Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ozstamps
So do these large buses have the 3 different hotels names painted all over them?

Seems very confusing.
that would be nice, however theres a small (yep small) amber digital sign that runs the names of the Hotles (seems to be only 2 Hotels at this time) on the side of the bus that You will enter it on. The buses themselves are of a blueish color with NO markings on it.

when at LAX last week I remember seeing some of the reg Hotel Vans still running, eg. The Sheratons one
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Thumbs down Plat Amenity Gift?

Ok stayed here last week Checked-in at Midnight and asked for the 250 Pts as my Gift before they even asked me or said anything about it.

Got up to my room and on the desk was a letter addressed to Mr.Craz welcoming me back again. There was also a cheese/crackers and grapes on a plate that was covered (how long it was sitting there You got me). I thought how nice another gift for coming back (the 250 pts is the 1st). Well the stay posted but Not the 250 Pts for teh Plat Amenity.

called the Hotel on Fri was told wasnt there a cheese plate in your room, I said yes but I didnt order or request it , if anything I asked for and was told Id get the 250 Pts. After a few mins and the rep speaking to a few others , she said the pts will be in your acct by Mon morn, Not.

Called the Plat desk and they said they will look into it. Just got off with CS Corp and they said they will make sure to put the pts in as well as inform the 4P to have their records indicate that I want Pts and nothing else. Seems that a Hotel is allowed to decide on their own what if anything they will offer/give. If the 4p LAX is going to start this nonesense, Ive stayed there for the last time last week.

So another Heads Up to Plats who decide to stay here.

FWIW, I had 3 other stays last week and all 3 posted with the Amenity Points at the same time as the reg pts did
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I've only stayed at this property about 10-12 times. I've always rec'd the points and the cracker/cheese/fruit plate. The snack is a nice touch, especially when I fly in late, am a bit hungry--but I don't have to go out to eat.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I stay here almost once a month, and the cheese plate is great. There is a choice of cheese or cookies, and if you tell them the system will keep track of your preference.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The bar downstairs is the best part of that hotel. Those amazing imported beers. ^

I recall being there not too long back drinking 10% alcohol 'Dracula Blood' beer from somewhere, with some other Ft'ers.

One made a dash to catch his evening flight to IAD, feel asleep in the UA gate holding pen, and awoke just after the last flight to DC departed for the night, and need to sleep on the floor all night.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mazzer
I stay here almost once a month, and the cheese plate is great. There is a choice of cheese or cookies, and if you tell them the system will keep track of your preference.
If the plate is an extra welcome Gift or if thats what a Plat wishes to take as their Amenity Gift, thats great. I have no need for it that is why I left it untouched. Besides having checked-in at 12:10am and out at 5am.

I did request my Amenity be the 250 Pts and was told its in there now. Its when I called on Fri after the reg pts posted and the 250 didnt that they let it be known to be that that was my AmenityGift. Only after I expressed my disappointment especially since I requested the Pts at check-in and was told its done , did they relent and say it will be there Mon morn.

I really wish that SPG simply make the Points an automatic Default Gift , and you must request anything else that You may want in lieu of the points.

Besides that I really do like the Hotel and stay there whenever I have an early flight back home out of LA. Its usually just a place to catch a few hours of sleep and a couple of hot showers. I usually end up there after driving back from wherever I went to which means anywhere from a 4 hr drive to an 8+ hr drive. ( Once I drove straight there from Moab,Utah just wanted to see the sunset from Delicate Arch again in Arches Nat park)
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:34 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by ozstamps
The bar downstairs is the best part of that hotel. Those amazing imported beers. ^

I recall being there not too long back drinking 10% alcohol 'Dracula Blood' beer from somewhere, with some other Ft'ers.

One made a dash to catch his evening flight to IAD, feel asleep in the UA gate holding pen, and awoke just after the last flight to DC departed for the night, and need to sleep on the floor all night.
Technically it was not just the IAD redeye that I slept through, but also the ORD, JFK and EWR as well....

Stupid Dracula's blood....
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold, US Silver, WN No Luv
Slightly off-topic, please indulge me for a fair warning.
Shuttle bus issues aside, the 4pts LAX is a good, clean hotel.
Anyone considering staying at the 4pts Fullerton/Anaheim however is warned to stay far far away (like, at the 4pts LAX!) The place is a smelly decrepit pit. On the plus side: I could drink my oatmeal from the bowl (since the bowl was so runny) and the drive to LA through Compton was much quicker than expected--- both of which helped me beat a hasty retreat out of there! Maybe SPG is punishing me back for punishing them by taking my business to Hilton and Marriott?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:04 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally Posted by kevinsac
I've only stayed at this property about 10-12 times. I've always rec'd the points and the cracker/cheese/fruit plate. The snack is a nice touch, especially when I fly in late, am a bit hungry--but I don't have to go out to eat.
I stay at this hotel during mattress run season at least once a week (most times I just check in and never stay). The front desk knows me and I rarely even have to provide any ID or credit card anymore.

