Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Some questions:
1. Jr. suites - do they have pull out sofa beds (taking a 3 year old child w/ us).
2. Is there booze in the club in the evening, or is just open for breakfast?
3. Anyone else have experience with how they offer breakfast if you're not on a club floor? Sounds like some people get full breakfast if they're not on the club floor, others get it upon request at checkin, and others get shot down completely.
4. Anyone have any idea how they charge for kids at the full breakfast buffet? Some hotels don't, some do half price, some are full price...anyone have experience here?
5. What room types are available for SNA application?

Last edited by dingo; Mar 23, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:53 pm

getting to the LM from Heathrow

what do most of you do to get to the LM when coming in from Heathrow ??

tia
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ezron
what do most of you do to get to the LM when coming in from Heathrow ??

tia
Piccadilly Line. Cheap and easier than doing the HEX + a transfer.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Piccadilly Line. Cheap and easier than doing the HEX + a transfer.
+1. The HEX/Heathrow Express takes you to Paddington, where you'd then have to transfer to the tube (Bakerloo line, to Picadilly Circus) or grab a cab/taxi, altogether taking as much time as the MUCH cheaper Picadilly Line option from Heathrow.

Once at the LM, you're within walking distance (if not, a short bus/tube ride) to most of the "tourist" places, thus it's not a bad "base" at all.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dingo
Some questions:
1. Jr. suites - do they have pull out sofa beds (taking a 3 year old child w/ us).
2. Is there booze in the club in the evening, or is just open for breakfast?
3. Anyone else have experience with how they offer breakfast if you're not on a club floor? Sounds like some people get full breakfast if they're not on the club floor, others get it upon request at checkin, and others get shot down completely.
4. Anyone have any idea how they charge for kids at the full breakfast buffet? Some hotels don't, some do half price, some are full price...anyone have experience here?
5. What room types are available for SNA application?
Answers:

1. IME, all junior suites that I've been in have the sofa bed.
2. Yes, in the evening the club lounge has an array of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, as well as cocktails, beer and wine. For the cocktails, they have self-serve bottles of liquors of halfway-decent quality (e.g., Beefeater gin) along with a mini-fridge stocked with mixers (sodas, tonic, club soda, and my favorite, Schweppes Bitter Lemon). They usually have 2-3 red wines and a couple of white wines out. For beer, the mini fridge is stocks with Carlsberg, Heineken, and one other (which I can't remember for some reason).
3. First, note the the LMP does not have a "club floor" per se. The club rooms are just arbitrarily designated rooms on any floor (perhaps rooms that are a little larger or in a better location that standard or deluxe rooms, although that is not always the case). Concerning the second part of your question, I can't help there, as I've never asked about breakfast in the Terrace restaurant. For me, I never have time for a sit-down breakfast and don't really care for heavy breakfasts (e.g., full English). For me, the yogurt, fruit, croissants, and cereals offered in the club lounge suit me just fine.
4. Nope, see #3.
5. IME, Junior Suites and Executive Suites.

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skye1
+1. The HEX/Heathrow Express takes you to Paddington, where you'd then have to transfer to the tube (Bakerloo line, to Picadilly Circus) or grab a cab/taxi, altogether taking as much time as the MUCH cheaper Picadilly Line option from Heathrow.

Once at the LM, you're within walking distance (if not, a short bus/tube ride) to most of the "tourist" places, thus it's not a bad "base" at all.
+1 as well. The Piccadilly line from Heathrow 123 to Piccadilly Circus is easy and super-cheap. From the PC tube station, it's about a one-minute walk to the LMP.

One warning, however, is that the Piccadilly Circus tube station is not completely stop-free. Meaning that if you have heavy luggage, you will need to carry them up a short flight or two of stairs before you get to the escalators, then another short flight of stairs to exit the station. There are no lifts (elevators) at that station.

If you want to avoid stairs, you can always get off one stop earlier at Green Park. That station is step-free with lifts, and a ramp out of the station exit that heads south to Green Park itself. From there, it's about a 6-7 minute walk down Piccadilly to the LM.

Taxis are easy (although not any faster), but very pricey. Usually about 70-80 GBP between LHR and the LMP.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thank you much eeebee!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Originally Posted by dingo
Thank you much eeebee!
Agree....always use Picadilly line, for Sheraton Park Tower, "W" amd LM......do get off at Green Park for LM, very short and less congested walk!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by steppie
Agree....always use Picadilly line, for Sheraton Park Tower, "W" amd LM......do get off at Green Park for LM, very short and less congested walk!
And the Park Lane is very near the Green Park tube stop, and the St. Regis Lanesborough is right by the Hyde Park Corner stop as well... Funny, I've never really thought about it before, but all five of the Central London Starwoods are all very near tube stops on the Piccadilly line!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:43 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Piccadilly Line is fine with a backpack but a PITA with suitcases. It's crowded and involves a lot of stairs.

I tend to take Heathrow Express to Paddington, followed by a taxi.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DCF
Piccadilly Line is fine with a backpack but a PITA with suitcases. It's crowded and involves a lot of stairs.

I tend to take Heathrow Express to Paddington, followed by a taxi.
Taking a taxi all the way can be a similar price given the outrageous cost of the HEX, for 2 or more people a taxi (especially a pre-booked car rather than black cab) is a no brainer. The tube is fine if you have hand luggage only.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom, 2009 on [Master Thread]

My first stay here which will also be my last. I had a res at aloft and was called up by Starwood London whether I was willing to go to the LM as the Aloft was oversold. I agreed despite a GBP 95 higher rate and was promised a nice stay. Stay showed as preupgraded to Club, however upon arrival I was given a classic room which looks inside the restaurant. It's claustrophobic and utterly horrible. Not even my reservation for a queen bed was honored and room has single beds. This is an SPG lowpoint for me.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by banzani
My first stay here which will also be my last. I had a res at aloft and was called up by Starwood London whether I was willing to go to the LM as the Aloft was oversold. I agreed despite a GBP 95 higher rate and was promised a nice stay. Stay showed as preupgraded to Club, however upon arrival I was given a classic room which looks inside the restaurant. It's claustrophobic and utterly horrible. Not even my reservation for a queen bed was honored and room has single beds. This is an SPG lowpoint for me.
Did you complain? I had the same thing last december and got the room at the far end, which also looked into the pantry of the restaurant downstairs. After complaining I got an upgraded room on the other side of the hotel, at Regent Street. Much better room, but in overall still a bit mwa for LM standers
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:07 am

Yes I did insist at the front desk but no avail. Only when I said I would rather leave and stay elsewhere the guest services manager took charge and finally found me a newly renovated room, albeit looking inside to some tiny service courtyard. The entire saga took hours and destroyed my afternoon. I'm now 3 calls into enquiring about the complimentary pressing of 2 pieces for club guests. It is listed on the website, as a room benefit, and was presented to me as a benefit when checking in. However now people on the phone insist it does not exist. Never mind, never again.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:32 pm

To conclude, the hotel followed up post check out and it seemed they had realized that things didn't go too well. They proactively offered 6k points (I hadn't asked for anything) which are a good gesture IMO and appreciated. So perhaps worth giving them another chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.