Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2001, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

We're interested in getting info on the Paris Marriott Champs Elysses...room size, amenities, decor, service, location, noise. Also would like same info on the Paris Renassance. If anyone has stayed at either, we'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Callie
Old Aug 6, 2001, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The Renaissance Paris in in La Defense, the zone of skyscrapers west of Paris. It's convenient for those with business in that part of town, and on both Metro and RER lines. I have found it comfortable, well maintained and with gracious service, although guest rooms are not particularly large. Because of location, if you're playing tourist (Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, Notre Dame, St. Germain) and have the $$$ or points to burn, the Renaissance ought not be your first choice.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 5:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Marriot on the Champs is an extremely nice facility. Location is excellent and amenities are extensive. Have stayed there on a number of occaisions using points and have found the staff very accomodating. True businesspersons hotel but if using points it is an excellent venue.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 10:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 3Cforme:
The Renaissance Paris in in La Defense, the zone of skyscrapers west of Paris. It's convenient for those with business in that part of town, and on both Metro and RER lines. I have found it comfortable, well maintained and with gracious service, although guest rooms are not particularly large. Because of location, if you're playing tourist (Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, Notre Dame, St. Germain) and have the $$$ or points to burn, the Renaissance ought not be your first choice.</font>
We stayed at Renaissance La Defense last summer on vacation. Needed 2 rooms because of traveling with our teenagers. Wanted to stay for Marriott points rather than dollars. Closer in Marriotts were booked. Renaissance was lovely. Service and accomodations were fine.

I was very worried that its location would detract from our trip. It is only 2-3 metro stops out. That translates to about an extra 5 minutes. No problem for us. It was not inconvenient and I would stay there again. Huge modern supermarket just a few steps away. Metro stop very convenient.

Old Aug 8, 2001, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I have stayed at the Renaissance several times and will stay there again next June on a family vacation. I agree with paradocs' observations. Be careful about room capacities: I will need three rooms (!) for my family of six.

The Marriott is much more expensive, almost impossible to book using points and just not good enough to justify the added aggravation.

Bruce
Old Aug 8, 2001, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you can find a good rate at the Marriott (yes it's rare, but possible), this is a much better place to be. You can walk to hundreds of tourist venues and the staff is very good. The concierges are among the best of any Marriott I've been to.

While the street is quite busy and active late at night, the rooms are soundproof and I can't recall ever hearing outside noises with the windows closed.
Old Aug 8, 2001, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
What's a good rate and when might it be available? (I'll be in Paris for a few days starting June 22, 2002.)

Bruce
Old Aug 8, 2001, 4:56 pm

I just grabbed it for Christmas week 12/23- 12/30...2001....7 FREE nights on the 713 award!! Yippeeee&gt;&gt; 2nd time for me there both FREE and relatively EASY to confirm.
Old Aug 10, 2001, 6:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Have stayed at this facility on a number of occaisions. Availability is good using points if you reserve far enough in advance. Indeed I was able to reserve a week next May using points but unfortunately I have to turn the week back due to a change of plans.
Old Aug 12, 2001, 6:51 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Check out the Marriott Courtyard Paris-Nueilly, it is in an excellent location and the price is half of the full service Marriott.
Courtyard Paris-Neuilly
58 Blvd. Victor Hugo
Neuilly 92200
France
Phone: 33-1-55636465
Fax: 33-1-55636466
Old Aug 12, 2001, 7:35 pm

After much work, we were able to get into the Marriott Paris Champs Elysses for January 2002 using the old 10 day 714 award. We walked through each day for a year out, using Marriott reservations web site and this was the only opening. We will keep trying for an early spring date.

BTW, How is Paris in January?
Old Aug 13, 2001, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paris's weather is quite similar to New York's. It's cold in January, but it will seem balmy to anyone from Maine!

Bruce
Old Aug 13, 2001, 10:15 am

I've visited Paris for the past three years in early/late February, and if the weather in February is anything like it is in January, you might want to reconsider your dates. The wind and cold weather are bone chilling and teeth rattling, the green is gone from the gardens and it rains very frequently.

There are still many visitors, however, I never noticed priced reductions, such as in hotels, due to the time of year. I've returned in June, only to find that summer was the perfect time of year to fully appreciate the city.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I would suggest making a backup reservation for the Renaissance for a bit later into the spring when the weather is better (late March-early April). That way you can make a decision as to the season you want to travel in closer to your actual travel.

I was able to get a stay at the Renaissance about 4 months out. The Marriott was not available initially, but did open up about a month before our trip this past May. I think bookings were soft and they made more rooms available for award stays at the last moment.

BTW, although the service and location is great, the rooms are smaller than average and there is no high-speed internet access available (strange for a 2 year old property). Avoid the garret rooms off the 1st floor lobby. They are tiny.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 1:44 pm

Free breakfast at Champs D'Elyses for gold?

I was just able to snag a 7 night reservation for the Paris Marriott in late June/early July and will be using a 7-night certificate. It seems I've read posts on this board where Gold level members were not awarded the free breakfast at this hotel. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know there is no conceriege lounge but since it is not a resort, shouldn't we be entitled to the free breakfast in the restaurant since we are Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.