Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (rebranded to RIU) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (rebranded to RIU) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:55 pm
STM

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Well you wouldn't want to be treated like this Platinum
Or this one. The hotel is starting to bug me and I have (for now, anyway) another stay coming up in a couple of weeks. No room upgrade here (not a huge deal) and a room right outside housekeeping's storage closet, where they are constantly banging things around, blocking my room and talking loudly. Again, not really a big deal. Combined with the spotty internet connection, breakfast issues (already discussed) and marginal communication from the hotel manager though, I'm thinking I may have to look elsewhere.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by STM
Or this one. The hotel is starting to bug me and I have (for now, anyway) another stay coming up in a couple of weeks. No room upgrade here (not a huge deal) and a room right outside housekeeping's storage closet, where they are constantly banging things around, blocking my room and talking loudly. Again, not really a big deal. Combined with the spotty internet connection, breakfast issues (already discussed) and marginal communication from the hotel manager though, I'm thinking I may have to look elsewhere.
There aren't many suites at this property. Usually they upgrade Platinum members to the Club Floor. I've never had issues getting breakfast certs here.
Old May 9, 2009, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Seeking updates for plat treatment here

Are b/f certs still automatic?

What is the nearest Bart stop for this property?
Old May 9, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I stay here on a fairly regular basis due when the price of the financial district hotels go up during conventions. I always get breakfast coupons without asking - room upgrades are few and far between - and as far as BART goes - the hotel isn't anywhere near BART, you'd need to take it to one of the downtown stations and take a taxi from there. Biggest gripe is the parking rate, it is easier if schedule allows to rent a car by the day at the rental car place onsite - or the others fairly close and avoid the parking charge.
Old May 10, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Seeking updates for plat treatment here

Are b/f certs still automatic?

What is the nearest Bart stop for this property?
Not many suites here. The room are recently renovated and the rooms are much brighter than before. The public areas have also been renovated. Rarely am upgraded here but this is due to the lack of suites. They used to upgrade to the Club Floor, but since there really isn't a club lounge anymore it's a mute point. Last time I had to ask for breakfast certs.

As for Bart you have a few options....

Take the F Historic Trolleys to the Embarcadero Station.
Take the 9X and to Market and 4th Street and catch Bart at Powell Station.
Walk up to North Beach and catch the 30/45 and get off at Union Square where it's a short walk to Powell Station.

The F/9X/30/45 all stop within a block of the hotel.

A cab to Embarcadero station from the hotel is probably $7.

If you want a hotel that is more conveniently located to a Bart Station and is part of SPG then your best bet would be the any of the downtown SPG properties. They range from within 1-3 blocks of the Powell or Embarcadero St. Bart Stations.

IMO the hotel can get a bit overpriced in the summer months over the downtown hotels which have more modern facilities, but this is more due to the location not how nice the property is.
Old May 10, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Originally Posted by billxmeredith
I stay here on a fairly regular basis due when the price of the financial district hotels go up during conventions. I always get breakfast coupons without asking - room upgrades are few and far between - and as far as BART goes - the hotel isn't anywhere near BART, you'd need to take it to one of the downtown stations and take a taxi from there. Biggest gripe is the parking rate, it is easier if schedule allows to rent a car by the day at the rental car place onsite - or the others fairly close and avoid the parking charge.

What is the name of the on-site car rental agency?
Old May 11, 2009, 10:23 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
What is the name of the on-site car rental agency?
Dollar Rental Car.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:07 am

Any recent experiences at this property?

Cheers,
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:18 am
jtb

Programs: SPG, AS, AA, CO
Originally Posted by Flews
Any recent experiences at this property?

Cheers,
Not really recent but we stayed 3 nights in June '09.

Had a class myself out @ SFO Marriott on Sat and Sunday but my wife and I wanted to be in the city. Transportation to and from SFO was easy with BART, caught the F Trolley from Embarcadero station to the hotel and vice versa. We did have a rental car one night and found free on street parking right across the street next to Safeway but I think we got lucky on that.

Property is conveinient to the Wharf, North Beach neighborhood, and all the touristy stuff if you are into it; also close to cable cars, Starbucks, Trader Joes and has a Safeway right across the street. We always hit North Beach Pizza when we are here; also there is a really great place to eat called Butterfly on the waterfront just near the Alcatraz launching point.

We had a top floor room which seemed nice enough and we were happy with it until going to bed; turns out you don't want a room that borders the alley / driveway / entrance to the hotel. Reason is, the hotel has these nice looking outdoor fireplace areas that border the small bar / lounge. People take their drinks outside and sit around the fire pits. All is well until you try to sleep....all the noise from people talking and laughing loudly from this area goes straight up and if you've got a boisterous, slightly drunk crowd down there @ 12:30 am it will wake you up and you won't go back to sleep. Anyway, I called the front desk right away and they apparently had been getting calls / complaints and security was on it's way...but this didn't help for 45 minutes. Next morning I complained again and insisted they move us or we were checking out early...we got moved to a suite which was nice...and quiet.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I have stayed at this hotel twice this year. In January I stayed in a full suite in a room overlooking the pool with sitting room, dining table, mini-frig and sink. The second trip in May was a top floor room over the firepits and carport and I concur with the noise issue since I had to be up early for a morning flight.

I still haven't got around to writing a review of this hotel for Loyalty Traveler blog.

Both times I received breakfast certificates. Good breakfast spread with buffet type offering.

Also received 20% off restaurant dining coupon.

I have managed to park for just a few dollars each time by using the meters on nearby streets and then moving the car to the street just outside the hotel after the meter hours end.

The hotel is brightly decorated and I like it. This hotel is the only Starwood Hotel in San Francisco with an outdoor pool which can be a blessing or a curse depending on the weather.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:14 pm

Stayed last week. Upgraded to a lovely, very large one bedroom suite overlooking the pool.

Breakfast for two coupon included.

We were very impressed with this property, given the relatively low rate we paid compared to the high value we received.

Would not hesitate to recommend or return.

Cheers,
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easy parking

On-site parking is a complete rip-off at about $50 tax included; however, right across North Point St (on the South side) there's the NorthPoint Center parking (where Safeway and Walgreens are), which has a covered floor and charges $5/hour for 1 to 3 hours, $20 for 4-12 hours, and $25 per day, tax included.

Metered spaces are an option but meters need to be fed from 7 to 19 every day, 365 days a year.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by hillrider
On-site parking is a complete rip-off at about $50 tax included; however, right across North Point St (on the South side) there's the NorthPoint Center parking (where Safeway and Walgreens are), which has a covered floor and charges $5/hour for 1 to 3 hours, $20 for 4-12 hours, and $25 per day, tax included.

Metered spaces are an option but meters need to be fed from 7 to 19 every day, 365 days a year.
Keep an eye out for parking packages as well. I've got a stay booked for December at $131 including parking (AAA rate), which is only $20 higher than the best rate I can find. $20 parking in the city isn't bad. I'm partial to the Le Meridien, but thought we'd give this prop a try since we have dinner reservations close by. I'll report back...
Old May 5, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Any recent feedback? Specifically upgrade % and if they give breakfast coupons per day to plats?
Old May 5, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Checked in last night and got one breakfast coupon for a 2 night stay - it even says something about being per stay on it. I'm not sure what's considered an upgrade here - I can say that in 5 -6 times staying here I've never been put in a suite. I would recommend that you ask for an interior courtyard facing room - the street facing rooms can be noisy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.