I always take the points. Every once in a while I get a plate of cookies which are super yummy. How is it that you get the points AND the plate of cookies everytime? Is this a preference I need to have noted in my reservations?

Thanks.

Onedog
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I just assumed that the points are a "program" bonus, and that the cheese/cracker/cookie platter is a "hotel" bonus. There is usually a card with the plate, signed by the General Manager, welcoming me back.

I get similar at the SF Palace. Points when I check in, but also a fruit/choc platter (with a card from the GM) in the room.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevinsac
I just assumed that the points are a "program" bonus, and that the cheese/cracker/cookie platter is a "hotel" bonus. There is usually a card with the plate, signed by the General Manager, welcoming me back.
Exactly. I always get both. I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Sometimes it's put in the room even before I check-in. The welcome plate has always been a "above and beyond" thing that has nothing to do with the Platinum Amenity Choice. I'm really surprised someone told you otherwise.

Which leads to how you might miss out on the welcome plate on occasion. If they've already put your room number on the card for delivery or if it's already been delivered...and then you change rooms at check-in (such as getting an upgrade to a Suite or just changing what you were pre-blocked)...your plate can end up going to your original room and somebody else.

The reverse is sometimes true too. I on occasion get somebody else's plate delivered to my room. They were probably blocked for my room, but I bumped them out at check-in.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 7:34 pm

They don't provide pictures of their finess cener online (always a bad sign). Pictures on the 'net make it look small, pooly equipped and dismal. Comments?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 7:38 pm

They don't provide pictures of their finess cener online (always a bad sign). Pictures on the 'net make it look small, poorly equipped and dismal. Comments?
Old Dec 6, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Four Points LAX - I'm Gold and got a welcome gift and other perks: why?

I've been a frequent guest in the Four Points LAX (about 2-4 times a month, usually trade off between this and the Four Points Culver City/Westside) and usually recieve a nice letter slipped under my door thanking me for staying in this property and reminding me of the features of the hotel, but that seemed to change as of last month.

When I arrived to my room back in Nov. 17, I was not only welcomed by the aroma of a smoking room, but a plate of cookies in my desk. Originally I thought housekeeping forgot a plate from room service but interestingly enough, I also had the usual envelope addressed to me on top of the plate. Of course I was dumbfounded as I'm sure I don't get a welcome gift until I reach Platinum. I just dismissed that this was just compensation since I was placed in a smoking room instead of my non-smoking preference and the fact that there wasn't the usual fridge or easy chair that I usually have in my past stays...

And then it happened again today... Upon check-in, I was asked if I would prefer "points or a movie". Again dumbfounded, I asked the receptionist what she said and was answered with "we have you listed here in this hotel as a Platinum so you get to choose between points or a (in-room) movie". I replied back saying that I'm just 2 stays away from Plat but am sure that I was still a lowly mid-tier. After she gave me a shrug, I decided to concede instead of proving my Gold-ness (besides, unless you wanna save the benefits until you *really* earned the title of Plat, who'd wanna back down from bonus points? ) After a trip on the hotel's snail-pace elevators, I was welcomed to a spacious corner room near the elevators. An hour after settling in, I recieved a knock on the door and was greeted by a hotel employee that delivered me yet another welcome gift, this time with cheese and fruit, as well as the X-mas version of the traditional letter.

All in all, I'm just curious on why am I recieving these benefits. I'm definitely sure I'm not a Plat so I'm just really curious on why I'm recieving all this. I'm sure that it's just this specific property that seems to be recognizing this as I stayed in the Four Points Culver City yesterday, a receptionist that sees me check-in frequently asked if I was Plat and checked the computer to notice that I was still Gold. Of course, the SPG site still shows that I'm now 1 stay away from Plat but definitely nowhere inside yet. I Could it be maybe something that the LAX Four Points does to guests that frequently stay in this property? Nevertheless, I'm enjoying these benefits!

A couple pics of the welcome gift the Four Points LAX delivered to my room:

First stay:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...4/DSCN0714.jpg

Second stay:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...4/DSCN0721.jpg
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:33 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by N751PR
...Could it be maybe something that the LAX Four Points does to guests that frequently stay in this property? Nevertheless, I'm enjoying these benefits! ...
If I was going to venture a guess, this would be it. Enjoy!

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.