Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by clublounger
Here now.

Yes, complimentary drinks from 5:30-7:30pm, alongside light appetizers. Nice spread imho. Beer is limited to bottles of Heineken. Wines and other liquors are available.

Afternoon tea, with finger sandwiches, scones, clotted cream and cookies from 2:30-5:00

Breakfast is from 6:30-10:30. Continental - breads, sliced ham, sliced salmon, wrapped cheeses (babybelle and a few other soft cheeses), muffins, yoghurt, boxed cereals, selection of nuts and seeds, cut and whole fruits.

To my knowledge, free breakfast in the restaurant is not an option for Plats.
Great! Returning there at the weekend. Nice to know that standards haven't slipped.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Here right now as well and can confirm essentially everything clublounger said.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: aa exp, spg plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by clublounger
Here now.

Yes, complimentary drinks from 5:30-7:30pm, alongside light appetizers. Nice spread imho. Beer is limited to bottles of Heineken. Wines and other liquors are available.

Afternoon tea, with finger sandwiches, scones, clotted cream and cookies from 2:30-5:00

Breakfast is from 6:30-10:30. Continental - breads, sliced ham, sliced salmon, wrapped cheeses (babybelle and a few other soft cheeses), muffins, yoghurt, boxed cereals, selection of nuts and seeds, cut and whole fruits.

To my knowledge, free breakfast in the restaurant is not an option for Plats.
I stayed there this weekend and when I used the lounge during the afternoon tea there was a plate with four cookies and a small bowl of crisps. Nothing else. I didn't go in for breakfast.

By the way, the stay was rather disappointing. When I arrived the sink did not drain, the upgraded room was very noisy, it took 2 calls and 45 min. to get ice, etc. etc.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Not a great trip report.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
Only standard rooms bookable by points?

I was planning to return to this hotel next summer on vacation and use some of my points. It appears that the hotel does not offer a points option for more than a standard room (2 people only, I have a young child as well), though in the past there were higher-redemption options to guarantee a room large enough to hold more.

(It appears that the Park Lane has changed similarly (?), assuming my memory is not faulty).

I was curious if others have noticed this as a change in the hotel or if it is temporary?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by conroy
I was planning to return to this hotel next summer on vacation and use some of my points. It appears that the hotel does not offer a points option for more than a standard room (2 people only, I have a young child as well), though in the past there were higher-redemption options to guarantee a room large enough to hold more.

(It appears that the Park Lane has changed similarly (?), assuming my memory is not faulty).

I was curious if others have noticed this as a change in the hotel or if it is temporary?
I thought it was only me. I noticed that they were getting really stingy on the redemption options.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TimF10
the upgraded room was very noisy
Where was the noise coming from? What was the source of the noise? Rowdy hotel guests adjacent to your room?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I thought it was only me. I noticed that they were getting really stingy on the redemption options.
Thanks yyznomad. It is unfortunate - the value of the points is really tied to my ability to use them. If I can't take my family with me on vacation, it negates a lot of the incentive I have to push loyalty on the program. I am going to do a bit more homework on this to see if there are other options.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks yyznomad. It is unfortunate - the value of the points is really tied to my ability to use them. If I can't take my family with me on vacation, it negates a lot of the incentive I have to push loyalty on the program. I am going to do a bit more homework on this to see if there are other options.
Yep. I have been finding it difficult to justify using my points system-wide and have just been hoarding them lately. Just not worth redeeming for inflated rates on the lowest-rung-room.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood

Have you called to ask about further redemption options or are you just looking online?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
Have you called to ask about further redemption options or are you just looking online?
Yes I called play live multiple times. I booked at the Knightsbridge for this trip instead of this property. It is unfortunate that these options to that were previously available have been removed. The benefit of spg is directly tied to their no blackout model, and frankly the value per point is not high enough to warrant incremental spend vs. other options if this continues...
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:06 pm

Yes I called play live multiple times. I booked at the Knightsbridge for this trip instead of this property. It is unfortunate that these options to that were previously available have been removed. The benefit of spg is directly tied to their no blackout model, and frankly the value per point is not high enough to warrant incremental spend vs. other options if this continues...
Plat, not play. Stupid autocorrect
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: aa exp, spg plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Where was the noise coming from? What was the source of the noise? Rowdy hotel guests adjacent to your room?
The noise was, unfortunately, from the hotel staff. Housekeepers arguing over what rooms were their responsibility, room service people using the house phone to take orders, staff using that area to talk about their holiday celebrations.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
It appears that the hotel does not offer a points option for more than a standard room (2 people only, I have a young child as well)
how young is your child????i may be in the same boat come this summer....thinking of using my points for a week long stay here but i have 2 kids (both under 2 years old), so if we won't be allowed to stay in one room then it really dilutes the value of spg redemptions....
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: SVO - WKORV, WPORV, WKV, WSJ
We have an upcoming 7-nite stay a LM Picadilly. Paid with cash and not StarPoints as this is business-related (so my company is paying). Got a great rate (for a SW hotel London) at 211 GBP per night (including taxes, etc). I am SPG Gold.

I do not care about ability to get into the Club Lounge - what I am more interested in is getting a quiet and comfortable room. We have a basic room (Deluxe King) reserved, and may (or may not) get an upgrade - I have had good luck with upgrades as Gold in the EU, but have no expectations.

My question is to those with multiple stays there… to get the best chance of a quiet/comfortable room - what floor or room location should I shoot for?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.