Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Suite upgrade at LME

Originally Posted by stimpy
I would definitely say it is a waste. Unless you have a family of four, an executive room is just fine. The suites are not great by any means other than space.
Stayed in a suite at LM end of August. Used SNA. The suite we got (and it seems other suites are like this) was two adjoining rooms with a door between them. Each room was clearly built as a bedroom, but one was refurnished as a living room. So I suspect the number of suites shrinks during the high season.

My wife and I found the suite met our needs as one of us could go to bed early as the other did some reading.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Gold
Stayed here using points in August. The redemption value was not great but this hotel definitely went over the top to make me feel special as a Platinum guest. Our stay did not start very well with no suites available so we couldn't use our SNA's. However, our very early check in request was accommodated and we were given a coupon for breakfast for the day of our check in! (we did not ask nor expected this) The room was small but we wanted to see Paris and not stay much in the room so we did not care. The hotel is right next to the train station and you can almost get to any tourist destination (except Eiffel tower I think) without changing trains. The staff is great and the breakfast has a decent spread.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL: FO/Silver, Marriott Gold
Renovation impact?

Hello,
Thinking of booking several rooms between Christmas and New Years at the Le Méridien Etoile, and wondering if/how the renovation that started in August will impact our stay. Anyone has any information?
Also, I was hoping to stay in a Classic Room (135Euro) with two adults and two kids (<12yr), however the reservation system does not seem to like that, it brings me to a Senior Suite for 547Euro. I'm mostly familiar with US hotels and there it is usually no problem to stay in a regular room for the regular rate with 2 adults + 2 kids.
Thank you, Jazz
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:53 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jazz_FB
Hello,
Thinking of booking several rooms between Christmas and New Years at the Le Méridien Etoile, and wondering if/how the renovation that started in August will impact our stay. Anyone has any information?
Also, I was hoping to stay in a Classic Room (135Euro) with two adults and two kids (<12yr), however the reservation system does not seem to like that, it brings me to a Senior Suite for 547Euro. I'm mostly familiar with US hotels and there it is usually no problem to stay in a regular room for the regular rate with 2 adults + 2 kids.
Thank you, Jazz
The standard rooms at this property are too small to accommodate four guests (of any age). You'll find their rooms, particularly the standard rooms, to be less then half the size of a typical hotel room in the US. As a family of four, we stayed in two executive rooms and while fine, no one could call the situation spacious.

You'd need two rooms for your party. I left with the impression that connecting rooms, which we had, were plentiful at this property. While they would not guarantee connectors in advance (few hotels will), the staff didn't make it seem like connections were an issue when checking in.

Some notes from my stay are below.

At €135, that is a fairly low rate for Paris, reflecting the combination of the season and that this is most predominantly a business hotel.

http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/a-family...en-etoile.html
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Renovations still happening?

I know that renovations started in Aug 2015, but are they still going on? Considering a 5 night stay in March 2016, but would be wary if renovations are ongoing. Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by qasr
I know that renovations started in Aug 2015, but are they still going on?
Couldn't see anything under renovation during my stay mid-December there (lobby, restaurants, 2nd floor rooms or breakfast buffet).

Maybe there were in higher floors?

Julien
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by generikz
Couldn't see anything under renovation during my stay mid-December there (lobby, restaurants, 2nd floor rooms or breakfast buffet).

Julien
Thanks! Will probably book--hopefully the rooms are all done.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by generikz

Julien
I stayed there twice in the past week. Second floor on the second stay. Sixth floor on the first stay. Didn't notice any construction renovation.

I wish they would add plumbing maintenance to their renovation plans. Virtually every room i've stayed in there has a really slow draining sink.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I just got here and got one of the newly (1 month ago) renovated rooms, 4th floor.
Don't know how it looked like before but this one is definitely nice, for a standard room.
Nothing like what the "bad" reviews indicated.

However there ARE still renovations going on - I can hear them from my room and was told upon check-in they will be working 9-6. Since tomorrow is Sunday and I'm only staying one night I dont mind since they wont be working anyway. But I can hear them at the moment (4pm)

Oh also - they're changing the minibar system so that it's empty at the start - either you buy drinks at vending machines near the elevator (...) or ask them to bring you whatever you want

New Lobby (I assume new, it looks renovated) looks spiffy. I can provide more pictures if needed!

