Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites Plantation, Fort Lauderdale West [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites Plantation, Fort Lauderdale West [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
anyone stayed here lately ? i am thinking of booking 5/6 nights for March on points as we are 2 x couples looking to stay near family who live in Plantation.
I was there a few weeks ago, and will be back next week. Very much a standard 'Sheraton Suites' brand. The rooms have been upgraded somewhat, but a more recent renovation is planned. Decent size rooms, and the staff I interacted with were very friendly, SPG-aware and pro-active with reviewing benefit options.

Breakfast option is full buffet in the restaurant or your 500 points.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Question

Any recent stay experience?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:38 pm
RSW

Programs: NON-REV Extraordinaire. Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta SkyClub
I have stayed here a couple of months ago and it's a great hotel for the points/cash.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:12 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by RSW
I have stayed here a couple of months ago and it's a great hotel for the points/cash.
We are planning to stay a few days prior to a visit to Mexico, normally we stay at the W but for what they are charging $600 upwards in February we thought as it is not our main holiday destination we would stay inland (also close to Sawgrass and being Brits we love to shop). We will have a hire car but choose not to drive at night as like to enjoy wine with dinner, are there any half decent restaurants within walking distance or short cab hop, or is there a hotel shuttle, would appreciate any input, have emailed the hotel but they never got back to us (not a good sign!)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fdemoulin
We are planning to stay a few days prior to a visit to Mexico, normally we stay at the W but for what they are charging $600 upwards in February we thought as it is not our main holiday destination we would stay inland (also close to Sawgrass and being Brits we love to shop). We will have a hire car but choose not to drive at night as like to enjoy wine with dinner, are there any half decent restaurants within walking distance or short cab hop, or is there a hotel shuttle, would appreciate any input, have emailed the hotel but they never got back to us (not a good sign!)
It's a decent enough hotel, but bear in mind that despite being only 10 miles from the coast, this is the proper Deep South: restaurants will be closing at 10pm, etc.

The hotel is directly accross the road from a Westfield Shopping Mall, with mall fare, and some other restaurants like TGIFs and Chili's in the vicinity. Plenty of local restaurants around, with special mention to Gabose, a Korean bbq restaurant.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by fdemoulin
I use to stay there a lot but my last stay would have been over 3 years ago. There is a mall about 1 block away and some restaurants close by like Olive Garden etc.
On Sunrise BLVD there are many restaurants which is only a short cab ride.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
As property does not have a lounge (until renovations are complete), buffet breakfast for two is included for Platinum.

Sheraton Suites Plantation is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation from June 1 - August 15. We are committed to making every effort to ensure guests are not impacted by the renovation. During this time, we will be renovating all guest rooms, corridors and adding the Sheraton Club Lounge.

This place does not really need a renovation. Cypress Creek does.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seawolf
As property does not have a lounge (until renovations are complete), buffet breakfast for two is included for Platinum.

Sheraton Suites Plantation is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation from June 1 - August 15. We are committed to making every effort to ensure guests are not impacted by the renovation. During this time, we will be renovating all guest rooms, corridors and adding the Sheraton Club Lounge.

Leave CC alone, any renovations there and we can kiss its Cat 2 bye bye
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
They are probably seeing increased guests due to the loss of the Sheraton Beach Resort.

So renovating and adding a club lounge is in their best interest in this paticular market.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question many questions, need answers

Originally Posted by seawolf

I read this thread, and I cannot get a good picture of this property (I am planning a stay in Feb 2016............).

The FR just told me they have a lounge (Julie). Seawolf says not. Who to believe? Is it still being built - or not?

The thread has all kinds of horror stories about no WIFI. Has this been solved? Please do not reply unless you have actually had a stay at the property, thx.

The ratings on spg.com are completely at odds with FT reviews. What gives? Are we more picky?

Last but not least, how close is this property to the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Property? Mapquest can't seem to find the latter (??) The FR says they have a comp shuttle which operates within 3 miles of the property. My guess is that excludes the cruise port?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I read this thread, and I cannot get a good picture of this property (I am planning a stay in Feb 2016............).

The FR just told me they have a lounge (Julie). Seawolf says not. Who to believe? Is it still being built - or not?

The thread has all kinds of horror stories about no WIFI. Has this been solved? Please do not reply unless you have actually had a stay at the property, thx.

The ratings on spg.com are completely at odds with FT reviews. What gives? Are we more picky?

Last but not least, how close is this property to the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Property? Mapquest can't seem to find the latter (??) The FR says they have a comp shuttle which operates within 3 miles of the property. My guess is that excludes the cruise port?
1- the Cruise Port is way more then 3 miles away = no free shuttle(I believe The Sheraton FLL (cat3 also) has a free shuttle to the Port, just the SS is a much nicer place and not runned down like the Sher FLL.

2- Id say its apx a 20 min drive (if not longer) West from the airport

3- lounge dont know havent stayed there recently (since it went to a Cat-3) before that no lounge

4- very nice roof top pool and hot tub

5- horror storys maybe due to it being apart of a shopping mall, that the last time there was shut down. So not much to do there and for folks looking for the beach its a long drive
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Not sure what is confusing about my post. It gives dates of the renovation and that a lounge being added is part of the renovations. You are not staying until February.

I also posted the Wifi speed results.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
craz, thanks for all the useful updates.

Seawolf, what I found confusing was Julie's statement that yes, we have a lounge (July 7). Your post seems to suggest its being built at present?

I am not trying to split hairs.............I wanted an accurate assessment from someone who has been there recently?

Currently, this property is very good value at 3,500 SPG points (Cat 2). Is this a recent development?

Last edited by Antonio8069; Jul 7, 2015 at 12:54 pm Reason: additional information
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Currently, this property is very good value at 3,500 SPG points (Cat 2). Is this a recent development?
- Cat 2s are 3k Fri/Sat or 4K the other nights where did you get 3500?

2- I just checked SPG.com and Plantation is still a cat3 = 7k everyday (However The Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek is indeed a cat2 with a lounge. Which is further from the Port = no shuttle, and no where near as nice as Plantation).
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Please do not reply unless you have actually had a stay at the property, thx.
Thanks for letting me know what I can or cannot reply to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.