Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'm heading to the Sheraton Krakow in a month, arriving by train from Warsaw. How do you get from the central train station to the hotel, tram? taxi?
If you're traveling light, you could even take a stroll through the old town, just 2km distance.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:05 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
You can take a tram but if you have plenty of luggage I would take a taxi. If your up for it, a walk would be the best way as you can just walk through the old town (like Lack mentioned)
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jason8612
You can take a tram but if you have plenty of luggage I would take a taxi. If your up for it, a walk would be the best way as you can just walk through the old town (like Lack mentioned)
I've just got a carry one wheelie bag and a laptop bag. Might be up for the walk after the long flight(s) from LAX.

Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Just back from a 3 night stay here and thought I would follow-up.

Booked a classic room on the cheap Beat The Timer rate, that was about 50% lower than the best rate at the time of booking last month. On arrival we told that we had been upgraded to a Club Room, but it wasn't available. We were told it would be around 40 minutes and was offered a seat near the bar. I suggested a key to the Club Lounge might be easier, which was provided and we waited up there instead.

Checked an hour later and the room wasn't quite ready, but it was a couple of minutes later exactly on the dot of standard check in time. Efficient
We were told about the club lounge and offered full breakfast in the restaurant. Due to the full breakfast, the platinum amenity was a choice between 500 points or a local gift. The local gift is a bottle of vodka if anyone is interested.

The room was reasonable enough and was a typical Sheraton brand standard. A small seating area, work desk, king bed etc, with a view over the river and the edge of the castle. Comfortable enough and perfectly good for our 3 night stay.

The bathroom was also a decent size, with the shower in the bath tub. Next to the sink was a small Sheraton Krakow rubber Dragon. The Dragon is a famous symbol at the nearby castle and was a nice touch. I assumed it was for guests to take away, so it has now joined my collection of rubber ducks from other hotels

The lounge was never really busy during our stay, so it was pleasant place to hang out. It can seat about 30 people and has wine and beer available throughout the day, as well as some soft drinks and tea / coffee. Not sure about the breakfast service, but the rest of the day has a few small snacks and fruit. There is also an expanded selection of food in the evening with a couple of hot items, some additional cold selections and some desserts. Not too bad at all.

Breakfast in the restaurant was a relatively varied buffet selection with a mixture of hot and cold items. What was noticeable was that despite a very young staff, they were very attentive and kept everything moving. Plates were cleaned away swiftly, tea / coffee arrived shortly after ordering and items were constantly topped up and replenished. One of the best run restaurant operations in the Starwood family.

The location of the hotel was great for us, with it being close to the castle, as well as it being easy to head to the old town and the main tourist areas.

It is also worth mentioning that they participate in the Starwood 'Make a Green Choice' program. That was a nice 1,000 bonus points for declining housekeeping during our stay too.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. The hotel isn't the most luxurious by any stretch, but they make you welcome and look after you during your stay.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by RAPC
Just back from a 3 night stay here and thought I would follow-up.

Booked a classic room on the cheap Beat The Timer rate, that was about 50% lower than the best rate at the time of booking last month. On arrival we told that we had been upgraded to a Club Room, but it wasn't available. We were told it would be around 40 minutes and was offered a seat near the bar. I suggested a key to the Club Lounge might be easier, which was provided and we waited up there instead.

Checked an hour later and the room wasn't quite ready, but it was a couple of minutes later exactly on the dot of standard check in time. Efficient
We were told about the club lounge and offered full breakfast in the restaurant. Due to the full breakfast, the platinum amenity was a choice between 500 points or a local gift. The local gift is a bottle of vodka if anyone is interested.

The room was reasonable enough and was a typical Sheraton brand standard. A small seating area, work desk, king bed etc, with a view over the river and the edge of the castle. Comfortable enough and perfectly good for our 3 night stay.

The bathroom was also a decent size, with the shower in the bath tub. Next to the sink was a small Sheraton Krakow rubber Dragon. The Dragon is a famous symbol at the nearby castle and was a nice touch. I assumed it was for guests to take away, so it has now joined my collection of rubber ducks from other hotels

The lounge was never really busy during our stay, so it was pleasant place to hang out. It can seat about 30 people and has wine and beer available throughout the day, as well as some soft drinks and tea / coffee. Not sure about the breakfast service, but the rest of the day has a few small snacks and fruit. There is also an expanded selection of food in the evening with a couple of hot items, some additional cold selections and some desserts. Not too bad at all.

Breakfast in the restaurant was a relatively varied buffet selection with a mixture of hot and cold items. What was noticeable was that despite a very young staff, they were very attentive and kept everything moving. Plates were cleaned away swiftly, tea / coffee arrived shortly after ordering and items were constantly topped up and replenished. One of the best run restaurant operations in the Starwood family.

The location of the hotel was great for us, with it being close to the castle, as well as it being easy to head to the old town and the main tourist areas.

