Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood Privilege programme Asia Pacific [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Privilege programme Asia Pacific [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
No. Only partipating properties in Asia, Europe and Middle East, but not outside this area

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
[B]Does the membership card work for SPG hotels in the USA?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:47 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I just joined. My plan is to keep a spreadsheet to track the savings.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I was very interested in joining, mainly for the 10% discount at Asia-Pacific properties.
Now I found out that you get the same or even higher discount WORLDWIDE if you join an Automobile Association (see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...card-save.html).

Given that joining an Auto club is much cheaper, it seems only worth joining Starwood Privilege if you do it for the dining benefits.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:29 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by DUflyer
I was very interested in joining, mainly for the 10% discount at Asia-Pacific properties.
Now I found out that you get the same or even higher discount WORLDWIDE if you join an Automobile Association (see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...card-save.html).

Given that joining an Auto club is much cheaper, it seems only worth joining Starwood Privilege if you do it for the dining benefits.
The 10% off BAR isn't worth very much, I agree. I did it for the many cheap stay certs in Thailand and for the dining. For a family of 4 it should come in handy when staying at resorts.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by yosithezet
The 10% off BAR isn't worth very much, I agree. I did it for the many cheap stay certs in Thailand and for the dining. For a family of 4 it should come in handy when staying at resorts.
Right. I also noticed that some properties don't give you a AAA discount while they give you the PRV discount, e.g., the beautiful Sheraton Sanya Resort.
Same for the Z3H/Z3R rates (stay 3, pay 2 nights at Hotels and Resorts) which are often cheaper when applicable.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I have a friend who uses my BKK address to enroll Starwood Privilege Thailand. When he used his free night voucher at Royal Orchid Sheraton, he got asked for a copy of work permit. He called me for help and I sent him a work permit renewal page copy, where my name is not mentioned. Thailand memebers without work permit may want to avoid ROS.

Last edited by kats; Jun 17, 2009 at 6:54 am
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:01 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Now I am totally confused. I thought hat 20% off laundry was a standard benefit of the program. Is it just a Thailand benefit?

I'm in the Singapore Sheraton at the moment and they say there is no 20% off laundry but there is 10% off the rate. Upon checkout I'll see if that is 10% off the corporate negotiated rate.

EDIT: Confirmed that laundry is a Thailand card specific benefit.
Yosi,

If you have the PDF of benefits from Starwood Privilege Thailand, it states:

Fully Participating Hotels:
1. Le Meridien Bangkok
2. Le Meridien Chang Mai
3. Le Meridien Chang Rai Resort
4. Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach Resort & Spa
5. Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Bangkok
6. Sheraton Grande Laguna, Phuket
7. Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok
8. Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
9. Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort
10. Sheraton Pattaya Resort
11. The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok

Partial Participating Hotels:
Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel

The list of benefits applies only in Thailand, along with the vouchers.

The 10% off BAR and dining discount covers Asia/Pacific and some Europe/Middle East.

If you want all the documentation, PM me and I'll email you the docs I have.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Yes, what's happening to the Subang. they are doing renovations on some floors so I guess they are not closing, maybe just selling to Hilton?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We've got some travel to AP coming up, and I'd like to check it out. Is there any way to sign up for this program if you live in the US? The online form doesn't work, and they don't list any phone numbers for the US.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriot Bonvoy
Originally Posted by john11111111111
Yes, what's happening to the Subang. they are doing renovations on some floors so I guess they are not closing, maybe just selling to Hilton?

i get this from spg subang under 'special conditions':

Leaving Starwood on September 30, 2009

The Sheraton Subang Hotel & Towers is leaving the starwood system on September 30, 2009. Reservation for dates on or after September 30, 2009 will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest award redemption or accrual. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We've got some travel to AP coming up, and I'd like to check it out. Is there any way to sign up for this program if you live in the US? The online form doesn't work, and they don't list any phone numbers for the US.
Why would there be any phone numbers for the US when the US is not part of the programme.

Figure out WHICH country you'd like your membership to be based from and then call that city's Privilege programme coordinator.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mario33
The package sold in Kuala Lumpur this year does not look attractive at all; with far fewer vouchers and loss of a participating hotel (Sheraton Subang).

Does anyone know whats being offered in Australia this year ?
I have an Australian address and I am considering getting it downunder instead if the package is right.
New Package 2010 sold in KUL offered more free voucher than 2009 version. I just continued my membership in order to enjoy meal at any Starwood outlet.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Putra
New Package 2010 sold in KUL offered more free voucher than 2009 version. I just continued my membership in order to enjoy meal at any Starwood outlet.
Damn, I renewed mine in December !

I guess I knew it coming when they had problem selling the 2009 package, but I was travelling quite a bit in December and thought the card would come in handy.

Care to list the vouchers you are getting
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:01 pm

Damn, I renewed mine in December !

I guess I knew it coming when they had problem selling the 2009 package, but I was travelling quite a bit in December and thought the card would come in handy.

my card was expired in January and was asked to renew in November and promise to get me the latest booklet but didn't. i got 2 same booklet for 2009. i really unhappy with the sale person who dealing with me cos she asked me to help her to hit her target and gave me a sweet empty promises. she then asked me to send back the vouchers to westin and get the new one later in January but i didn't. I'm trying to buy a new membership in the other hotel this year.

i saw the 2010 package which is better are the dining vouchers could be used either lunch or dinner and group dining is now 50% off compared to 2009 and before which is just 25% off.
the room rate for westin has been increased to RM360! they are now giving 3 vouchers for all 3 hotels. the 50% off rack rate and those accommodation certificates also not very interesting to me. i still like those day's package which more vouchers on dining.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:22 pm

1 Pc. COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT STAY CERTIFICATE (NON TRANSFERABLE)

• One Complimentary Night’s Stay:-
• Valid at The Westin KL OR Sheraton Imperial KL OR Le Meridien KL
• Blackout dates: 31st December and Formula One Racing period.

