Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers - Kobe, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Removed old information
Print Wikipost

Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers - Kobe, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:09 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Kobe to Osaka, Shin Osaka and Kyoto

The total time to Kyoto from Island Center Rokko Liner is a little more than one hour. From Island Center pay 240 yen for adult to Sumiyoshi (last stop) to take JR line. For Kyoto you will be buying a 1050 yen ticket. Take track 2 from Sumiyoshi to Ashiya. Should be three stops. Any train towards Kyoto from Sumiyoshi will stop at Ashiya. You will arrive at track 2. You need only walk to the otherside of the same platform to track 1. From track 1 you are taking the Shinkaisoku which the Hotel told me would be blue line. It was five stops from Ashiya to Kyoto. The is kinds like a express train. The nice thing is that this train stops at Osaka Station and Shin Osaka before reaching Kyoto. That means those areas also become very accessible from Kobe. Regards from Kyoto
Old Mar 19, 2006, 6:13 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The total time to Kyoto from Island Center Rokko Liner is a little more than one hour. From Island Center pay 240 yen for adult to Sumiyoshi (last stop) to take JR line. For Kyoto you will be buying a 1050 yen ticket. Take track 2 from Sumiyoshi to Ashiya. Should be three stops. Any train towards Kyoto from Sumiyoshi will stop at Ashiya. You will arrive at track 2. You need only walk to the otherside of the same platform to track 1. From track 1 you are taking the Shinkaisoku which the Hotel told me would be blue line. It was five stops from Ashiya to Kyoto. The is kinds like a express train. The nice thing is that this train stops at Osaka Station and Shin Osaka before reaching Kyoto. That means those areas also become very accessible from Kobe. Regards from Kyoto

Thanks again RTWStaralliance for another thorough and thoughful report. Too bad your wife couldn't join you for another short vacation to Japan. We may have to pick you brain later in the year for what worked and what didn't work during this most recent trip.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
deleted

Last edited by schriste; Jul 28, 2009 at 8:47 pm
Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:11 pm

Stayed here back in July, and found it to be quite pleasant. The concierge was extremely helpful in recommending and reserving a table at a local Kobe beef restaurant. The room was not exceptional but more than adequate. The only negative was that its location was a bit distant from downtown.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:06 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Sapporo Sheraton is a good bang for the buck

Originally Posted by monahos
I have not stayed at the Kobe Sheraton, but cannot believe it would rank below the Sapporo Sheraton, which is IMHO no better than a japanese Holiday Inn (which at least feature flat TVs, automated toilets, and climate control able to tame the effects of Hokkaido sunshine on a winter day )

Standard rooms at the Sapporo Sheraton sport the same molded plastic tub found in all Japanese business hotels, with toiletries of the same ilk (tearaway shampoo 'pouches', tiny soap and towels, etc.), certainly not Molton Brown.
I stayed in Sheraton Sapporo during the Japan's Golden Week in the first week of May, 2006. I have to defend the service of Sapporo Sheraton. Among all the Japan Starwood hotels I have stayed (all the Tokyo ones, Sapporo, and Osaka), Sapporo Sheraton has the best personalized service. One example is that I was very impressed that the manager had time to choose an prefered room for me before I arrived and give me a written note in my room. There was no plasma TV, but there was a flat screen 24 inch TV. The bathroom was no marble bathroom like the one in Westin Tokyo. However, you pay 8000 yen ($C 80) in Sapporo VS 34000 yen ($C 340) a night in the Westin Tokyo (which has LCD flat pannel TV). I did not expect Sapporo Sharaton to match the same luxury level as the Westin Tokyo. At that time, I was still a Gold member. I would imagine I would get better service and possibly a suite upgrade since I am newly minted platinum.

There was automated toilets in my room and there was temperature control in my room. There was also Sweet Sleeper beds (as they put an advertisment pamphlet on the bed making sure you know you're getting it). It was tearaway Sharaton branded shampoo and body wash and there were the standard Sharaton robes. There were some face cream and other body lotion. If I remember correctly (correct me if I am wrong), it was made by Shiseido for Sharaton Sapporo.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Update on Plat Benefits

As nothing has been posted in this thread for a while I thought I would give an update on Plat benefits at the Kobe Bay Sheraton:
  • Breakfast is now also served in the lounge on the 19th Floor from 7 am (although as a Plat you can still use the main restaurant for the "full" buffet breakfast (from 6:30)
  • Internet access is now free of charge for Plats
  • You get a nice bowl of fruit in your room (strawberries & icing sugar my favourite)

The hotel are also really accomodating towards plats. A colleague of mine (who says there as often as I do) recently booked a non-refundable rate. His plans changed and he called the hotel. After speaking with the Duty Manager they cancelled his room without charge.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Limousine bus from KIX

Can someone please comment on how frequent the bus service is from KIX? I may come in on SQ at 5:25AM and leave out later in the afternoon on UA to SFO. The Kansai Nikko is crazy priced. Also considered the Hyatt. Thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Can someone please comment on how frequent the bus service is from KIX? I may come in on SQ at 5:25AM and leave out later in the afternoon on UA to SFO. The Kansai Nikko is crazy priced. Also considered the Hyatt. Thanks.
http://www.okkbus.co.jp/timetable/un...ix_rki&mode=en
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:45 pm

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Any recent updates on this property? Have a couple of free weekend nights to use and am trying to decide between Kobe and Osaka.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by jkm024
Any recent updates on this property? Have a couple of free weekend nights to use and am trying to decide between Kobe and Osaka.
If you are in Osaka/Kobe area as a tourist, I would choose to stay at Westin Osaka because of the location and nice Plat benefts. I like the larger recently renovated exec lounge of the Westin. If you spend more time in your room, Kobe Bay Sheraton would be nice too. They will probably put in a nice suite on high floor. I like their suite but not the location. I would not spend free nights at Sheraton Miyako Osaka.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:54 pm

hello,

I want to have 1-day stays with this and another hotel to take advantage of FWN- is it possible with this and sheraton miyako or westin osaka? would it be difficult to transfer between the two?

Last edited by hypermodern; Jun 30, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Kobe Bay Sheraton

Stayed at Kobe Bay Sheraton recently, with the following Plat benefits:

Room:
The hotel arranged us on the Towers floor (club floor) but no suite upgrade as they said the hotel was full (we didn't bother checking the website and just took their words for it). In terms of size, the Towers Room was just like a regular room, but with slightly better amenities such as coffee machine, Japanese hair tonic products (which we didn't use), Japanese facial cleanser products (which we didn't use), Welcome dried fruit snacks.

Breakfast:
They gave us breakfast coupons, so you can choose to take your breakfast at the lounge (continental breakfast), or on the 1/F coffee shop (buffet breakfast).

Lounge:
The lounge is very small, probably two rooms converted into a lounge. The selection is very limited. But the team is very friendly and very helpful.

Other benefits:
-Access to fitness area and pool which normally costs around Yen 3000
-Free internet access
-Late check out at 4pm

Other than that, there isn't much else. The hotel is very dated (but very clean). As others have mentioned, it's located on a man-made island which is in middle of nowhere. You need to either take a shuttle bus (Yen 360) or a monorail train (Yen 240) in order to get to the JR station.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:31 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Which of the three Kinki area airports is easiest to get to from this hotel using public transit? Saturday morning, if that makes a difference.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
i found the rate just 7900Y/night, should i stay at this hotel to save money instead of st.regis osaka???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.