Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
As always, a big thanks for confirming those points for me.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
And a bump....

Well my stay at the Four Points LAX has been and gone, so I thought I'd follow up this thread with a quick review:

- It looks like a typical US 3* airport hotel (in other words, grim)

- I was able to use a priority check in line (good)

- Because NZ1 out of LHR had gone technical, I didn't arrive at the hotel until 00:30

- It was therefore nice to find out that this hotel is very atypical for a US 3* hotel in that the bar is open 01:30 (and I really needed a beer at this point) and room service operates 24/7

- I can't say if I was upgraded or not but I was given a nice, quiet, comfortable and reasonably spacious room with a very comfortable bed

- The bar is excellent with a fine selection of beers, many of which are also on the room service menu

- A 4PM check out was no problem!

All in all, it was a good stop over. For comparison, I rate this property higher than the Crowne Plazza LAX. Although a Four Points is supposed to be a lower category of property, the room was as comfortable (and with quieter air conditioning) and the hotel offers a greater range/higher standard of services.

When researching this place, I have seen some people describe the Four Points LAX as frightening. With rooms going for less than $100, I suppose it could attract poor people (and possibly even red necks from the looks of some of the people in the bar at 00:45). If you have a problem being around poor people/red necks then perhaps this property isn't for you!
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:38 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
4pts LAX heads up

Stayed there last week for an early departure
(some promo something or another for some reason forces me to 4pts ^ )

Anyhow, the shuttle bus is now shared with LAX Hilton-
yes you read correctly HILTON(yea what up with that)

So instead of the right hand turn and quick left to the airport route. The bus now circles WAYYYYY around the block(96th St) and goes by the Hilton to pick up guest and boy does it add some time-bigger bus-more people-more luggage-more/longer terminal stops.

Just a heads up, don't cut it too short.

\\//\\//
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:30 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thanks for the info. So, is it a completely new shuttle bus they are using? Do they drop off at the Hilton first from the airport? Both of these hotels are my favorite and they are pretty close to each other and have always had good luck with the Hilton shuttle so hopefully this will increase the frequency as the busses for the Hilton got quite full at times especially if you get a couple of crews in about the same time.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:36 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
This shuttle bus system is part of the LAX settlement with the neighbouring cities to mitigate the air pollution, traffic and noise impact of LAX. Instead of restricting cars, LAX decided to force all hotel shuttles to be shared by 3 hotels, and to run on a reduced frequency. Thus the larger buses and longer routes. All hotels that run shuttles to LAX are affected (no matter how far from LAX they might be). The shuttle change is expected to reduce air pollution at LAX by 3%, fwiw (at the cost of thousands of wasted hours for LAX travelers).

As for increasing bus frequency, that is not up to the hotels, but is regulated by the airport. The shuttles are allowed so many loops per hour, and no more (doesn't matter if there are pax waiting for pickup or delivery). In practice it seems to work OK, but I can see peak times being a problem.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
number_6 has got it down

just recently stayed at the westin lax, and it too (like most lax hotels now) shares a shuttle bus with 2 other hotels (holiday inn and la quinta, i believe)

upon arrival at lax at 10:30 pm this past sat, we waited 30+ minutes at terminal 4 for a shuttle, which was full as we barely fit into it with our luggage; the driver passed a lot of folks at terminals 6 throuh 8 shuttle stops

the sheraton shuttle (currently individual) ran much more frequently as I saw it 4 times during my wait; i probably saw the 4pts-hilton shuttle twice during my wait; next time i park my car at the westin, i'll be rolling my luggage towards terminal 2 until i see that damn shuttle
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:22 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Well, sounds like LAX is going to more of an SFO style shuttle bus arrangement. Which is not a good thing as I seem to wait forever at SFO for a shuttle bus and have always been pretty happy with LAX shuttle bus frequencies. Definitely appreciate the heads up.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:32 am
Suspended

seems the answer to get to the 4P is to either cross over to the Term 2 area where one will have a better chance of getting onto it, if arrived from The Bradley Term (Intl Building) onwards. Or in the 4Ps case jump onto either a Budget, Renaissance or the ES shuttle as all 3 are next to the 4P.