Edit: good lord those pics came out too big here's just the links
http://i.imgur.com/oAade7o.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xWnBGu0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/I7obQBS.jpg

Last edited by Smiley90; Feb 13, 2016 at 8:49 am
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Last week I had a stay at the Hyatt Etoile (across the street), and stopped in for a drink at the LME and found the champagne bar closed, and actually boarded up. The only place open was the main restaurant off the lobby. Not sure how long it will be closed or what exactly was going on, but there was definitively some major construction going on.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Stayed here during the second weekend of August. Paris was very quite, most tourist were already gone after the World Cup and most Parisian people also take holiday in August.

Our stay did not go well. Check-in took more then 20 minutes. For some reason the computer thought I was Gold instead of Platinum. I had to convince the check-in agent that I was Platinum, so first welcome was not so pleasant. Also there were no suites or upgrades available, although the hotel wasn't full at all. Was given a room on the SPG (9th floor), which was small and also a wheelchair accessible room with street view/noise. No welcome drink, no fruit basked. Asked for it and was delivered later. The rooms don't have mini-bar anymore either, just an empty fridge (which was also missing from our room). A shirt was still in the room from a previous guest. All very bad.

The rooms itself are nice, though small. The room was clean. nice bedding. You can open the window, but only a small bit due to security I thing.

Next morning at breakfast we didn't have voucher (didn't know we needed one), so they wanted to let me sign for breakfast. I refused, argument here and there, at my breakfast and went to reception after. Only to receive vouchers for the next morning and the told me I only had breakfast for 1 of the rooms (we had 2 rooms). Which was wrong, I had my confirmation and anything.

Breakfast itself is wide spread with lots of choices, nothing to complain there.

In the end I received 1 night free of charge for 1 of the rooms, which was very nice. But I would have enjoyed my stay much more if I just had received the service and comfort that I'm just to when staying at SPG/Le Meridien brand. It's an hotel of 1000 rooms and normally LM's where I stay are smaller, a little more personal and have a higher standard.

In the end I also forgot my Iphone charger, stupid me. I already had contact with the hotel, since my stay/nights credit weren't done probably and I was missing points. All in all 3 managers e-mailed me and only after asking they told me that they found my charger. It would cost €30 to send it to my home address. Very shameful as postage/packacking cost no more then €10. It was my mistake to forget something, but to make money of it I find is just ridiculous.

I would not stay here again for sure! This just because I go to SPG brands and am used to a certain level of service, therefore I pay a little extra to stay at these hotels. Now this LM is fairly cheap, but I still could have stayed elsewhere with the same service for less.

Did send in e-mail to the GM. No response yet.

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Aug 18, 2016 at 2:16 am
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
I know that renovations started in Aug 2015, but are they still going on?...
Is renovation still ongoing?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:18 am

I was there just last week and seemed to me the renovation is now over or not visible anymore. Personally I liked the new design however not in the rooms. I prefer the former renovation.
I was told there would be a club lounge from mid September on where one may get breakfast and snacks during the day, and cheese wine between 7-9pm.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by faust343
I was there just last week and seemed to me the renovation is now over or not visible anymore. Personally I liked the new design however not in the rooms. I prefer the former renovation.
I was told there would be a club lounge from mid September on where one may get breakfast and snacks during the day, and cheese wine between 7-9pm.
I just received an email from the GM talking about this same club lounge opening September/October now. It would be for rooms on floors 8 and 9. I was there just to early.

Overall I just find an hotel with over 1000 rooms can't give that more personal experience that I prefer. Hotel certainly isn't bad, but from an SPG member point of view definitely not the best to go to for benefits and personal touch.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Saw this press release on Marriott website; posted by SPG day before official merger.

http://news.marriott.com/2016/09/le-...ar-renovation/

Excerpt:

"From the birthplace of the brand, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts – part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) – today marked a milestone as its first-ever hotel and celebrated flagship in Paris revealed the completion of its multi-million dollar renovation. Following the hotel’s transformation, Le Méridien Etoile now boasts reimagined guestrooms, suites and the transformation of the hotel’s public spaces, including the legendary Jazz Club Etoile and brand’s signature lobby concept: Le Méridien Hub.

Located in the 17th arrondissement, anchored by Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées, Le Méridien Etoile is the largest hotel in central Paris."

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.