Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
just don't expect to eat in the lounge Sunday evenings

weekends are always cheap at this hotel and 3 for 2 is always available.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promot...liationCode=MD

I stay over 100 nights a year at this property.
My observations can be condensed to;

It's an SPG property very convenient for KL international airport . prices have risen sharply over the past 2 years for weekdays.
Weekends are cheap and very popular with families who wish to use the pool and etc . Lounge food is ok most days but almost unbelievably hideous on Sundays.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:03 am

No upgrade to suite when checking in today. They claimed that the hotel is full when I checked in at 1pm.

Food at the club during evening is pretty good.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Review of 2e stay in Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Pictures: http://www.photoworks.com/photo-prin...W_WS&svr=web25

Recently we had a nice stay in Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. During my first stay, some time ago, I was not pleased with the service and room compared to the Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur.
This time we asked for a better room after checking in, since the first room was the same as we had the first time: small with a large bathroom.

The staff of the lounge where we checked in was very friendly and helpful in finding a better room. They showed us some rooms, but all the rooms were smallish. Except for the suites.

Finally we did find the room with a terrace, and it made a difference. We were happy with the view from the terrace.
Attitude of the personnel was much better then the last time. This time no arrogant self pleased attitude. But friendly and making us feel welcome. It does make a difference!

Breakfast in the lounge was superb, high quality of food and drinks. Friendly and helpful service. From the lounge you can have a nice view of the Lake Gardens.

We did not have dinner in the hotel, but did use the room service. Quality of food was ok. We did have to wait long before the roomservice arrived.

The swimming pools are beautiful, especially in the evening, with all the romantic lights!

Will we stay in the Le Meridien next time? Yep, since we were satisfied with the service and the location of the hotel, just on the steps of the station for the airport train.

Pictures: http://www.photoworks.com/photo-prin...W_WS&svr=web25

Last edited by claes059; Oct 29, 2008 at 5:43 am
Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:47 am

Programs: Starwood, AA
i will be arriving KUL at 10pm in the LCCT. What is the best way to get to LM? Is it worth taking the bus to the train or just take the taxi? I will be alone with little luggage. which way is the fastest at the time of the night?
thanks
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lerasp
i will be arriving KUL at 10pm in the LCCT. What is the best way to get to LM? Is it worth taking the bus to the train or just take the taxi? I will be alone with little luggage. which way is the fastest at the time of the night?
thanks
Suggest you take the taxi. It is rather affordable at about 60 MYR (if I recall correctly) and you will be driven straight to the hotel.
Taking the bus is another worthwhile option, straight to KL Sentral.

However dont take the bus to the KLIA ekspress, you will lose too much time and at 35MYR OW for the train it is not worth the bother. Save yourself time and effort, you will enjoy a shower earlier.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
There are buses leaving every 10 min or so directly to KL Sentral and they only cost 8 or 9 Myr. Once you arrive go up two levels (there is an escalator and elevator) walk across the station to the opposite side, cross the street and you are at the car park for the LM. enter the doors, take the elevator, follow the signs to the lobby and you are there!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:11 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by claes059
Finally we did find the room with a terrace, and it made a difference. We were happy with the view from the terrace.
Attitude of the personnel was much better then the last time. This time no arrogant self pleased attitude. But friendly and making us feel welcome. It does make a difference!
Did you get an upgrade to a Terrace Suite as a gold?

My recent stay Oct 08 I was pre-allocated at standard suite 24hrs prior, upon check-in I was informed no suites were available so they placed me into a premium room on the highest floor with bath adjacent to the window overlooking KL ... I went to the club lounge and told that I was pre-blocked a suite and the front desk wouldn't put me in one because "the hotel was fully booked out". That's the front desks word and to which I had serious doubts because this is a relatively large hotel and the foyer isn't hectic like a super full hotel would be like, such as like a Las Vegas hotel central strip hotel lobby ... anyway club manager punches a few buttons and a very nice suite magically is ready, willing and able to accept my stay.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:40 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
With light luggage, I'd just take the SkyBus to KL Sentral. A taxi is not any faster.

If you decide to take a taxi, insist on a "budget taxi", each and every time they have tried to automatically give me the "executive taxi" which is about 30 MYR more.

And I strongly recommend against a taxi straight from the hotel to the airport, that will be yet one category higher "premier taxi" and will cost about 150 MYR. Instead, go down to Sentral and take the Skybus/KLIA Ekspres/Coupon taxi.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've booked a night at le Meridien and received the standard confirmation email from the hotel. It offered me the option of upgrading to the Club level for about $40 more. Two weeks ago, I emailed the address given and made the request, but to date have heard nothing from the hotel. No change shows on my SPG log of current reservations either. Suppose I will just have to see what happens when I check in at the end of next week.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Originally Posted by LH747FTL
With light luggage, I'd just take the SkyBus to KL Sentral. A taxi is not any faster.

If you decide to take a taxi, insist on a "budget taxi", each and every time they have tried to automatically give me the "executive taxi" which is about 30 MYR more.

And I strongly recommend against a taxi straight from the hotel to the airport, that will be yet one category higher "premier taxi" and will cost about 150 MYR. Instead, go down to Sentral and take the Skybus/KLIA Ekspres/Coupon taxi.
There is also an express bus from KL Sentral to KLIA airport. Costs RM 10. At KL Sentral, take the escalator down, it's at the extreme right end. Takes about 45-60 minutes. Stops at the basement of KLIA aiport.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I've booked a night at le Meridien and received the standard confirmation email from the hotel. It offered me the option of upgrading to the Club level for about $40 more. Two weeks ago, I emailed the address given and made the request, but to date have heard nothing from the hotel. No change shows on my SPG log of current reservations either. Suppose I will just have to see what happens when I check in at the end of next week.
Which email address have you tried sending to?

Is it [email protected]?

[email protected]
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Which email address have you tried sending to?

Is it [email protected]?

[email protected]
The first one which is the address provided on the linked page from the original confirmation email.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
During my stay I didn't receive a suite upgrade and found the roonms to be rather dull and colorless. For people with Hilton status I would highly reccomend the Hilton next door- the club lounge has better food and the rooms are nicer and considerably more modern than at Meridien. I also found the staff to be less friendly than at the Hilton. I did like the candle/incense provided in the bathroom.

It's great to be so close to all the trains but unless you really want to be at Sentral the Westin is in a much nicer location.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:37 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The first one which is the address provided on the linked page from the original confirmation email.
Send me a PM with your reservation details and I will forward your confirmation email to you. That might help.

[email protected]
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:19 am

I hadn't had much luck with this hotel with suite upgrade too. In fact, none out of my 2 stays there. Hilton treats Gold better than SPG treats Platinum in this part of the town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.