Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Subscribe
I think another thing to keep in mind when posting employer SET account numbers is that some employers specifically frown on this, might even be in writing in their travel policy. I know a former employer I had was very vigilent in enforcing this as they used SET account usage reports from Starwood to reconcile travel accounts. Just a heads up in case this could end anyone up in hot water.
Two more things to keep in mind:

If you decide to use an SET code that you are not entitled to, and the property asks you for confirming documentation at check-in, you just might find yourself staying at the RACK rate for your stay.

If your employer decides to hunt down who violated the terms of their agreement with SPG, that the code is for exclusive use of persons affiliated with the company, they might soon be your ex-employer.
Quote: Two more things to keep in mind:

If you decide to use an SET code that you are not entitled to, and the property asks you for confirming documentation at check-in, you just might find yourself staying at the RACK rate for your stay.

If your employer decides to hunt down who violated the terms of their agreement with SPG, that the code is for exclusive use of persons affiliated with the company, they might soon be your ex-employer.
Honestly I think you are preaching to the choir here. We've already gone over why it's not a good idea to post SET codes several times in this thread, a topic that has also probably been considered by the folks in the other hotel forums as well. If people want to post SET codes, then just LET THEM. It's up to Starwood to decide how they wish to enforce the usage of SET codes and in all honesty, having a four (to six?) digit code that is both visible AND changable during the booking process is NOT in the least a safeguard against preventing this.
yeah i'm sure that is each company's priority
you have got to be kidding me
its not like any of this caveat emptor stuff has never been posted before

Quote: Two more things to keep in mind:

If you want to waste some time, what is preventing anybody from entering in random numbers? I entered in my birthdate because I was bored and it showed up as a Corporate Rate.

Cheers,

Adrian

Quote: yeah i'm sure that is each company's priority
you have got to be kidding me
its not like any of this caveat emptor stuff has never been posted before
Quote: If you want to waste some time, what is preventing anybody from entering in random numbers? I entered in my birthdate because I was bored and it showed up as a Corporate Rate.
Next to google earth, that could be perhaps the second biggest time waster of 2006!

But sure, random numbers (4to6 digits) are possible to generate a SET code.
Actually, SET codes go up to 7-digits. Friend has a valid one from his old employer that is in fact 7.

Cheers,

Adrian

Quote: Next to google earth, that could be perhaps the second biggest time waster of 2006!

But sure, random numbers (4to6 digits) are possible to generate a SET code.
Quote: If you want to waste some time, what is preventing anybody from entering in random numbers? I entered in my birthdate because I was bored and it showed up as a Corporate Rate.

Cheers,

Adrian
What is your birthdate ?

michael
It has a 1, a 2, and 3 7's. I'll let you play with them and figure out the order, maybe you'll stumble across something else. Remember, I said it listed it as a Corporate Rate...never said anything about the rate actually being good.

Adrian

Quote: What is your birthdate ?

michael
Different SET codes work for different properties... so if you use one with an agreement at one property or chain or country or whatever, you may get a great deal under "Company Name", but when you the same SET at another property you might get the generic Chain Wide Discount and no "Company Name" associated with it. There's no rhyme or reason that anyone here will ever be able to deduce. If you have a bunch of SET codes, try them out for the different properties and you'll get different results... sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

And yes, when using a SET code, your folio more often than not will show the corporation's name.
I think it's more a problem with Starwood's databases. I've changed my email address and had it revert back to the old one months later. Same with my credit card, I put my company AMEX in but it reverts to my personal and vice versa

My dream is for Starwood to allow multiple credit cards in a profile (like Marriott, AA & NW do) and to allow multiple SET's (ie: my corporate SET & my organization's SET) in a matrix with rates of the SET's, AAA, Rack, etc. One can dream right?
Quote: My dream is for Starwood to allow multiple credit cards in a profile (like Marriott, AA & NW do) and to allow multiple SET's (ie: my corporate SET & my organization's SET) in a matrix with rates of the SET's, AAA, Rack, etc. One can dream right?
as william said, the hurculean task of accessing multiple databases (really difficult, right? ) won't be available for years.
ibm rate
i found the IBM rate at 1***0 to be very helpful.

it brings down the rate sometimes. .. but sometimes its more expensive.

if i have a property which is cheaper with that ibm rate i ask my friends to book rooms for me and add me as a second guest.

never had problems in doing so.

dp
Quote: Different SET codes work for different properties... so if you use one with an agreement at one property or chain or country or whatever, you may get a great deal under "Company Name", but when you the same SET at another property you might get the generic Chain Wide Discount and no "Company Name" associated with it. There's no rhyme or reason that anyone here will ever be able to deduce. If you have a bunch of SET codes, try them out for the different properties and you'll get different results... sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

And yes, when using a SET code, your folio more often than not will show the corporation's name.
Thats odd, cuz my folio always has:
My Name
Company Name + GP
My Addy
Quote: Thats odd, cuz my folio always has:
My Name
Company Name + GP
My Addy
Ditto for me, when I use the company code.