Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Merlion
I was taking taxi every day. It was about 15-18 EUR per trip. Not a change of course, but quite OK considering significant savings on a room rate.

Is this the taxi fare between the Sheraton Roma and the center of Rome?
I'm holding reservations at the Sheraton in September and at one of the high end Starwood properties and am trying to decide which one to cancel.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
I'm holding reservations at the Sheraton in September and at one of the high end Starwood properties and am trying to decide which one to cancel.
This is correct. Was traveling daily to center of Rome and back.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:11 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by THEMOON
Sorry Lurker, I just found the info on another thread so disregard my question.
Okay, here is the latest for the Sheraton Roma. Hope it still matches the other thread.

From Hotel to Airport:
7:00, 8:30, 10:00, 13:30, 15:00, 16:30, 18:00

From Airport to Hotel:
7:45, 9:15, 10:45, 14:15, 15:45, 17:15, 18:45

Note: The hotel is not responsible for failure of runs or seat availability for runs from the hotel to the airport. Reservations required. Cost is 5 Euros per passenger.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Okay, here is the latest for the Sheraton Roma. Hope it still matches the other thread.

From Hotel to Airport:
7:00, 8:30, 10:00, 13:30, 15:00, 16:30, 18:00

From Airport to Hotel:
7:45, 9:15, 10:45, 14:15, 15:45, 17:15, 18:45

Note: The hotel is not responsible for failure of runs or seat availability for runs from the hotel to the airport. Reservations required. Cost is 5 Euros per passenger.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
William, May I find out what does it mean by "Reservations required"? Do you mean the guest must have reservations with the hotel stay (which I do have), or do you mean seats must be reserved in advance for the shuttle? If we need to reserve seats, where should we do it? Please advise. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by So Pang
William, May I find out what does it mean by "Reservations required"? Do you mean the guest must have reservations with the hotel stay (which I do have), or do you mean seats must be reserved in advance for the shuttle? If we need to reserve seats, where should we do it? Please advise. Thanks.
Sorry. I take it to mean that they would like you to make advance reservations for the shuttle so you will be assured of having a seat. I would speak to the concierge at the hotel when you check in, just to be sure.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Sorry. I take it to mean that they would like you to make advance reservations for the shuttle so you will be assured of having a seat. I would speak to the concierge at the hotel when you check in, just to be sure.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks William,

So do you recommend me to call the hotel directly to reserve seats for my ride from the airport to the hotel? My flight arrival time only allows me to catch the last shuttle on the schedule so I do need to make sure that a seat is reserved for me and my husband. Please confirm.

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:25 pm

Thanks William,

So do you recommend me to call the hotel directly to reserve seats for my ride from the airport to the hotel? My flight arrival time only allows me to catch the last shuttle on the schedule so I do need to make sure that a seat is reserved for me and my husband. Please confirm.

Thanks!
Honestly, I don't think they do that. I think you're either there in time for the last shuttle on a space-available basis or it might be taxi-time.

Seriously, though, send them an email and make some inquiries. The Starwood folks in Italy have always been so very accommodating when they can be.

Use [email protected] and ask them to forward the message to their concierge. There may be other options if they can't reserve space on their last hotel shuttle.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:23 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
That is a great taxi fare for between 15-18 Euro. However, ppl did say they've also been charged for like 50 right? So what's the secret? haha..

is there a particular taxi line that I should look for if I decide to take the taxi between the hotel and the termini?

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by nanirina
That is a great taxi fare for between 15-18 Euro. However, ppl did say they've also been charged for like 50 right? So what's the secret? haha..

is there a particular taxi line that I should look for if I decide to take the taxi between the hotel and the termini?

Thanks for any help!
They were cheated. Sheraton Rome is located outside of center of Rome and tariff 2 applies. If taxi drivers saw an "american tourist" there is a high probability, which was in my case 1 out of 8 (One guy tried to cheat on me too ) that taxi driver will press tariff 1 button on a meter, which will make the trip much more expensive. After you enter the city - driver should switch to tariff 1 anyway, but bad folks do it straight away.

Bascically all this stuff is written in the cab and I do not speak Italian, but was able to understand the basics from the text there.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:50 pm

If you need from airport to hotel - call the hotel
If you need from hotel to airport - you can take a small paper ticket from the concierge.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA PLAT
This is correct

Originally Posted by Merlion
If you need from airport to hotel - call the hotel
If you need from hotel to airport - you can take a small paper ticket from the concierge.

In order to board the airport shuttle from the hotel to the airport, we needed to ask the bell captain for tickets. He reserved space for all of us but only charged for the adults. He did not charge for the children.

The shuttle into town does not require a reservation and is free.

They leave from different parts of the hotel. The shuttle into town leaves from the front of the walkway and the shuttle to the airport leaves from the side of the motor court.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 2:18 pm
formerly sirgolf82

I'll be at this property in August of this year, and it looks like our flight into FCO doesn't match up with the shuttle service. Would it be possible to take the Metro from the airport, and just walk to the hotel? Which station is it by?

http://www.romebuddy.com/givesadvice/subwayroutes.html
Old Apr 15, 2006, 4:00 pm

Mrs Cattle and I were there two years ago and I want to say that a taxi cost us around 20 euros then to/from the city.

My only complaint was that the air conditioning wasn't working well when we were there and our room was above 24C all the entire time. It was mostly an issue because Mrs Cattle had food poisoning from our flight over that day

The cost of the food in the bar just about made me choke but we didn't have a choice because she wasn't' feeling well and needed to be at the hotel "just in case". I did love the cheese pizza though ^

As a plat we did not get an upgrade but the hotel was sold out when we were there as a big clothing convention (?) was just in town and there were still people around the city. We did have access to the continental breakfast in the lounge which wasn't bad.

If we made it back to Rome I would stay here in a heartbeat for the points savings and the ease of transportation to/from the city and relatively cheap cabs when needed.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:08 pm

Would like the opinion of fellow FTers on how I should handle this problem.

My parents are celebrating their 35th anniversary, and staying at the Sheraton Roma tonight. I made the reservation for them using cash and points. The reservation is under my name (since it is my points), but I made sure my dad's name is on the reservation as second guest, and I specifically told the SPG agent that this is a gift for my parents. I also called the hotel on 2 seperate occassions to tell them that I will not be the guests staying in the room, once 2 days ago; and another time today, an hour before my parent's scheduled arrival. So all in all there should be 4 seperate records of my intent.

When my parents arrived for check-in, they were grilled by the front desk on their relationships with me. They asked why I wasn't with them, when I will arrive, and why they don't have my SPG card. Neither of my parents speak Italian, and my dad only has limited command of english, and it took almost 2 hours before the front desk finally allowed them access to the room. As much as I try to write this incident off as "the agent simply performing his job", this whole thing should not have happened, as I think I did more than enough to inform the hotel of my plan.

I am thinking of writing a formal complaint to SPG as well as the hotel manager. I don't seek any points or reimbursements, I just want to find out who did this, and why despite being told numerous times by me that this is a gift they still feel necessary to grill 2 seniors on their anniversary (the fact that they were on their anniversary was also noted in the reservation) in public for close to 2 hours in a foreign language in a foreign land about intimate family relationship details! Anyone think I have a legit complain, or am I over-reacting, for I tend to lose control when it comes to people I love and care deeply.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
I stayed here early last summer. Nice hotel, location is the issue. If plat, the lounge is very nice.. It has a swimming pool which is a premium in Rome. As William notes, they are very responsive to email.. There are several posts on this hotel, including my review, if you do a search. Enjoy the trip..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.