking the customer contact phone numbers at spg.com, it looks like you can call the Singapore office toll-free in Hong Kong by dialing 2317-3300.

Regardless, my apologies for any problems you've encountered on this stay.

Best regards,

William
Front desk tell me that manager isn't available on the weekend, but I can get a feedback card (which they will probably throw in the bin after I check out judging by my experience so far). I have a very early red-eye checkout on Monday so won't be able to catch any 9-5 managers.

Phone +852-2317-3300 is regrettably only in Cantonese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.