Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:42 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
I have taken the buses myself and yes, they are a good way to get to the hotel(s).
But there is no free hotel shuttle bus which picks you up from each terminal and drops you off at the hotel.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Could I just clarify - I will be arriving at T5 - it looks to me as if its the 423 bus which goes to Sheraton Skyline - is it Harlington Corner where I get off? And is the skyline on the same side of Bath Rd or on the opposite side?

The next morning I need to go to T3 - am I correct that there are many buses that go to Heathrow Central Bus Station - and then you walk to T3? Or do you take another bus?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Not quite sure if this is best place to post (mods please move if appropriate)

I managed to get a Friday night room at Sheraton Skyline for only £45 (incl VAT @ 17.5%) through this site:

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airpo...er-hotels.html

Seems to work in a similar way to Priceline in that the hotel you are booking is not disclosed until after you pay - however - by the description of the hotel it was very obvious it was the skyline (reference to Restaurante - italian - and also that pool was closed for refurbishment until April).

Best deal I could see on spg.com was £59 + VAT = £69 - so the savings of £24 will go towards dinner.

BTW - any comments about the Italian restaurant at Skyline?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by forextrader
Could I just clarify - I will be arriving at T5 - it looks to me as if its the 423 bus which goes to Sheraton Skyline - is it Harlington Corner where I get off?
No ! It is the previous stop: New Road, right after the Bolton's Lane stop and in front of the Marriott. The Harlington Corner stop for bus line 423 when coming from T5 is not located on Bath road, but on the Northern Perimeter road, which involves a longer walk and road crossings.

And is the skyline on the same side of Bath Rd or on the opposite side?
On the same side when you arrive from T5.

The next morning I need to go to T3 - am I correct that there are many buses that go to Heathrow Central Bus Station - and then you walk to T3?
Yes.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
The following special condition is listed on the web site for the restaurant. Just in case you are arriving those days....

"Al Dente Ristorante Closure
Please note that the Al Dente Ristorante will be closed for diner on Saturdays and Sundays until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are happy to welcome you in our Sports Bar & Grill or alternatively via our Room service."
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the club lounge at the Sheraton Heathrow open on weekends? I will be arriving on Sunday morning. Also, which free public bus works to the Sheraton LHR? Does the hotel offer free wifi anywhere? lounge?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
IAlso, which free public bus works to the Sheraton LHR?
From which terminal ?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I will be coming into T4 on NW from MSP

Does the Sheraton Heathrow have free wifi anywhere in the hotel?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Nov 7, 2008 at 5:13 pm
Old Nov 8, 2008, 5:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I will be coming into T4 on NW from MSP

Does the Sheraton Heathrow have free wifi anywhere in the hotel?
No free wifi last I was there -- the small McDonalds (fast food restaurant) across the street has free wi-fi, but power outlets will be an issue there (so go there with your battery fully charged and plan accordingly). Be careful crossing the street.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 5:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
From T4, you have to get to T1/T2/T3 (via Heathrow Express) and head to the Central Bus Terminal/Station. Bus 75/76 go by the Sheraton Heathrow. U3 goes close to it but you need to get off by the Chinese restaurant and walk from there because then the bus heads over away to Uxbridge I think.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by GUWonder
From T4, you have to get to T1/T2/T3 (via Heathrow Express) and head to the Central Bus Terminal/Station. Bus 75/76 go by the Sheraton Heathrow. U3 goes close to it but you need to get off by the Chinese restaurant and walk from there because then the bus heads over away to Uxbridge I think.
Heathrow Express no longer serves T4. To get from T4 to the central station (T1,2,3) you need to take Heathrow Connect. HEX now goes direct to T5 from T1,2,3 station.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info everyone, that's a shame there is no free wifi at the Sheraton LHR even for Club level guests. After reading some other reviews, it seems that the lounge is not open on Sunday, the day I arrive. Im going to be a little upset if I paid for a club level room and the benefits are limited. I should have picked the Skyline!
Old Nov 9, 2008, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

The Italian is very good and for the standard of food we had (admittedly it has been a while since we last ate there) the prices were reasonable too.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Soundproofing at the Heathrow property is abysmal, and views are nonexistant. At least the public bus is free. Staffing is so poor there are frequent lines at the front desk.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I decided to book the Skyline for my last overnight this past Sunday to see the difference between the two hotels for myself. Still a great rate at 59GBP but 10GBP more than I could have had the Sheraton Heathrow for.

Transportation, very nice option at the Skyline is to just go to the central bus station stand between stand 19 and 20 and grab the first of many buses that come along. The bus stops are better situation at the Skyline also IMO.

The Skyline has a much nicer lobby and common area than the Heathrow. There was no line at check in and only saw a few people waiting at any given time. Staff was very nice.

We did eat at the Sports bar and it was pretty good and had decent prices. It is bar food with the exception of a special curry menu specials listed and since the cooks are Indian my wife thought it might be pretty good and it was. My food was also good as was the service. I really wish the Italian restaurant was open as that was much more to our liking but understand the closure.

As a Plat I was upgraded to a 3rd floor exec room and the room was really nice and definitely larger than the Heathrow. The bathroom was much nicer and larger at the Skyline than the Sheraton Heathrow.

Exec lounge was actually much busier than I expected on a Sunday evening. It is very nice and had some decent hot food offerings. I thought the wine they served sucked though. The free wi-fi in the lounge along with a couple of workstations available for use is better than the Sheraton Heathrow which only has a couple of old crappy laptops nailed down to a counter top for use. Breakfast in the lounge was good and the staff did a very good job.

All in all, the Skyline is a much better property in about every way. Having said that....depending on price and length of stay I would not hesitate to stay at the Heathrow especially since me and my wife like the Chinese restaurant down the streat from the Heathrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.