Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:49 am
Suspended

Sheraton Hacienda Los Cabos

How is this place?
its WAY cheaper than the Westin (is it that bad??)
any tips on this place, thinking of booking a buy 2, get 1 free promo

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 30, 2010 at 3:18 pm Reason: merged into hotel master thread
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Twenty-seven minutes have lapsed. Cheap Elite must be in the air, without wifi.

'Cabo' is an excellent search term. Use of it in search will yield many useful threads, including a comparison between the Westin and Sheraton.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:55 am
Suspended

Sheraton Hacienda Menus?

any clue how i cna get ahold of the menus from the restaurants at the sheraton hacienda los cabos?
trying to figure out how much breakfast for 2 (room service for 1!! is my trick) and lunch at the cafe and dinner at the buffet for 2 would cost

emailed [email protected]

but dont know if they will reply
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: A few
Send me a PM, I actually have most of the menus from our trip in September 2008. Might be a little out-dated...OR...

You may also want to try the Concierge at [email protected], I had frequent replies from them back when we went and that was how I received copies of the menus.

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
any clue how i cna get ahold of the menus from the restaurants at the sheraton hacienda los cabos?
trying to figure out how much breakfast for 2 (room service for 1!! is my trick) and lunch at the cafe and dinner at the buffet for 2 would cost

emailed [email protected]

but dont know if they will reply
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Nothing but problems

I just stayed at this propoery and would never return there. Food is too expensive but worse is that they make too many mistakes added to the fact that their bill is impossible to understand. You will be ripped off and if you try to fight it, be prepared to have evidence. Save every receipt even if you eat outside the hotel as you may need to prove that you ate outside the hotel to fight it.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Platinum, SM, OP, HHonors Gold, SPG Ambassador
Originally Posted by badm96
I just stayed at this propoery and would never return there. Food is too expensive but worse is that they make too many mistakes added to the fact that their bill is impossible to understand. You will be ripped off and if you try to fight it, be prepared to have evidence. Save every receipt even if you eat outside the hotel as you may need to prove that you ate outside the hotel to fight it.
Are u serious?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:00 am

We didn't experience any of those issues (had one room on a points stay, upgraded to a huge ocean-front, and another cash) and we actually thought the food and restaurants, expect for one place (which treated us very poorly, I will admit), were pretty good. You could always go to the Walmart down the road and stock up on your own stuff.

But our stay was in September 2008, a LOT can change.

Cheers,

Adrian

Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:59 pm

I was there in July 2010 and had a great stay.
There was a minor issue with the billing, but it has to do with the $200 Food/Drink promo credit, applying towards the last meal on the day we check out. Everything was sorted out eventually, but I had to explain to them the breakdown and details.

My advise is to always check the bill, especially when it involves food/drink credit, I also had billing issues in Westin Los Cabos on the same trip.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:34 am

Transportation/Time Share

I am staying at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Mar 22-27 for a babymoon. I booked online with hotwire for 109$ a night and for that price I have been a little skeptical, but still impressed with some of the reviews. However I have a few questions.

1) I tried to book round trip transportation from airport - sheraton and back through cabotours.net and for the round trip option, sheraton is a choice but in parenthesis it says (NOT HACIENDA DEL MAR) Has anyone stayed here and been able to get round trip transportion booked before the trip?? I thought that was the only Sheraton property?

2) Also, has anyone gone through the time share presentation, I have read a few places where they will give you ample food/spa credits? Considering we will be spending most of the time by the pool/ in the spa/ eating, i figured it might be worth it. If anyone HAS done this....Do they tell you how much credit they will give you ahead of time, is it rude to ask about the credits when you are approached, and is it worth the time of the presentation?

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Benet
I am staying at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Mar 22-27 for a babymoon. I booked online with hotwire for 109$ a night and for that price I have been a little skeptical, but still impressed with some of the reviews. However I have a few questions.

1) I tried to book round trip transportation from airport - sheraton and back through cabotours.net and for the round trip option, sheraton is a choice but in parenthesis it says (NOT HACIENDA DEL MAR) Has anyone stayed here and been able to get round trip transportion booked before the trip?? I thought that was the only Sheraton property?

2) Also, has anyone gone through the time share presentation, I have read a few places where they will give you ample food/spa credits? Considering we will be spending most of the time by the pool/ in the spa/ eating, i figured it might be worth it. If anyone HAS done this....Do they tell you how much credit they will give you ahead of time, is it rude to ask about the credits when you are approached, and is it worth the time of the presentation?

Thanks.
2. I went through the time share presentation, and it was worth it for me. I received 2 food credits, a bottle of tequila, water taxi ride and discount tickets to local attraction/activities (everyone gets this). The discounts I received from activities alone was worth it. When I checked in, that's when I got approached to schedule a "tour" around the resort. The man/woman will sit down with you to ask what time will work best, age, income, etc..to qualify you. Then they'll throw offers, which you can accept or bargain. Depending on how bad they want you to attend, you'll be able to negotiate to credits/items you would like to receive.

Keep in mind your other half will need to be willing to participate as well, so let the incentives ruin your vacation if he/she is really against the idea.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:18 pm

Need Advice

My wife is taking me either to the Sheraton or Westin for a week in July for my 40th......I think we will stay at the Sheraton as it is about $500 bucks cheaper for the week.. BUT I need some help on the following as we have never been to Cabo before.

1. We are going All-Inclusive. Has anybody done that here - by the sounds of it, it might be worth it since everyone says the food and drinks are very expensive. Is this AI buffet style or off the menu ; Is it all kinds of drinks - wine and bottled beer or draft ? Is room service included ; what are the hours of the AI.

2. We want to golf possibly three rounds. How easy is it to get around and how far are most of the courses. If the only way to get around is by taxi - how much is a guy looking at. I really am not crazy about spending $100.00 or something on cabs just too play golf.

3. Other travel experiences have shown that some of the golf courses offer transportation to / fro the hotel.....also some courses offer complimentary beverages etc on the cart . Any courses in Cabo offer any of the above.

4. And of course any other tidbits would be helpful.

Muchly appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
we actually thought the food and restaurants, expect for one place (which treated us very poorly, I will admit)
Any particular reason why you wouldn't name the restaurant that treated you poorly (unless I missed it)? Isn't that the point of Flyertalk?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:25 am

I did mention it...in my original trip report a few years ago...in this very thread...

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Any particular reason why you wouldn't name the restaurant that treated you poorly (unless I missed it)? Isn't that the point of Flyertalk?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
I did mention it...in my original trip report a few years ago...in this very thread...

Cheers,

Adrian
And, that is precisely why I said "unless I missed it."

Did you mention the name in post #52?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
And, that is precisely why I said "unless I missed it."

Did you mention the name in post #52?
I stayed there in Dec and also at the Hilton. Here are my thoughts:
I like the location not too far but not too close to San Lucas
Food was definately overpriced and not very good
main pool was not very well heated
Service was very good and attentive
Hated the $25 charge for keeping any personal food or beverage items in the hotel fridge
Rooms were a little worn out
Hotel surroundings very well kept
Beach was pretty good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.