Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I have mixed thoughts about this property.

Originally Posted by El Boocho
I .... disagree that this property is decent. I found it to be a dump. It was barely 1 step up from a low-budget motel. Many of the rooms open directly to the outside (i.e. no inside hallway). The room I had was old, smelly, and very poorly sound proofed.
Close to my sentiments. Maybe not a dump, but close to it. Never got a Platinum upgrade......but my thoughts are "If I don't pay for it, I should not expect it." Sound has never been an issue for me.

I will also agree with several others.....the staff has been outstanding. Some of the most personable staff of the many hotels at which I stay. ^
Old May 4, 2006, 1:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Any breakfast experiences at this property?
Old May 4, 2006, 11:29 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Motion122
Not too bad. They have a breakfast buffet @ somewhere around $12 with the usual suspects: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fresh-cut fruit, cottage cheese, oatmeal, cereal, milk, etc. They serve Starbucks coffee as well. It was some of the strongest coffee I've ever had a hotel, which was much appreciated.

Don't miss a trip to T. H. Brewsters. They have a fascinating, and tasty, list of imported beers.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old May 4, 2006, 1:35 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
...Don't miss a trip to T. H. Brewsters. They have a fascinating, and tasty, list of imported beers.
And worthy US microbrews -- many quite rare and otherwise unavailable in Los Angeles. Things like Mendocino Rasputin. The beer bar at the LAX 4Pts is a highlight of US hotels and really has an astonishingly large (and good) selection.
Old May 4, 2006, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Motion122
A few months ago, there was also a big plate of lox, and a couple of other non-usual suspects, which were improvements from the average buffet.
Old May 4, 2006, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
A few months ago, there was also a big plate of lox, and a couple of other non-usual suspects, which were improvements from the average buffet.
Hmmm. Now that you mention it, I think there was lox, bagels, and cream cheese as well. Also add yogurt and waffles (no, not on the same plate).

Just checked the folio and I paid $16 total, but some of that was probably a tip.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 4, 2006, 2:02 pm

What time is THB open till? I am staying there tomorrow night arriving at midnight. THB sounds interesting!
Old May 4, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Originally Posted by miles_kay
What time is THB open till? I am staying there tomorrow night arriving at midnight. THB sounds interesting!
I believe THB stays open at least till 1 am.
Old May 4, 2006, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by miles_kay
Looks to be open from noon until 1 AM. There was a lady waitress that had what I thought to be a mild German accent. I was a little overwhelmed by the choices, so I told her that I usually like to drink Heineken when I'm drinking an import, so she made a recommendation based upon that. Then another. Then another. Finally had to take a break to eat something, LOL. Then I had a couple more. This from someone who had a six-pack in his refrigerator for more than a year. Anyway, it was a very interesting experience and left me a little homesick for it when I moved over to the Westin a couple of days later.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 6, 2006, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I was a little overwhelmed by the choices
Next time, remember they have "flights" of beers where you get I think 5 or 6 mini glasses of different ones on a sheet that lists the names. I liked being able to try and compare several different styles at once.... while using wi-fi too!
Old May 22, 2006, 8:30 pm

Location: MEM -- ex-DL PLT, then NW PLT by choice, now DL again.
Theft / Fraud at 4 Points LAX

Started new post.

Last edited by stemor; May 22, 2006 at 9:39 pm Reason: Starting new post.
Old May 23, 2006, 3:09 am

Programs: SPG, HH, UAMP, AEPL, DC
I have always found this to be a very good property. It is generally much cheaper than the Sheraton or Westin and while it doesn't have Exec floor, lounges, etc., the upgrades are generally pretty good (ie, the junior suites with a large seating area, decent desk, etc.). The brewpub as others have said serves decent food (I don't drink so can't comment on that aspect of it) and for more variety it is a short walk to the enormous Marriott on Century Blvd where there is also a Kinkos off the lobby.

The one thing to avoid here IMHO are the rooms that open directly to the street (ie, no interior hallway access). The noise may not bother you, but unless they have been renovated recently, they are pretty dismal in terms of furnishings, bedding, cooling systems, and so on. Even as a Plat you can end up with one of these rooms when the hotel is really busy.

This is a tourist hotel more than a business hotel, vs. for example the Westin at LAX. But the staff are very professional (although read the other thread on FT about an episode of billing fraud at this property) and very friendly. I recommend it.

I also recommend renting a car...this is LA not NY or SF!
Old May 23, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fanoftravel
I have stayed at the Four Points LAX many times. The hotel is fine - clean, nicely furnished but modest rooms. I have always been treated very well by the staff. You will definitely want a rental car. Try Alamo, Fox or, if you bid early enough, Priceline. Enjoy Los Angeles.
If you are booking a rental car use Budget. They are right across the road from the the hotel, very convenient. It means if you arrive late at night you do not need to pick up the car until the next morning. If you leave early in the morning you can drop off the car the previous evening. I also use the Budget bus to get to the hotel, it runs much more frequently than the hotel shuttle.

One last thing... this hotel has very slow elevators
Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Have gold card but first stay at a Starwood Property (4pts LAX)

Ok, technically speaking not my first time at a Starwook property (first was a grim Four Points in Independence Ohio a few years back and that was pre FT) so here goes:

I have a Starwood Gold card because of my Amex charge card and picked the Four Points LAX because the 4PM check out benefit is a no brainer. Reason for staying is a night's sleep between long haul flights (oh, and the pub sounds excellent for a night cap or three after an 11 hour flight from LHR).

Anyway, thinking in terms of perhaps getting a slightly better room (and a comforbable bed in a quiet spot is the main the main thing here), am I better calling the hotel in advance and making sure they have my Starpoints number?

Should I arrange the late check out in advance of arriving?

Also, does the hotel offer a complimentary shuttle to/from LAX or am I better off just getting a taxi?
Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Welcome to Starwood!

The four points brand isn't luxurious, but it provides a clean environment with a very comfortable bed at a decent price.

You can either call the hotel, or SPG Gold customer service (number is on the back of your card) to make sure they have your gold number. Some hotels do upgrade gold members to higher floor rooms, if not suites. I wouldn't expect a suite upgrade as a gold, however. Your best bet is to email the hotel directly and ask them if they would put you in a better room or suite. It never hurts to ask. If you call the hotel directly, the agent will most likely tell you they will do their best when you check in. The hotel manager will also most likely not take your call.

As far as the 4pm late check out goes, you are guranteed the 4PM check out at this location (not all, however). When you check in, just mention to the agent that as a gold SPG member, you'd like a late check out. If they deny your request, kindly remind them that this is a gold benefit and if they check with their manager, it shouldn't be a problem. If that still doesn't work, mention that you will contact corporate customer service regarding this issue. (Hopefully they will get the hint and you will not have any issues) You do not need to call in advance.

The hotel does offer free shuttle to and from the airport. Just go down to the curb and look for a small bus with four points marked. If you arrive in the middle of the night, give the hotel a call and ask someone to come pick you up.

Safe travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.