Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[CLOSED] Munich Four Points Central [Master Thread]

[CLOSED] Munich Four Points Central [Master Thread]

Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:31 am

I was there two times after the renovation for just sleeping. Got upgraded to Studio (biggest rooms they have) both times. But nothing else as Platinum as internet was not working and I did not see any minibar.
"The Lobby" is really small and both elevators (second is behind the glas door on the left) are really slow and time consuming.
Rooms are nicely renovated but not the bathrooms but there are still okay.
There is a subwaystation around the corner which is better then walking to central station. Moreover some nice restaurants are in the area plus big computer store.
But for the price they want it is in comparision to Arabellapark/Westin or Meridien too expensive. Except the good location to the octoberfest I would see prices like the ones for 4pts Olympiapark which means 50 to 80Euro without breakfast.
But as they only hve few rooms it seems solid booked.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Stayed here recently for a couple of nights for work - little time spent at the hotel, but main observations were:

- friendly helpful reception staff
- new refurbished standard room with small bathroom
- small gym with 4 cardios and free weights
- no taxi rank outside
- good choice of local restaurants and shops within walking distance
- 2 computers in lobby (access code from reception)
- lifts still slow...
- basic buffet breakfast
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mookie10
Stayed here recently for a couple of nights for work - little time spent at the hotel, but main observations were:

- friendly helpful reception staff
- new refurbished standard room with small bathroom
- small gym with 4 cardios and free weights
- no taxi rank outside
- good choice of local restaurants and shops within walking distance
- 2 computers in lobby (access code from reception)
- lifts still slow...
- basic buffet breakfast
another recent 1 night stay - checked in at lunch time for a 1 night stay and was upgraded to a corner studio on the SPG 5th floor - main features:
- Small lounge area / table
- 2 double beds
- Small separate kitchen area with hob, microwave, sink and cupboards
- Walk in closet / dressing room
- Length of the room balcony
- Still has a very small bathroom
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:00 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Any recent stay here ?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Stayed earlier this month and had a poor initial impression as it took a while for anyone to open the security door from the car park to the hotel. This was obviously an isolated incident as service was generally excellent.

Upgrade from standard to executive room on SPG floor - hotel was full. The rooms have been very well finished and looked new. Bathrooms are a bit small but very clean.

Platinum breakfast benefit was the full buffet, which was very good. There is very limited food offered in the evening.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Staying here for Oktoberfest

-As a platinum, can I expect wifi internet and breakfast (ammenity) here?
-Do the rooms now have A/C
-Any experiences with staying here for Oktoberfest. Seems like the closest Sheraton and now sold out so I have to think it's a better choice than Sheraton Westpark..
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Staying here for Oktoberfest

-As a platinum, can I expect wifi internet and breakfast (ammenity) here?
-Do the rooms now have A/C
-Any experiences with staying here for Oktoberfest. Seems like the closest Sheraton and now sold out so I have to think it's a better choice than Sheraton Westpark..
It was 2008 when I last stayed here, but like you, I stayed right at the start of Oktoberfest.

I don't remember if I was gold or platinum (I think the latter that year) -- I received free breakfast. It was actually a nice breakfast with meats, eggs, pastries, etc. Just what you want after nights and nights of drinking.

I was too drunk to remember if the room had AC. I do remember that my wife and I had two beds that were quite small, so we ended up sleeping in separate beds.

This hotel is right on the fairgrounds for Oktoberfest. I thought the location was great.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:49 pm

Just staying here over the Oktoberfest and used to the hotels from past stays.
In principal a nice hotel but the rip you off at the bar a the moment. Currently they only serve Oktoberfest beer for 5,9€ /0,5l and 10,9€ /1l. That is much more than on the Wiesn itself which is already very expensive. Moreover they do not inform you about it. So be aware

Last edited by charder; Sep 30, 2013 at 2:59 pm
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charder
In principal a nice hotel but the rip you off at the bar a the moment. Currently they only serve Oktoberfest beer for 5,9€ /0,5l and 10,9€ /1l. That is much more than on the Wiesn itself which is already very expensive. Moreover they do not inform you about it. So be aware
Given that in the main tents this year 1l of beer is between 9.40 to 9.85 EUR I don't think that 10.90 is that much of a rip off (1.05 EUR more per L) for a hotel to be charging.
http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article...for+2013/3351/
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:27 pm

Without the octoberfest the charge you 4€ per 0.5l. Right now they not not offer anything else, like normal Helles or Weißbier, so I consider this a rip off. Especially as I'm paying for the mood i a tent and the orchester which is not present in the four points
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by charder
Especially as I'm paying for the mood i a tent and the orchester which is not present in the four points
I would pay for the orchestra not being present.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Breston
I would pay for the orchestra not being present.
+1
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Given that in the main tents this year 1l of beer is between 9.40 to 9.85 EUR I don't think that 10.90 is that much of a rip off (1.05 EUR more per L) for a hotel to be charging.
http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article...for+2013/3351/
I don't see your point. They are making money $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I don't see your point. They are making money $$$$$$$$$$$$$
The point was that charging 10% more at a 4 star business hotel is not exactly a ripoff.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The point was that charging 10% more at a 4 star business hotel is not exactly a ripoff.
The FP Munich Central is in general a rather expensive hotel.

For my stay in March I have the choice:
- 82 EUR FP Central (250 points for Plat only)
- 92 EUR Sheraton Airport (with pool)
- 98 EUR Sherton Westpark (with lounge)

Difficult difficult difficult question. I would like to stay at the FP Central but prices in the other two hotels are only very little more expensive...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.