Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Free nights cancellation policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
SPG Free nights cancellation policy

Hey guys, completely new to SPG program. I'm about to book a room using points, the cancellation policy says "CANCELLATION POLICY
If you cancel between Mon, 08 Jan 2018 and 12:00 PM hotel time on Thu, 25 Oct 2018, there will be no forfeiture amount"

Does this apply to points reservation as well? meaning that if I cancel in time, the points will be reversed back into my account?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Usually it mirrors the cash rate however just before confirming the reservation you will see the points cancellation policy where you can double check.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:33 pm

It seems to vary from hotel to hotel but I have noticed some hotels let you cancel up to the check in day at 4pm or so to avoid cancellation fees. Some resort properties however you have to cancel a month beforehand. The Westin Whistler Resort is one such hotel. When you are going through the booking process it will inform you though.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by walterD
Hey guys, completely new to SPG program. I'm about to book a room using points, the cancellation policy says "CANCELLATION POLICY
If you cancel between Mon, 08 Jan 2018 and 12:00 PM hotel time on Thu, 25 Oct 2018, there will be no forfeiture amount"

Does this apply to points reservation as well? meaning that if I cancel in time, the points will be reversed back into my account?
If you're about to book on points, and that's what it ways just before you confirm your reservation on points, then yes, that's the cancellation policy when booking with points.

If you're about to book on points but are looking at a cancellation policy for some other type of reservation, I suggest booking with points and looking at the cancellation policy just before confirming the reservation with points, as that's what's relevant.

Yes, if you cancel before the defined cancellation deadline for a points reservation, the points are returned to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.