9 Pcs. ACCOMMODATION CERTIFICATES (NON TRANSFERABLE)

• 3 X Deluxe City View room certificate valued at RM360 nett each at Westin KL
• 3 X Executive room certificate valued at RM330 nett each at Sheraton Imperial KL
• 3 X Deluxe room certificate valued at RM330 nett each at Le Meridien KL
• Blackout dates: 31st December and Formula One Racing Period

5 Pcs. 50% OFF THE RACK RATE ACCOMMODATION CERTIFICATES

• 1 x The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
• 1 x Sheraton Bandara Hotel & Towers, Bandara Soekarno-Hatta Jakarta, Indonesia
• 1 X Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Bandung, Indonesia
• 1 x The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Langkawi, Malaysia
• 1 x Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia
• Room only – excluding breakfast
• Valid throughout the entire week
• Minimum 2 nights stay
• Blackout dates: Christmas, New Year and Public Holidays
• Discount applies on each night

1 Pc. THE WESTIN LANGKAWI RESORT & SPA ACCOMMODATION CERTIFICATE (MALAYSIA)
• Stay 3 nights and receive ONE COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT on BAR rates
• Not to be combined with any other certificates

1 Pc. SHERATON MUSTIKA YOGYAKARTA RESORT & SPA ACCOMMODATION CERTIFICATE (INDONESIA)
• RM 650 nett per night inclusive of daily breakfast
• Applicable for Junior Suite Room inclusive of ONE HOUR complimentary spa treatment (ONE TIME ONLY)

1 Pc. THE WESTIN NUSA DUA BALI ACCOMMODATION CERTIFICATE (INDONESIA)
• Free Upgrade from GARDEN to POOL – from RBC (Royal Beach Club) to RBC TERRACE
• Book 2 Pool View Rooms and get a FREE upgrade to a FAMILY STUDIO

STARWOOD PRIVILEGE MALAYSIA BENEFITS

1 Pc. COMPLIMENTARY DINING CERTIFICATE AT LE MERIDIEN KL (NON TRANSFERABLE)

• Complimentary Buffet Lunch OR Dinner at “Latest Recipe” Le Meridien KL for 2 persons
• Valid all week round except for Saturday lunch (ala-carte only)

1 Pc. COMPLIMENTARY DINING CERTIFICATE AT SHERATON IMPERIAL HOTEL KL (NON TRANSFERABLE)

• Complimentary Buffet Lunch OR Dinner at Essence (Mon to Friday) for 2 persons or High Tea (Saturday) for 2 persons.

1 Pc. COMPLIMENTARY DINING CERTIFICATE AT THE WESTIN KL (NON TRANSFERABLE)

• Complimentary” Hurry Slowly” set Lunch at EEST (Mon to Fri) or Buffet Lunch OR Set Dinner at The Living Room (Mon to Friday) or Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at EEST (Saturday/Sunday) or Malaysian Affair/Afternoon Affair at The Living Room for 2 persons (Saturday/Sunday)

1 Pc. COMP. CELEBRATION CAKE CERTIFICATE (FULLY TRANSFERABLE)

• Valid at The Westin KL (except Treats outlet) or Sheraton Imperial KL or Le Meridien KL.
• Valid for 2 persons dining at any of the participating restaurants (except Treats outlet, Westin KL)
• 24 hrs notice in advance to order cake.

1 Pc. COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF SELECTED STARWOOD WINE CERTIFICATE (FULLY TRANSFERABLE)

• Valid for dine-in members at The Westin KL or Sheraton Imperial KL OR Le Meridien KL (except Prime outlet)
• Minimum 2 persons dining
• Can be exchanged for one round of non alcoholic beverages for 4 persons

3 Pcs. 50% DISCOUNT GROUP DINING CERTIFICATE (FULLY TRANSFERABLE)

• 1 x The Westin KL
• 1 x Sheraton Imperial KL
• 1 X Le Meridien KL (valid at Latest Recipe only)
• Enjoy 50% discount off total food bill.
• Valid for a minimum of 6 persons to a maximum of 12 persons dining.

3 Pcs. CERTIFICATES - BUY 1 ROUND OF DRINKS (GLASSES) AND GET THE 2ND ROUND FOR FREE (BAR/LOUNGE) (FULLY TRANSFERABLE)

• 1 X Certificate valid at Westin KL – (Valid at Qba OR at The Living Room bar)
• 1 x Certificate valid at Sheraton Imperial KL – Pavillion Lounge
• 1 x Certificate valid at Le Meridien KL – The Conservatory
• Valid one time use only. Not valid during Happy Hours

1 Pc. CERTIFICATE – CONFIRM A BOOKING OF MIN 30 ADULTS & 15 KIDS EAT FOR FREE @ SPLASH POOLSIDE RESTAURANT THE WESTIN KL (FULLY TRANSFERABLE)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.