Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2

BTW I also book two rooms when I stay so my PLT benefits are extended to the 2nd.
I also had a two rooms booking but was restricted to PLT member + 1 guest to access the club lounge only.

I probably will go back to Aloft KL on my next stay despite not having a lounge, I can do with free mini bar and the service I would say is much warmer and genuine as compared to LMKL.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by kodansha999
I also had a two rooms booking but was restricted to PLT member + 1 guest to access the club lounge only.

I probably will go back to Aloft KL on my next stay despite not having a lounge, I can do with free mini bar and the service I would say is much warmer and genuine as compared to LMKL.
I really enjoy the LM as it has become one of my favorite city SPG hotels due to value for money (lounge and breakfast) that is why I'm concerned about the policy.

In my past three years of travels in SE Asia at SPG hotels I have never had issues with my PLT benefits extended to the 2nd room so my kids could have breakfast and lounge access. I know what the T&C's state but never had this as an in SE Asia with SPG.

If the hotel would state sorry you are only allowed PLT plus 1 guest then I could understand. But I don't understand the rational of why only allowing family with kids in the lounge for 1 hour.

You still get the disruption of kids for 1 hour, if that was indeed the issue. But should allow the lounge attendants to ask disrupted families to leave.

Limited the amount of food/drinks kids eat? No way?

Do the strippers and call girls enter the lounge after 7pm?

Just does not make sense
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by kodansha999
I just had a stay here over the weekend. A club room is basically a deluxe/premier room with lounge access.

I would suggest you to book the club room directly. As Gold benefits do not include club lounge access.

Here's the info from hotel:
• Fees apply to additional non-Club guests and outside visitors (SPG discount is not applicable).
Daily buffet breakfast at Club Lounge is chargeable at MYR70net per person
Evening cocktails and hors d’oeuvres is chargeable at MYR120net per person

I have friend who was SPG Gold got 'upgraded' to higher floor 'club room' during check in but still not entitled to any club benefits or access to lounge.
good info, thanks !

I have emailed the hotel directly to enquire on the same :

1. Room Category to book as SPG Gold for access to Club Lounge (expecting they're just going to say Club Rooms & Suite anyway)

2. Lounge Guest entitlement (if any) for SPG Gold in Club Room Category.

So far 2 (working!) days have passed and still no reply from the hotel.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I am thinking of booking this for a few nights in April. Can anyone tell me if 300MYR a good rate for this room. I have been trying to find a lower rate so I can use the BRG but so far haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by tfong007
I am thinking of booking this for a few nights in April. Can anyone tell me if 300MYR a good rate for this room. I have been trying to find a lower rate so I can use the BRG but so far haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks.
You are not likely to find it at a lower rate, it is usually 110+ but I think rate has dropped due to construction.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
So is the play to breakfast in the lounge?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by tfong007
MYR300 is the standard rate, and the hotel is normally fairly hard to BRG. There are a number of options these days (largely due to the drop of the MYR); I've had several approved BRG claims here in the past half year. Check European consolidators.

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
You can take breakfast in the club lounge or buffet restaurant. It's one of the best Platinum values in the system.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:06 pm

no way, take it in the restaurant! It has the best spread (Westin KL also has good spread) in all of my SPG stays in SE Asia. If only it offered pork bacon then it would be perfect!!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:57 pm

OK I just got kicked out of the lounge because I have sandals on. Mind you my sandals are not beach sandals but nice leather sandals.

First I'm kicked-out after only 1 hour because I have kids and now sandals.

Love the new lounge but not the rules. I can understand a dress code but this is S.E. Asia, the only time I don't wear sandals in SE Asia is at the office!

Is Mr. Thompson trying to re-brand the LM or lounge as high class? The LM is not a up scale hotel and especially when the StR opens in a few months. Seems to be stuck in an identity crises.

This is my favorite city hotels in S.E. Asia due to value of money but these changes are making me think to look else where. If I can't use the lounge then might as well get a cheaper rate and stay at the Aloft. I'm interested to see what rates the StR will be as that may be another option.

The LM cyberjaya could be another option when it opens and will be closer to the airport.

Rant over.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
OK I just got kicked out of the lounge because I have sandals on. Mind you my sandals are not beach sandals but nice leather sandals.

Love the new lounge but not the rules. I can understand a dress code but this is S.E. Asia, the only time I don't wear sandals in SE Asia is at the office!
I can't comment on the kids, but it would've been nice for a few of them to be kicked out this past Friday night.

The sandals rule was clearly explained at check in. There was a large sign at the lounge attendant desk. They had to have a back strap, fully enclosing your foot.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:08 pm

Details of Lounge Slipper rules, and cessation of MAGC.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:41 am

I can't comment on the kids, but it would've been nice for a few of them to be kicked out this past Friday night.

The sandals rule was clearly explained at check in. There was a large sign at the lounge attendant desk. They had to have a back strap, fully enclosing your foot.
If kids are our of control then kids should be asked to leave, I agree with this but don't understand why after a specific time?

Same rule applies to the steak restaurant at the LM KL but I have had dinner there several times in the same sandals and shorts with no problem. I would expect the steak restaurant would uphold a dress code policy more than the lounge club.

Even been to several clubs in KL and usually they will lend you shoes if you are in sandals.

I did see the policy but I don't understand why the policy has changed. No other SPG hotel in SE has any policy close to this that I have stayed at.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG

Is Mr. Thompson trying to re-brand the LM or lounge as high class? The LM is not a up scale hotel and especially when the StR opens in a few months. Seems to be stuck in an identity crises.

This is my favorite city hotels in S.E. Asia due to value of money but these changes are making me think to look else where. If I can't use the lounge then might as well get a cheaper rate and stay at the Aloft. I'm interested to see what rates the StR will be as that may be another option.

The LM cyberjaya could be another option when it opens and will be closer to the airport.

Rant over.
so sorry to hear that you get kicked out of the lounge because of wearing sandals, see here's my issue, I kinda hurt my right foot so I have to wear my sandals. While I'm having a stay next weekend, so does that also imply I cannot go into the lounge?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
any recent stay report here as spg platinum?

planning my 2nd kula lumpur trip in late july just to ultilize a free night award (from design hotel promo) at st.regis. (i stayed at grand hyatt in my 1st kl trip and was very impressed.)

trying to choose between this hotel and the westin for another 2 nights (to take advantage of spg triple up promo).

thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
any recent stay report here as spg platinum?

planning my 2nd kula lumpur trip in late july just to ultilize a free night award (from design hotel promo) at st.regis. (i stayed at grand hyatt in my 1st kl trip and was very impressed.)

trying to choose between this hotel and the westin for another 2 nights (to take advantage of spg triple up promo).

thanks in advance.
Just checked out today after a one night stay. I was very impressed from the Club Lounge, food offer was great (chinese food) and is changing every? day. Seems like they get 2 chefs of the different restaurants every evening. Tonight would be italien food.
I checked in in the lobby and had to a bit pushy for upgrade. No suite available in the app, but the high floor le meridien clubrooms. Beside that she wanted to give me the booked classic room, after requesting a free club room it was changed to 11th floor... after asking if a high floor is available it was changed again to 34th floor. Anyway she was friendly all the time. Room was renovated and I found it quite nice. Bed was very comfortable.
My last trips I only stayed at the Intercontinental and Grand Hyatt, but after this very impressive stay (ClubLounge&Room) and the very competetive prices of the Le Meridien as Platinum, I hadly can imagine to stay somewhere else next time. Took Ubers serveral times to get around and it was dirty cheap. Hope this helps, I cannot comment on the Westin.

BR FC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.