Of cause this works great if one has carry-ons only or a case on wheels but arent loaded down with bags.

Last edited by craz; Sep 17, 2006 at 3:22 pm
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Thanks for the info. So, is it a completely new shuttle bus they are using?
yes-big gray one

Do they drop off at the Hilton first from the airport?
Do not know-had a rental car drop off and took their shuttle bus to 4pts

Both of these hotels are my favorite
shhh don't need to admit that in public

... as the busses for the Hilton got quite full at times especially if you get a couple of crews in about the same time.
it is REALLY crowded now
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:31 am
Suspended

Stayed here last Weds night. caught the 5:30am Shuttle which came at 5:25am . a good thing they have the New buses as they would have needed 4 of the old to get everyone on.

The 1st Bus filled up to the max, got most evryone on and headed Straight to the Airport. The 2nd Bus took the rest and didnt go out the reg Exit but crossed in front of the hotel in the Hotels Parking Lot and made a Left turn on 98thSt ? Guess it headed over to the Hilton.

wonder what would have happened if there were enough people to fill Both of the Buses would those at the Hilton have to wait till both buses dropped everyone off at the Airport before going back to pick them up or maybe there are more then 2 Buses at any given time? Dont know and dont wish to find out the hard way, just happy they pick-up at the 4P 1st.

Heads Up for other Plats: at check-in I asked for the 250 Pts as my Gift, was told its now in there. Got up to the room there was a Cheese and crakers with some fruit on the desk with a Welcome back note. The credit for the Stay posted but No 250 pts. Called and was told didnt You get a Cheese and... in Your room as your gift? I said I asked for the Pts at check-in and didnt even touch the plate that was left. Was told that they would send in for the 250 Pts , Ill wait a few more days to see if it posts before getting the Plat Desk involved. 1st time this has happened to Me at this Hotel.

Last edited by craz; Sep 17, 2006 at 9:37 am
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
I dont mind if hotels get shared busses - if this means shorter comunting time as it makes no sense to stay 'chain' sensible and drive around much more.

there are just two things I would like to see:
a clear indication which bus I would have to take (aka numbers would be great) and a schedule which I can access through the web to actually get an information so I know if I have to hurry or have enough time left.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by windwalker
Stayed there last week for an early departure
(some promo something or another for some reason forces me to 4pts ^ )

Anyhow, the shuttle bus is now shared with LAX Hilton-
yes you read correctly HILTON(yea what up with that)

So instead of the right hand turn and quick left to the airport route. The bus now circles WAYYYYY around the block(96th St) and goes by the Hilton to pick up guest and boy does it add some time-bigger bus-more people-more luggage-more/longer terminal stops.

Just a heads up, don't cut it too short.

\\//\\//
I just walk across the street and take the Budget Car Rental Shuttle bus, runs every 5 minutes... and goes directly to the airport

Oops.. I just read post #6. Sorry for the repeat posting.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
So do these large buses have the 3 different hotels names painted all over them?

Seems very confusing.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:13 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Originally Posted by ozstamps
So do these large buses have the 3 different hotels names painted all over them?

Seems very confusing.
they have. and at least in sfo I remember they also do have a person running at the airport shuttle station around knowing which bus is which, like a kind of oversight, but that was at the international terminal.

it is just helpful to have the name and address of your hotel with you - I screwed up last time when I did not remember if I was in the holiday inn or holiday inn express and then north or south

so know the name of the hotel and look at the signs on the side and or search for the person. And you always can additionally ask the driver.

Usually all of them are very friendly.

It also may be a good idea to ask the hotel - they may tell you which shuttle is 'theirs' and which other hotel they share it with. it is like a puzzle - oh the 4p and hilton but not XXX so it must be the wrong one!
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If you are staying at the Westin LAX take the Thrifty bus - the new shuttles are hopeless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.