Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Just got back from the Westin - had a decent stay except the AC didn't really cool our rooms down & we were given one smoking room & one nonsmoking room (although we requested two non-smoking rooms).

Using the bus & walking a few blocks was insanely easy & cheap - I'd recommend anyone staying their for pleasure (i.e. not on an expense account) to use the bus & walk it. It's only 5 euros per directions & well worth it!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:07 am

Westin Palace Milan

I was thinking of using SPG points for a two night stay at the Westin Palace in Milan. Haven't used points for stay before. I have a couple of questions. Is there any chance of an upgrade using points? Do you get the least expensive room? Has anyone stayed at this property before? Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC *E
We've stayed there a couple of times, most recently in November on an overnight as part of a YYZ-MXP-LCA return. We used Cash and Points (which is quite a good deal at this property) and were upgraded to a lovely corner suite (I'm *Gold). The only problem was that we had to leave so early we could not enjoy their excellent breakfast.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by ohcanada
We've stayed there a couple of times, most recently in November on an overnight as part of a YYZ-MXP-LCA return. We used Cash and Points (which is quite a good deal at this property) and were upgraded to a lovely corner suite (I'm *Gold). The only problem was that we had to leave so early we could not enjoy their excellent breakfast.
Given your trip, what do you suggest is the most effective means of getting to Westin Palace, Milan from MXP?

Thanks in advance?
Old Mar 11, 2007, 4:01 am

Hi.

I have stayed here twice, both time we were upgraded to, what I have to say is one of the best room I have every stayed in, we had the turkish bath, a sitting room, and the best bed ever....

I would recommend the early morning cappacino, room service....ummmm

Great hotel....

Also try the pumpkin Ravoli ....
Old Mar 11, 2007, 6:52 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
Given your trip, what do you suggest is the most effective means of getting to Westin Palace, Milan from MXP?

Thanks in advance?
Depending upon how much luggage you have, the cheapest way is via the MXP Express Bus that goes to the main train station in Milan. From there it is a direct walk of about 10-15 minutes to the hotel (or a short subway ride). As for upgrades, I was there on a paid corporate rate for a one night weekend stay in off seaon (March) and got an OK room-- definately nothing special, and NOT a suite.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 7:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by landmike
I was thinking of using SPG points for a two night stay at the Westin Palace in Milan. Haven't used points for stay before. I have a couple of questions. Is there any chance of an upgrade using points? Do you get the least expensive room? Has anyone stayed at this property before? Thanks.

I would snag this hotel using priceline; it's nearly always available for around $140/night. I had an inside room on an upper floor, whcih suited me as it was quient. I remember a very nice bathroom. It was the weekend they decided finally to let the Pope die, probably two years ago now.

The hotel has a great location between the three museums in Madrid; but you will be out and about seeing those, not in the hotel itself much, and frankly it is not all that. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice hotel but better to save your points for a resort stay where you really can use the facilities and maximise value from the points.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
If "effective" means cheap and fast (but not exactly glamourous), and you're neither mobility impaired, nor afraid of underground station, nor travelling at night, then
- take any "Malpensa Express" train from MXP, alight at "Bovisa Politecnico" station, however drab that station may look to you
- change to any southbound S1, S2 opr S10 train to "Repubblica" stop (the third stop from Bovisa).
- exit that station, the Westin is right in front of you (take the exit nearest to you as you come up from platform level).

The EUR 11 ticket for the Malpensa Express includes travel on the Repubblica-Bovisa bit.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Europe is tricky

Originally Posted by krug
I would snag this hotel using priceline; it's nearly always available for around $140/night. I had an inside room on an upper floor, whcih suited me as it was quient. I remember a very nice bathroom. It was the weekend they decided finally to let the Pope die, probably two years ago now.

The hotel has a great location between the three museums in Madrid; but you will be out and about seeing those, not in the hotel itself much, and frankly it is not all that. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice hotel but better to save your points for a resort stay where you really can use the facilities and maximise value from the points.

Krug, tsss tsss.
Milano, not Madrid.
If only Milano had museums worthy of Madrid's, they would not rely so much on fashion, I guess
Be aware that if Milano is the best German city possible, it iis also the poorest Italian town around.
EJ
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
If "effective" means cheap and fast (but not exactly glamourous), and you're neither mobility impaired, nor afraid of underground station, nor travelling at night, then
- take any "Malpensa Express" train from MXP, alight at "Bovisa Politecnico" station, however drab that station may look to you
- change to any southbound S1, S2 opr S10 train to "Repubblica" stop (the third stop from Bovisa).
- exit that station, the Westin is right in front of you (take the exit nearest to you as you come up from platform level).

The EUR 11 ticket for the Malpensa Express includes travel on the Repubblica-Bovisa bit.
Excellent - thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Any recent reports on the Westin? Is it in a safe/convenient part of town?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
I stay here every week and it is always my hotel of choice. Not too far from the main station, the Principe Di Savoia' hotel is opposite and has an excellent restaurant below it called 'Dal Bolognese'

Room service is of a high standard and the gym is a decent size. The area is not a bad area and have never had an issues around there. It is well lit and fine to walk back after dinner.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:38 am

Any recent experiences with this hotel? I think I read in another thread that they now have an executive lounge with free breakfast - anyone can confirm this? Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:45 am

I stayed at this property this past october. I did not received free breakfast or discount for the breakfast on the lobby. Got upgraded to one of the junior suite. The location is decent and the room is in the nice condition.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:41 am
tyn

Originally Posted by heakja
Any recent experiences with this hotel? I think I read in another thread that they now have an executive lounge with free breakfast - anyone can confirm this? Thanks.

No lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.