W-Bed. Has anyone purchased one?

Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Question W-Bed. Has anyone purchased one?

Hello.
I recently received an Email offer from W Hotels for 20% off their beds.
Long story short,I bought a mattress from the W store web site.

However when it arrived it didn't say "the W bed" Instead it said "Simmons worldclass beautyrest Templeton extra firm".

Now the web site does says it's made by Simmons, but it also says it's made exclusively for the W Hotel and is unavailable anywhere else
(as I was also told very excitedly by a sales rep on the phone)

My problem is I have no idea if I've received the "exclusiveW hotel bed" that was advertised on the web site.Or has the wrong one been sent? Or have I been lied too being as the "Templeton" is not an exclusive W Hotel model.
I've emailed the W Hotelstore customer service 4 days ago, but have received no reply.

Has anyone else brought the "WBed" and if so ,what did it say on it?

Thanks for any help
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:31 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
only thing i can think of -- go to a w hotel, and ask to look at a room, and then check out th ebed
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Hello.

Yes I think I'll do that and in the meantime, I'll have my CC with hold the charge until I get some answers.

Thanks for the reply ^
Old Nov 3, 2005, 10:11 am

FWIW, I bought the Heavenly Bed and it's also a Simmons Bed but it DOES clearly state on the pillowtop "Heavenly Bed" as well on the sides of the matresses.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Just out of curiousity, how much did it cost and what were the shipping fees?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Hello.

Well I've put a "dispute" hold on payment so let's see if that gets anyones attention at the W Hotel Store.

I cannot help but think that I've been sent a "similar" bed, cos if the beds were so "exclusive" you'd think they'd sticker the hell out of the bed.

FWIW, with 20% off a Cal-King pillow-top came to $975 all in . Free shipping, no sales tax.Free delivery,free old bed haul away.

I'll let you know what happens and if anyone is presently staying at a W Hotel please take a look "under-the -hood" and see what your bed says! ^

The tag on the bed I received was on the right hand side of the bed attatched to the Pillow-top.

Thanks again to everyone who's replied
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: NW, Marriott, Starwood
Wish you had posted this a little earlier, I just stayed at the W TS for the past couple of days -

I had heard so many good things about the W bed that I was considering getting that instead of the Heavenly Bed - and the 20% card I got at the hotel was a plus. But when I got to the room the bed was nothing special so I undid the sheet to see what the mattress looked like (pillow top, etc.), I didn't look for a tag. Now I wish I was staying another night, just to take a peek. I wasn't impressed with the bed at all - now I'm wondering if it was just an ordinary Simmons after all.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Which W bed?

In my experience, there is not a single "W bed." The bed at the W HNL is very different from the bed at the W SAN, which is different yet from the W NY-The Court. (Fortunately, while different, they're all nice.) I wonder which one they are selling. My bet would be that it is actually the Heavenly, pillowtop bed, based upon what people have said.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
My bet would be that it is actually the Heavenly, pillowtop bed, based upon what people have said.
Yes ,except that "aslsigner" who brought a "Heavenly Pillow top" says that it states clearly that it is a Heavenly pillow top etc.

Mine however is not clear that it is anything to do with the W hotel or its Mattress products at all

Again people, Let's get those sheets off and have a look if you're staying at a W Hotel. Heck, lets get a list going of exactly how many different types of "W Hotel" beds there are out there!
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
i have one at home

i bought the W bed in june 05. when i get home this weekend, i'll take a look for tags. but, since the delivery guy had me help him haul it upstairs and i had a pretty look at it, i don't recall seeing the W logo anywhere on it. it's as comfortable as hell ... er heaven, so i'm happy with it.
i'll post what i find from the tag inspection later on this weekend.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: United 1k SPG Platinum Marriott lifetime Titanium
I bought and purchase the W Hotel bed last year. It says Simmons Beautyrest on it also on the tag states STARWOOD 425 PLUSH. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jocelynt
I bought and purchase the W Hotel bed last year. It says Simmons Beautyrest on it also on the tag states STARWOOD 425 PLUSH. Hope that helps.
This is why "Flyertalk" rocks ^ ^

Thanks for the feed back Jocelynt.

Well I finaly got a call back from customer service and ,yes, I was sent the wrong bed!
But bed tag info. such as that posted by jocelynt is very helpful so that I can check the replacement to make sure it's the real deal ^

I'll follow up when the replacement arrives.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: AA - Plat, SPG - Plat, Hyatt - Diamond, Marriott - Silver, Avis - First
I'm staying at the W this weekend and will check out the mattress.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
As you have probably surmised the Heavenly Bed, the Sweet Sleeper Bed, the W Bed and, I assume, all other *Wood beds are made by Simmons. I just bought a new mattress a few months ago and went to a Simmons mattress dealer and tried out all the Simmons mattresses. I always considered the Heavenly Bed to be very, very good BUT after trying out some of the other Simmons mattresses I found one that makes the Heavenly Bed seem downright uncomfortable! Its so thick you need a ladder to climb onto it! Its pricey ($2,400 discounted down to $2,000) but it is amazing!

I would suggest checking out some of the other Simmons mattresses and find the one you like best.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1k SPG Platinum Marriott lifetime Titanium
You're very welcome.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.