Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
St Regis NY - is it worth it?

I have a 1 night stay coming up in Manhattan. I have stayed at many of the *W hotels in NY but never the St. Regis. Is it worth using 30,000 SPG points for 1 night vs any of the other hotels? Do Plats receive good treatment here?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by steven_s
Staying at the St Regis at the moment, was upgraded from standard to Grande Deluxe. Was hoping for at least an Astor Suite but was told at check in that I was already upgraded two categories and if I wanted an Astor Suite it would be another $800 a night on top of the rate I am already paying.
If an Astor Suite is a Platinum-upgradeable suite, this is a textbook case of misapplication of the rules. I would have immediately opened a case file with Corporate Customer Services.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I'm doing some research into a possible weekend trip to NY. When I was with Hilton, I would book a 750-900sf 1 bedroom luxury corner suite at the Waldorf=Astoria for $525-625/night. The St. Regis is asking $950/night for a standard room! Is the St. Regis that much better?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Condition One
I'm doing some research into a possible weekend trip to NY. When I was with Hilton, I would book a 750-900sf 1 bedroom luxury corner suite at the Waldorf=Astoria for $525-625/night. The St. Regis is asking $950/night for a standard room! Is the St. Regis that much better?
My only experience with the St Regis was two years ago. My brother and I used SPG points to put up our parents for 2 nights. They got upgraded to what I suppose is a suite, one category above an entry-level suite. It was extremely impressive -- we've had to carefully manage their NYC hotel expectations since -- but I think we got quite lucky.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any recent experience? Looking to cash in on the 3rd night free promo offered in January. I was thinking of booking through FHR. I was hoping that SPG plat+ FHR would = great upgrade.... This is a really special trip, and if there was ever I wanted the awesome upgrade, it would be this...

FDW
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG PLAT
Stayed at this prop a few times. I always enjoy. Was upgraded last time to an Astor Suite with no problem as plat. Room was excellent, full living room and sep bedroom, 2 bath. Butler service was good and the car service was even better. Needed to go uptown and was given a free ride in the hotel Mercedes much further than I was told they would take me. I have stayed in many NYC hotels and the SR NYC is not to be missed, if the price is right.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:33 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
You might want to look into the CONFIRMED one cat upgrade offered by Virtuoso as a better route than FHR at this property. Perks are the same as FHR, minus the afternoon tea
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Got upgraded to the Bottega Veneta Suite last week on a points reservation. They told me that it was a one-time upgrade due to vacancy issues. No complaints here
Old Apr 24, 2011, 4:08 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Got upgraded to the Bottega Veneta Suite last week on a points reservation. They told me that it was a one-time upgrade due to vacancy issues. No complaints here
And what did you think? Did you take photos etc?
This is one marquee NYC suite I have yet to visit
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
And what did you think? Did you take photos etc?
This is one marquee NYC suite I have yet to visit
LOL. I thought the exact same thing. Why would you mention you got a special upgrade but provide absolutely no details?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:34 pm

St. Regis New York - Help please!

I have a 3 night reservation in a Dlx Room at the St. Regis in Manhattan the 2nd weekend of August. I have a corporate rate of $550 per night which still seems a bit pricey when compared to past stays, though not exorbitant. It's about $200 cheaper than the lowest standard advertised fare. I wonder if there are any promotions available that could either be added on, or used to obtain a preferred nightly rate? If not, are there any special packages or summr/fall 2012 promotions that would be advantageous eitherway, when added to this booking?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:14 pm

Have a corporate rate for a Deluxe Guest Room at $550... would like to upgrade to Grand Luxe at the very least but have no current SPG Points to apply and it's not an option with my corp. acct.

Any 2012 Summer/Fall promotions that could be tacked on or applied for an extended weekend in August, that would be equal or preferred to my current rates, offering anything additional in the way of upgrades, services, benefits, etc? Any better prices out there?

Thanks!!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, HH Diamond, HY Explorist, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Au, UA Ag
Originally Posted by OliverB
Have a corporate rate for a Deluxe Guest Room at $550... would like to upgrade to Grand Luxe at the very least but have no current SPG Points to apply and it's not an option with my corp. acct.

Any 2012 Summer/Fall promotions that could be tacked on or applied for an extended weekend in August, that would be equal or preferred to my current rates, offering anything additional in the way of upgrades, services, benefits, etc? Any better prices out there?

Thanks!!
Most weekends in August seem to have an SPG50 rate for a Grand Luxe Room for $572.50. If you don't have an SPG50, you can redeem 1,000 SPG points for one. Or you may be able to trade for one over in the Coupon Connection.

Alternatively, if you were traveling enough to high-end hotels, you may want to consider signing up for an ABA (American Bar Association) membership. You need not be a lawyer to join. ABA rates seem to be coming in at:
Superior = $495
Deluxe = $550
Grand Luxe = $600

If you are staying for 3 nights, then you can take advantage of the hotel's 3rd Night Free offer.
Deluxe = $895 (averages out to $597 per night)
Grand Luxe = $945 (averages out to $630)

Their 3rd Night Free offer is available directly on the hotel's site (under 'Offers'). The hotel is also offering the same 3rd Night Free promotion with Virtuoso. The rates are the same, but Virtuoso rates come with:
* Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability (up to the Astor Suite category)
* Daily Continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests, served in Astor Court
* One $100 credit towards spa services (30 minute services excluded, does not apply to spa products)

When combining the Virtuoso upgrade with the 3rd Night Free, you can essentially get a Grand Luxe for $597 per night or an Astor Suite for $630 per night.

Virtuoso rates earn stay credit/points and are available to anyone who books through a Virtuoso agency. There is a fair amount of discussion in the Luxury forum about Virtuoso.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did the property say when you called to ask?

When you call the property directly (not the 800#), you can find all kinds of great rates. Don't refer to them as promotions or discounts, just ask what the best rate is that they might be willing to offer.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Question re: Butler service

We are reserved for five nights in December. I read a review on their website and one of the reviewers said the Butler service was invaluable.

We recently completed our second cruise with Silversea. We had butler service but other than welcoming us, we really had no interaction other than saying hello when we passed. Our friends often had room service for breakfast that he served but that too was it.

Wondering how people feel about it and how they use it.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.