Westin Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We'll were back from our BMW European Delivery trip. It was the trip of a lifetime! Here's the start of our Trip Report

We got in late around 1:00 am for a one night stay and were pleasantly surprised by the gigantic room that we were provided on the top floor. It even had a walk in steam room that was separate from the master bathroom. The steam room had a large window that overlooked the city. Unfortunately, we were so tired that we didn't get to enjoy it. We appreciated the gesture though.

We were in town for one night so that we could see Da'Vinci's last supper in the morning. It was sold out but the hotel concierge was able to book us on a tour that included this as a stop. It was a nice tour and we visited the highlights of Milan.

Breakfast as a Platinum was excellent as well. We had access to the full buffet including made to order omlets. We had to dash in and out for a quick bite as our tour left at 9:00 am but the Latte's were a great kick start.

We would stay here again. Parked with the hotel valet service for the one night.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GFL
Just returned from a 2 night weekend stay at the Westin Milan. The rate, via Octopus Travel was a bargain, c. GBP125/night INCLUDING breakfast. The rate doesn't accrue SPG points but extras do.

Very friendly check-in, lobby is smart and elegant in an 'old world marble' style.

Room was renovated, good size, large king bed, good linens, aircon working, quiet, bathroom good, seperate large shower with glass door as well as a bathtub.

Bar was expensive, but drinks very well served with a nice selection of mini-canapes etc.
Breakfast was good, buffet style but egg dishes available to order seperately. Importantly, no fuss about what was allowed or what wasn't within the rate. I had at least 3 cappuccinos both mornings and they were good and delivered quickly.

Staff were charming, friendly and smiley.

This hotel would definitely rate 5 stars at any price, but at the rate I paid it really was a bargain.

The location is very slightly off-centre, but the metro (line 3) is 2-3 stops from the centre and very easy to use. There are good restaurants down the road within 5-10 minutes walk.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Upgraded to a large but unrefurbished room - very old decor and the air supply seemed to be stuck on 'heating' mode so the room was like a furnace despite two calls to front desk to fix. Fortunately I could force the window to stay open using some of the very fancy curtains, but it was still a terribly uncomfortable night.

Breakfast good, but there's no lounge so you have to use your Platinum amenity.

Overall, I see no real benefit to staying here versus the cheaper Four Points nearby. Both are about the same distance from Central Station (although the Westin is right on top of Repubblica metro station.)
Old May 27, 2013, 4:01 pm

As a hint:
The Westins offers to upgrade you to a deluxe or even the presidential suite as an instant award of 10.500 points/night upon availability during check-in. This is a real bargain.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone stayed here recently that can comment on the internet speeds?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by Sohan
Has anyone stayed here recently that can comment on the internet speeds?
I stay at this hotel almost every month. No trouble with internet as far as i recall but I am not sure what do you mean by internet speed...I don't do nothing special, just surfing a bit and exchanging emails.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I can say that wifi is a bit spotty in some parts of the hotel and you may need to make a wired connection; but speeds are quite reasonable once you connect.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
The wifi in my room is bad, but I managed to grab an usb ethernet adapter before I got here, and once it's connected it is indeed fine.

One thing strange though, I called downstairs for an iron and they told me due to fire regulations I can't have an iron. First time hearing this, yet they can press my shirt for 12euros for me lol.

Fire regulations seem to let them put a huge sauna in my room though :/?!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I agree, wifi can be spotty at this property, especially corner rooms.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Sohan
The wifi in my room is bad, but I managed to grab an usb ethernet adapter before I got here, and once it's connected it is indeed fine.

One thing strange though, I called downstairs for an iron and they told me due to fire regulations I can't have an iron. First time hearing this, yet they can press my shirt for 12euros for me lol.

Fire regulations seem to let them put a huge sauna in my room though :/?!
Italian regulation is unbelievably complex but both the Westin and Diana apparently do not allow irons and have not for some time. As mentioned elsewhere (either in this thread or the Diana), there are a number of laundries that will wash and/or iron for somewhat less in the neighborhood.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:00 am

Just a quick note on my most recent stay; used SNAs (before the decision to extend the deadline) and upgraded on the first day to an 11th floor junior suite with a lovely view of the piazza. I arrive in Milan early (curse you AA for getting me to MXP at 8am and getting my bag off the line quickly) and the suite was ready when I arrived. Hotel went all out on gifts, including a fruit tray, some pastry, a free massage offer and finally a scarf (Zegna). Room was a bit dated (the desk chair cushion was worn out) but a lovely stay. Breakfast was good, the bar is expensive but offers loads of snacks and they actually gave me the 500pts anyway.

I'll be back (in January)!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
was looking to stay here in mid june but there seems to be no points availability & pretty high prepaid rates available between the 11th-16th of june at this property....does anyone know why????
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
was looking to stay here in mid june but there seems to be no points availability & pretty high prepaid rates available between the 11th-16th of june at this property....does anyone know why????
As far as I can tell, it's the hematologists! Not fashion, not furniture, but doctors:

http://www.ehaweb.org/congress-and-e...y-information/

Last edited by ckendall; Jan 14, 2014 at 6:42 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ckendall
As far as I can tell, it's the hematologists! Not fashion, not furniture, bot doctors:

http://www.ehaweb.org/congress-and-e...y-information/
damn....i guess its the four points for me then....
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
damn....i guess its the four points for me then....
If you don't mind an independent hotel that Navigli location of Art Hotel is very good and it is very good value actually. I have stayed there a few times and typically it comes in under 170 EUR for a nice double room with free wifi. Recommended for when the chains price into the stratosphere which unfortunately is quite regularly in Milano.

http://www.arthotelnavigli.com/?cookieChecked=true

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.