Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
trying to choose between this hotel and the westin for another 2 nights (to take advantage of spg triple up promo)
If you are going for the promo, why not Sheraton Imperial?

But between Westin and LeM - Westin is always more expensive, and the LeM is almost all newly-renovated.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
If you are going for the promo, why not Sheraton Imperial?

But between Westin and LeM - Westin is always more expensive, and the LeM is almost all newly-renovated.
i thought it was too dated and not in good location.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
There's a Monorail Station nearby and closer to the City Center than Le Meridien and Aloft. Rooms are also spacious too. It's actually pretty decent.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Good location is relative in KL. Traffic is often horrible, so if you're staying for business, you want to have a hotel that's close to where you need to be. For tourism, most locations are fine, especially if you get around by monorail and walking. IMO, the Sheraton is dated, but by global comparison, it's probably in the top 20% of Sheratons when you factor in elite benefits.

For me, it's a clear choice -- the LM is one of the best values in the system. I usually BRG it for under MYR300, and it has an amazing club and outstanding breakfast buffet. Remodeled suites are very nice, although I have to add the caveat that they're not always easy to get (lots of Plats stay here), and the standard rooms are cramped.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Good location is relative in KL. Traffic is often horrible, so if you're staying for business, you want to have a hotel that's close to where you need to be. For tourism, most locations are fine, especially if you get around by monorail and walking. IMO, the Sheraton is dated, but by global comparison, it's probably in the top 20% of Sheratons when you factor in elite benefits.

For me, it's a clear choice -- the LM is one of the best values in the system. I usually BRG it for under MYR300, and it has an amazing club and outstanding breakfast buffet. Remodeled suites are very nice, although I have to add the caveat that they're not always easy to get (lots of Plats stay here), and the standard rooms are cramped.
+1

LM gets all of my business when I'm in KL. But that may change once they open the LM closer to the airport. My last couple of stays, seems after the reno, the service has dropped. Still outstanding service but seems they are missing the little things that made it my favorite city hotel in all of SE Asia.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:58 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
1. Whats their treatment of Golds like here?

2. If booking a standard room - is Club Access available for purchase, at a cheaper rate than booking a Club Floor room, as it is in some other hotels?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by NoY
1. Whats their treatment of Golds like here?

2. If booking a standard room - is Club Access available for purchase, at a cheaper rate than booking a Club Floor room, as it is in some other hotels?

Thanks!
As a Gold, the highest upgrade is probably to a Premier Room which is basically a corner room (slightly larger).

You can use Starpoints for Instant Award upgrade to a Club room (Club access) for 1500 points a night.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:08 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I can't comment on the kids, but it would've been nice for a few of them to be kicked out this past Friday night.
This hotel remains one of the best values in the SPG system for Plats, and the lounge and breakfast are outstanding, but poorly behaved kids are a huge problem here. When you have kids screaming and running amok, the hotel needs to ask parents to control them, or kick them out of the lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by jpdx
This hotel remains one of the best values in the SPG system for Plats, and the lounge and breakfast are outstanding, but poorly behaved kids are a huge problem here. When you have kids screaming and running amok, the hotel needs to ask parents to control them, or kick them out of the lounge.
Looking forward to our visit with our 5 year old in March. Don't worry...if she acts up, we walk out (with her).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:32 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck
As a Gold, the highest upgrade is probably to a Premier Room which is basically a corner room (slightly larger).

You can use Starpoints for Instant Award upgrade to a Club room (Club access) for 1500 points a night.
Thank you, good to know ^
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I hadn't stayed here in years so was very pleased to find myself in a nice newly renovated suite and see the new club. This is a big improvement!

One thing about the club breakfast though, there are no scrambled eggs at the buffet. Only hard-boiled or you can ask the chef to make whatever you want. That's very nice, but in a rush I had no time for that and just wanted to wolf down some scrambled eggs.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: SQ TPP
I had a nice stay here last week. I like the renovated rooms and its become a very nice hotel. I had forgotten how bad the traffic in KL was with all the new train lines being built though!
The GM is transferring at the hotel, but not sure of the new GM as yet.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Ha... give me choice of freshly prepared or hot table sitting for hours.... well I'd always take fresh, but I totally understand your time issue
Can't remember if they have them pre-prepared)downstairs (I don't think so but I always go for the Indian food so I could be wrong).

Originally Posted by stimpy
I hadn't stayed here in years so was very pleased to find myself in a nice newly renovated suite and see the new club. This is a big improvement!

One thing about the club breakfast though, there are no scrambled eggs at the buffet. Only hard-boiled or you can ask the chef to make whatever you want. That's very nice, but in a rush I had no time for that and just wanted to wolf down some scrambled eggs.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:30 am

Still nice hotel with very good price (BRG 299++ with breakfast), I had new suite and second new room for my family. Nice colors and materials, new SONY 55'' LCD TV but not too much channels.

Problem is lounge - it is very nice but they charge me for extra 3 persons from my second room (3x 100MYR 6pm dinner and morning breakfast) this is ok if we look at T&C, but they make night eating themes and this day which we was it was India day which we can't eat, finaly cost 300MYR for 2 beer and later at room we choose in-room dinning for another extra payment. They don't make extra one international dish, all food follow India theme.

Second we was 5min after 6pm and till 7pm I must hear crying one 5-7 years old kid at lounge, if they keep high level of this lounge this is not acceptable.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Clearly not a parent.

Either way they dont allow kids between 7-8 PM I think. They have a time for families, and a time for those without kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.