Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood Privilege programme Asia Pacific [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Privilege programme Asia Pacific [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 9:48 pm

Starwood Privilege Program for Europe/M.E./Africa

Looks like a Starwood Privilege program has launched this year for participating properties in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The membership offers 5% discounts off prevailing rates (not too great), but the dining offers can be quite a savings. Info here:

http://www.starwoodprivilege.co.uk/website/index.asp
Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Funny to see this thread on the Starwood forum home page. I read the title, and then thought "Wow....that's a program I've never heard of." Then I glanced at the name of the person who started the thread!

I'l check out the particulars of the new program.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:57 pm

I just renewed my Starwood Privilege Club Asia-Pacific membership at RMB 1,988/year. The membership is useable in 84 Asia-Pacific Starwood properties AND 35 European and Middle East properties!

I would reciprocal benefits in Asia for the Europe/M.E. Privilege Program.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:15 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
The membership is useable in 84 Asia-Pacific Starwood properties AND 35 European and Middle East properties!
Program.
Hi,

Is this true? I know this is also on the website, but I did enquire about it when I was at the Sheraton Kobe in Japan and I was informed that it was NOT valid for EMEA region.

Any other backup info on this?

Thanks.

Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Is this true? I know this is also on the website, but I did enquire about it when I was at the Sheraton Kobe in Japan and I was informed that it was NOT valid for EMEA region.

Any other backup info on this?

Thanks.

I just talked to the manager in charging of the program at Sheraton Suzhou and she confirmed the benefits are reciprocal between Asia and Europe. And they "maybe" develop the program into America as well. Anyone interested in getting the card, please PM me.

Last edited by jimmychang; Jul 20, 2007 at 8:01 pm
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
My card was issued in Bangkok, but I had no problem using it throughout Japan.
Now in Saudi with mixed results. Sheraton Dammam recognizesthe card, but Westin Jeddah listed as participating says they aren't evn though Starwood Privilege confirmed that they are.

I used my card in Bangkok and was denied 20% off drinks because my card was not issued in Thailand, however I didnt face this problem in Indonesia.[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 8, 2007, 9:29 pm
Suspended

can i ask if the room rates people get with the vouchers and the website is better than spg.com? Cos to me, it appears that spg.com is cheaper than the marketed rates.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:04 am
Suspended

The SP cost is about equal to 1-night at the Sheraton Pattaya so the program pays for itself. The 2-dinner free certs + 50% on 2 folkseating together are just bonuses, that is when the ALLEGED participating property actually recognizes what they have contracted to do!
Originally Posted by icarius
can i ask if the room rates people get with the vouchers and the website is better than spg.com? Cos to me, it appears that spg.com is cheaper than the marketed rates.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Westin Jeddah now admits they were wrong in denying participation in SP. Sems I was (allegedly) the first so noone knew they joined notwithstanding a printout of the SP website demonstrating participation. So, the previous posting is now moot

Now in Saudi with mixed results. Sheraton Dammam recognizesthe card, but Westin Jeddah listed as participating says they aren't evn though Starwood Privilege confirmed that they are.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 5:52 am

Hi, just curious if you signed up your Starwood privilege program from Malaysia. If so, what is its new membership fee and what do you get? Do you get to ask for more vouchers (if its of any use) if you try to play hard to catch?
Thanks,
David
Old Jan 5, 2008, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidhii
Do you get to ask for more vouchers (if its of any use) if you try to play hard to catch?
You get a MYR50 dining voucher if you are "renewing" your membership.

Playing "hard to catch" for a MYR548 membership programme is just plain silly to me. If you are so hard up for those "tea for 2" vouchers I might just have a couple of unexpired ones for you.

Before I forget, Welcome to Flyertalk
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:55 am

Hi,

They called me today. I forgotten to ask for a supplementary card. But I think generally the package is great if I need to travel to Kuala Lumpur. Here it goes:
RM599/year for membership
Which includes:
3 vouchers for 2 pax dining in the 4 Starwood properties in KL (FREE)
1 night FREE stay which is not transferrable

Other paid vouchers are:
2 x RM250/- night stay at KL *wood properties
1 x RM800/- 3 days 2 night stay at Sheraton Langkawi
1 x RM1,200/- 3 days 2 night stay at Westin Langkawi
1 x RM470/- 3 days 2 night stay at Le Meridian Kota Kinabalu (East Malaysia)

She also said there's an ongoing promotion until end February 2008 that if a card holder dines with minimum of 4 upto 10 pax, 50% discount of the food bill is applicable.

Unfornately I live in KL, so using the vouchers will only mean to spend unnecessarily. But if you are coming in to KL on business, its a good deal.

Regards,
David
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:43 pm

Starwood Privilege centres

Hi,

Anyone know of all the joining centres in Asia? So far, I've only known that there are Thailand, Malaysia (East and West) and Australia. Any other centres to join from?

Thanks...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
Originally Posted by SQ327
Hi,

Anyone know of all the joining centres in Asia? So far, I've only known that there are Thailand, Malaysia (East and West) and Australia. Any other centres to join from?

Thanks...
there should be one in Hong Kong as well
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:44 am
Suspended

but it's waitlisted

Originally Posted by bchl
there should be one in Hong Kong as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.