Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cz4444
Thanks for helping, I will try my luck!
cz4444, if you have the spg amex then you can get the 3rd night for free when you pay for the first two....do a search for the spg amex on the spg thread & you will get some hits....mostly there is not much of a saving but sometimes it works out to be a significant discount....
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Originally Posted by saad
cz4444, if you have the spg amex then you can get the 3rd night for free when you pay for the first two....do a search for the spg amex on the spg thread & you will get some hits....mostly there is not much of a saving but sometimes it works out to be a significant discount....
I have the spg amex and i am aware that of the buy 2/get 3rd free. but, it is unclear which SPG hotel properties offer that.

I recently tried to check online at SPG if the 3rd night was automatically "removed" if we booked a 3 night stay, but the computer system didn't deduct the one night. (I tried to used a SET code, I think it was Z3H or Z3R (???)) but nothing worked....

If anyone knows of any good recent SET codes, pls pass along...

Thx.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by me4tux
I tried to used a SET code, I think it was Z3H or Z3R (???)) but nothing worked....

Z3H is not a SET. It's a promo code and should be entered as Promo code.

It will not work as SET code.

See https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z3H
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gsch
Z3H is not a SET. It's a promo code and should be entered as Promo code.

It will not work as SET code.

See https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z3H
Hi gsch,

Ah! I see that now. You are correct. Thanks very much for your clarification.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:52 am

I have the spg amex and i am aware that of the buy 2/get 3rd free. but, it is unclear which SPG hotel properties offer that.
www.sheraton.com/3for2amex has a series of drop-down menus that will list the participating Sheraton hotels.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Lots of hotels offer it, but if the hotel is using the Z3H/ZHA promo codes, then the offer is is limited to check-ins on Thurs - Saturday as stated in the promos' T&C's. If you're searching for an arrival day of Sun - Wed, then you'll never find availability under these promo codes.

The Z3R/ZRA Resort promo codes can be offered for any check-in date. Some non-resort hotels operate with the Resort promo codes.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, SkyMiles,Avis
Originally Posted by CPRich
Two more things to keep in mind:

If your employer decides to hunt down who violated the terms of their agreement with SPG, that the code is for exclusive use of persons affiliated with the company, they might soon be your ex-employer.
I would be surprised of the latest, au contraire, your employer would be VERY happy since it increase their sales volume with Starwood, therefore making them being able to get a LOWER rate next year ;-)
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by matt_in_yul
I would be surprised of the latest, au contraire, your employer would be VERY happy since it increase their sales volume with Starwood, therefore making them being able to get a LOWER rate next year ;-)
Unless Starwood finds out and eliminates your employer's corporate rate because it's being distributed beyond your company, resulting in rooms producing less revenue than they would without the unauthorized use of your discounted rate.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
My company has its own SET code, which interestingly doesn't always show the cheapest rooms, but gives a much wider selection of rooms, including suites which are otherwise unavailable.

I'm also a member of an industry association, which has its own SET code, almost always showing incredibly cheap deals, including last minute availability of rooms.

My question to the Starwood lurkers: do you have any objection to me picking-and-choosing which SET code I use on any given occasion?

Thanks in advance
/MHL
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:38 am

Which industry organizations typically provide SET codes?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by raptor288
Which industry organizations typically provide SET codes?
Industry organizations which typically book 50+ Starwood room nights per year and have at least a few (3+?) travelers.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
My company has its own SET code, which interestingly doesn't always show the cheapest rooms, but gives a much wider selection of rooms, including suites which are otherwise unavailable.

I'm also a member of an industry association, which has its own SET code, almost always showing incredibly cheap deals, including last minute availability of rooms.

My question to the Starwood lurkers: do you have any objection to me picking-and-choosing which SET code I use on any given occasion?

Thanks in advance
/MHL
You do not need permission to do this. You can use any SET code to which you're entitled and which offers you the best options. Quick example is AAA rate vs corporate SET code, use whichever is best if you're AAA member.

My coporate SET only offers decent rates at cities where there are negotiated rates at specific hotels. So it's worthless at all other cities.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
...My question to the Starwood lurkers: do you have any objection to me picking-and-choosing which SET code I use on any given occasion?

Thanks in advance
/MHL
If you are qualified to use them, I can't imagine that anyone would have an issue with that.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:16 pm
RNE

I am looking at booking a hotel using my employer's SET code, as I always do. I see a notation with the rate information saying "Identification Required." What gives? Is a Company business card good enough identification? My employer doesn't issue ID cards.

RNE, saying, "Is it '1984' already?"
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RNE
I am looking at booking a hotel using my employer's SET code, as I always do. I see a notation with the rate information saying "Identification Required." What gives? Is a Company business card good enough identification? My employer doesn't issue ID cards.
I've never been asked for ID when staying on my employers SET, despite that line always being there.

If they were to ask, I'm sure a business card in the same name as the booking/photo ID would be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.