Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:46 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by saad
even if that were the case (which it isn't) then it wouldn't explain why it disappeared from my spg page....
Did you have any recent stays on any other SET codes? I find that sometimes SET codes can sneak in and out of the account. Just go in and put it back:

1) SPG.com and login
2) Quick Links->My Account
3) Manage My Account->My Profile
4) Contact Information->Edit
5) Company Information->Corporate or SET Number
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Did you have any recent stays on any other SET codes? I find that sometimes SET codes can sneak in and out of the account. Just go in and put it back:

1) SPG.com and login
2) Quick Links->My Account
3) Manage My Account->My Profile
4) Contact Information->Edit
5) Company Information->Corporate or SET Number
no stays on any other set....

i did just that....the only problem was that i did not remember the number so i had to call & get it....its all good now....
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:40 am

I found this one through a Google search and it gives you most of Gold benefits without achieving Gold status. According to PLT Concierge if you use the SET number and you are PLT your PLT benefits remain. I used the SET number when the hotel only had rack rates and I was able to get about $120 off the rack rate. There is a form to link your account to the SET.

https://www.starwoodpreferredbusines...cfm?set=343537
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Before I go any further, Don't ask, the answer is no unless its a MR question. I'd have to know you real well before even helping out on any board but MR. However, to answer the question, one exists but it can't be published. I'd also add that I find there are some two faced posters on this thread. However I believe its against t&c's of FT to name names.
We won't ask you, but it's not that hard to get ANY corp SET numbers. Just call SPG reservation and mention you work for XYZ company and the SPG res agents book you under XYZ rate and that SET number will show up on your SPG.com profile if you request it.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH diamond
As an alumni who is eligible to use my alma mater's SET code, how do I provide confirmation of my status? There is no ID card to prove our alumni status. Do you think bringing one of the fund-raising letters or alumni magazine w/my name on it is good enough?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:59 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
As an alumni who is eligible to use my alma mater's SET code, how do I provide confirmation of my status? There is no ID card to prove our alumni status. Do you think bringing one of the fund-raising letters or alumni magazine w/my name on it is good enough?
Contact your alumni association and ask for an ID card or letter stating that you are an alumni and eligible for the code.

As for the consensus, the fact that a few people say there is a consensus does not make it so.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Interesting thread.

I have a SET code, and I'm not sure why. I'm a Platinum member for a dozen years, so perhaps they give those out under some sort of criteria...but I am not booking through my company. The code generally gets me the same rate that AAA or AARP offer up, so I'm not certain what advantage I'm obtaining, if any...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Medved
And there is no consensus. You invented it.
Well, let's see.... over about a decade, the SPG board has virtually no SET codes published. Former moderators made it quite clear to one and all that they felt strongly about this issue and that threads that revealed SET codes would be deleted. The scant voices of opposition have consistently been few and far between.

Isn't that the definition of consensus?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:52 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
To be frank, it is against the T&Cs of any sales contract between a corporation and the property to give out the SET code to non-authorised guests.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Moderator Note

Originally Posted by gleff
Agree or disagree, the convention/norm has been that folks don't post these codes in the Starwood forum.

If you're particularly interested, Google is your friend.
As gleff posted some four-and-half-years ago now, the convention in the Starwood forum is that members don't post corporate discount codes.

We have read through this thread again and discussed in considerable detail how this it has gone off track in recent days. It is clear to us that, by far, the largest percentage of forum members prefer things just as they have been for many years. So we see no compelling reason to change this approach.

The posts inviting others to share their corporate SET codes (as well as the discussion surrounding those posts) have been deleted. They will continue to not be allowed, nor will the posts soliciting a private, 'black market' of these codes.

People sharing them amongst themselves, in private, is obviously not of concern to us, but the use of the Starwood forum for mining them is. Members of this board have been are clear that it's not what they want this place to become.

If you have any comments or concerns about this policy, please contact the moderators privately, via the private message system. Do not post them here in this thread, or elsewhere in the forum, as all discussions regarding the actions of moderators must be conducted in private, per the rules of FlyerTalk.

Thank you everyone, for your understanding, even if you disagree with the approach.

AZ Travels the World
& San Diego 1K
Starwood Forum Moderators
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:55 pm

We are back in business.

Thank you Mods!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by sbtinme
Well, let's see.... over about a decade, the SPG board has virtually no SET codes published. Former moderators made it quite clear to one and all that they felt strongly about this issue and that threads that revealed SET codes would be deleted. The scant voices of opposition have consistently been few and far between.

Isn't that the definition of consensus?
There seems to be many cry babies which peruse the forum and complain about the ethics of all this. Lets face it it happens and it is a forum so sharing is one thing and using it another.

Its like having a disclaimer use at your own risk type of situation
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Maybe we can get a FlyerTalk SET code?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think that is actually an EXCELLENT idea ^^^
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Talking

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes; triple X 007 = XXX007

with the license to will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.