Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollaway bed fees?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2023, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Rollaway bed fees?

I often make use of rollaway beds when traveling with family. When booking rooms, there is always one of three types of descriptions listed in the room details:
  1. Rollaway beds permitted: None
  2. Rollaway beds permitted: 1 at $xx per night
  3. Rollaway beds permitted: 1

#1 and #2 are very clear and straightforward. I have always interpreted #3 to mean that a rollaway bed is free of charge, which has always been my experience booking a room with that description. However, for an upcoming stay, I have two rooms booked that are described as #3, but the property just informed me there is a charge of $100 per bed per night. This adds up pretty quickly in a multi-room, multi-night stay.

I am curious about others' experiences with this? Is it reasonable of me to have assumed there was no charge for rollaways because one was not disclosed when I booked?
Old May 4, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I have always been charged for 3rd person/rollaway bed fee at SPG/Marriott hotels outside the US. However, the hotel usually then extended free breakfast benefits (Titanium) to 3rd person. Hotels included, St. Regis Florence, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Renaissance Phuket Westin Milan.
Old May 4, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
I've requested rollaway beds many times from each category, in the US, Europe, and Asia. I've never once actually been charged. Most recently, at the Westin Singapore, when I called to housekeeping upon arriving in our room to have them bring it up, they even reminded me that there would be a SG$100 per night charge... and yet, no charge upon checkout.

Of course, YMMV. I'm sure plenty of others can probably attest differently.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by eeebee
I've requested rollaway beds many times from each category, in the US, Europe, and Asia. I've never once actually been charged. Most recently, at the Westin Singapore, when I called to housekeeping upon arriving in our room to have them bring it up, they even reminded me that there would be a SG$100 per night charge... and yet, no charge upon checkout.

Of course, YMMV. I'm sure plenty of others can probably attest differently.
True. I have not been quite as lucky as you, but I would estimate that over half the time I am not charged even when there is a charge listed. Fingers crossed on this one lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.