It is also worth mentioning that they participate in the Starwood 'Make a Green Choice' program. That was a nice 1,000 bonus points for declining housekeeping during our stay too.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. The hotel isn't the most luxurious by any stretch, but they make you welcome and look after you during your stay.
I agree with your review - although I found the lounge full all the time and had nowhere to sit. But it's a good hotel and you'll be happy if you stay here. I do wish they would open up Platinum drinks in the beautiful rooftop lounge.

btw, my room didn't come with a rubber dragon. Looks like the guest before me took it
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Stayed here for a couple of nights over the weekend. Loved the hotel and its location. The rooftop bar is absolutely spectacular and definitely worth a visit.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Has anyone stayed here recently? How is the lounge? Any other updates / changes?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:59 am

We stayed there last week for our third visit. Whenever I first see the hotel I think it is going to be very ordinary. And we always walk out loving it. First of all, I don't think a better location exists for tourism. It has a quiet location yet is walkable to most city highlights. The rooms are comfortable if not luxurious, but felt full of amenities (this was club level). The staff is very pleasant and efficient. We had to track down and retrieve a piece of KLM lost luggage and they were very effective at staying on top of this.

We got a great upgrade to a suite (don't know if it was SPG or Virtuoso). We only went I to the lounge a few times-a nice place to pick up a drink or snack. Never saw another person in the lounge, perhaps because we didn't go for breakfast or the snack hour. Perhaps it is busier during the week if there are conferences or more business people in place.

This is an example of not judging a book by its cover....
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:33 pm

I was looking to stay here the last weekend of May 27th 2016 but everything is sold out, at least the Friday. Anyone know why it would be sold out so far out?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:15 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by kannon99
I was looking to stay here the last weekend of May 27th 2016 but everything is sold out, at least the Friday. Anyone know why it would be sold out so far out?
Usually may is communion time for the kids (Sundays) and end of may and June is graduation time for the Universities (Fri and Sat). it's also the start of the wedding season.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:38 am

Agree with jason8612 on the communion thing, but the hotel is only fully booked for the Thursday (26th) and Friday (27th) night. It is available starting Saturday (28th) night.

I actually think this is to do with a conference held at the Sheraton during those dates and the hotel blocked rooms so the participants can book it. As most likely not all of them will sell, they'll get released back into inventory at a later date.

You can always e-mail them and ask.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelJapan
Agree with jason8612 on the communion thing, but the hotel is only fully booked for the Thursday (26th) and Friday (27th) night. It is available starting Saturday (28th) night.

I actually think this is to do with a conference held at the Sheraton during those dates and the hotel blocked rooms so the participants can book it. As most likely not all of them will sell, they'll get released back into inventory at a later date.

You can always e-mail them and ask.
Thanks, this seems to be the case. Rooms are bookable again for the 28th.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:40 am

Hotel has joined Grand tier

Can someone rename the thread?
The hotel is now the Sheraton Grand Krakow:

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article89256.html
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My wife and I just had an Award/SNA two night stay.

Arrival & checkin were fast and efficient. The English-speaking staff were very friendly. Based on previous recommendations I opted for the Platinum welcome amenity, and 20 minutes later a chilled bottle of bitter orange vodka and two shot glasses were delivered to our suite on a silver tray.

The Grand Executive Suite (room 201) is huge - 77 sqm / 828 sqft. As it is on the corner it has views of both the castle and the river. The 7ft-tall castle-facing window has a Juliet balcony and opens wide to make the views even better. Each of the rooms has its own large curved TV and bathroom - a feature my wife loved (she now wants an additional bathroom in our bedroom at home). The toiletries were all Molton Brown instead of the usual Shertaton branded. Everything else in the suite was as you would expect at a property like this. Wifi was very fast.

As we arrived at 9:30pm I felt it was easer to eat at the hotel so we went to the bar and had good, reasonably priced food. I didn't check out the sports bar but it looked good from the outside. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good - one of the most extensive buffets I have seen.

Location-wise this hotel is excellent. Well placed for river walks and exploring the castle and old city. It's a long way from the central railway station so we opted to take a taxi from the airport (just 85 zl / UK18 / US$22)

We didn't use the Club lounge for food, but it had a good selection of soft drinks and wine/beer. It's an odd location - a mezzanine in the atrium with strange sail-like sheets floating above it - but it is comfortable.

This is definitely I hotel I would recommend.

EDIT: And yes, I had a squeaky dragon in my bathroom!

Last edited by navelfluff; Sep 25, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
I just completed a 2 night stay. It was a great stay overall. I'm platinum and was upgraded to a nice suite (room 101) near the club lounge. The room had a nice big sitting area with tv and a bed off to the side. There was no door though between the sitting area and bed.

The club lounge was nice and had 2 hot dishes at night (shrimp, meat, etc.).

In the morning I had breakfast in the restaurant and the buffet was a great spread. They also have an omelet bar. This was included as my spg amenity.

The location is nice since it's near the castle. It's not totally close but not too bad of a walk.

I walked from the train station and it wasn't too bad since I didn't have a lot of bags. If I had some big luggage I would probably take a taxi/uber. It is pretty cheap in Poland.

I did not have a squeaky dragon in my bathroom. I looked for it...but it wasn't there. I didn't feel like asking...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.