Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I have mixed feelings about steering money to the ABA, but I'll point out that you can purchase an associate membership for about $120 (even without a law degree). There are some hotels where you can recoup that in a 1-2 night stay.
Are the ABA rates materially different than the AAA rates?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:20 am
BCH

Thanks to this thread, I looked up my alumni association, and lo and behond: I have a SET. Never thought to do that. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Are the ABA rates materially different than the AAA rates?
Usually they're not as good. However, every now and then, you'll see a premium hotel in a big city (like SF), go for $100/night cheaper with ABA. The ABA membership also gets you deals on Club Quarters stays, which can be useful when big city rates are too outrageous.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP 75k,
I'm ABA member, where can I find the list of corp codes post login? Somehow not able to find the list. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mgodara
I'm ABA member, where can I find the list of corp codes post login? Somehow not able to find the list. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if this is current, but a simple Google search for ABA SPG CODE points to http://www.americanbar.org/content/d...thcheckdam.pdf

Typically the organization/company is the best place to go since they may wish to control who uses their contract. It's not SPG's place to determine who's qualified.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP 75k,
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I'm not sure if this is current, but a simple Google search for ABA SPG CODE points to http://www.americanbar.org/content/d...thcheckdam.pdf

Typically the organization/company is the best place to go since they may wish to control who uses their contract. It's not SPG's place to determine who's qualified.
Thanks for replying. I meant, where can I find ABA corp codes on ABA website post login. Somehow I couldn't find a place where they have mentioned any SET for SPG or any other chain. May be I'm missing something basic here.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mgodara
Thanks for replying. I meant, where can I find ABA corp codes on ABA website post login. Somehow I couldn't find a place where they have mentioned any SET for SPG or any other chain. May be I'm missing something basic here.
I am not a member of the ABA. The link I found is from the ABA site. I don't know if it's current but you can try booking a room to see if you get a good rate (presuming you qualify for the rate). Do they have a forum function like FT? I'm sure there are a few ABA members on FT, but you might have more luck getting an answer on their site, maybe even post a help request there?

Good luck.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I am not a member of the ABA. The link I found is from the ABA site. I don't know if it's current but you can try booking a room to see if you get a good rate (presuming you qualify for the rate). Do they have a forum function like FT? I'm sure there are a few ABA members on FT, but you might have more luck getting an answer on their site, maybe even post a help request there?

Good luck.
The link to the PDF includes the current SET code, but it is otherwise outdated, as it features some properties that no longer exist.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Yeah, like all SETs, YMMV. Just checked LM Etoile in Paris for a weekend at the end of May. 160€ for SPG member, 226€ using ABA SET.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yeah, like all SETs, YMMV. Just checked LM Etoile in Paris for a weekend at the end of May. 160€ for SPG member, 226€ using ABA SET.
Corporate rates are not guaranteed to be the lowest at first glance. Some include additional perks that we may get from status. Corporate travel departments can be fooled into thinking they got a great deal if lounge access is included or free WiFi. I always run several rate codes to get the best deal available for the dates I want. I also check different combination of days for longer stays. Makes me appreciate the days of travel agents.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just wondering, is there a way to see the rate code that was used for a specific booking?
rens likes this.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just wondering, is there a way to see the rate code that was used for a specific booking?
Haven't seen it online for a booking, but usually see it on the folio when I check out.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Doing some planning for future stays, and noticed that all the SPG properties in the U.K. aren’t yet showing any discount for my SET code, whereas all the properties in the USA are.

This raises teh question : how are global SET codes loaded each year ? Is it done centrally for everywhere, or once per country, or individually by each property ?

I’ve seen the same in previous years, where the SET siscounts doesn’t show until the second week of the year, but still curious about the process.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
From my understanding the codes are calculated based on how many reservations the code has had in the past when they did the "negotiation". Within that it takes into account international travel as an option or add-on so you might get certain hotels internationally based on frequent travel patterns of the company. I have had some previous companies that did no international travel and my code didn't work outside the US. I have had one where we negotiated a rate with a specific hotel and that was the only international hotel it worked with. And I've had codes where it worked everywhere. So I think it is all company/property dependent.

Also, as a side note I have been asked more frequently to show ID when using codes than I have in the past. Have had it happen in HK, China and also in the US recently where as the previous 7 years I never had it requested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.