Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RAPC
They have re-sealed some of the 3rd floor bathrooms and cleaned out the fans above the bath / shower. A few showers were also replaced that weren't working properly. I didn't think anything more than that has been done, unless some rooms needed a new bath, or sink area as a repair.
That would be defined as maintenance rather than renovation.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by stimpy
That would be defined as maintenance rather than renovation.
Indeed, just trying to explain why someone may believe they have seen a renovated bathroom.

I asked my SPG corporate account manager (based in London) on Friday if they had done any recent renovations to the rooms. She didn't believe they had beyond the information I posted in my last post.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I am here at the Sheraton in a 3rd floor room...first time here. I can't believe FT'ers recommend this place. The lobby stinks of stale cigarette smoke, the 3rd floor hallways have torn wallpaper, stained carpet, scratched doors, even my room has writing on the wall (in marker). The bathroom was clean and renovated likely within the last 5 years or so. After seeing the hallways, I asked for a room in the Club Wing, and all they did was move me closer to the elevator (not!)

Food at the restaurant was passable but by no means excellent, and service was atrocious. I had to flag down someone to approach my table (after a 10 minute wait) and again to get my check. And the restaurant was maybe 1/4 full. Biggest table was 7 people.

I usually do not write bad reviews, but I will never stay here again...Sheraton should be ashamed to call this one of their hotels. I've stayed in renovated Motel 6s that were as nice as this place.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Bonvoy LTT, Centurion, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I am here at the Sheraton in a 3rd floor room...first time here.
Hear hear... I was there at the Sheraton Heathrow last night, you're right, that hotel is a dump! I've stayed there manby times over the years simply out of convenience, but no more.

I wouldn't listen to others praising the 'remodeled' lobby either.. Because it's a facade to an establishment that's otherwise in shambles. The hallways on the 3rd floor are orrendous, torn carpets, huge stains of water or whatever leaks on the floor... The door to my room was so worn out that I'm sure I could've closed it with the deadbolt extended out!

Took some pictures to show my wife, and she thought I had stayed at a seedy motel.

The Sheraton Heathrow is an embarrassment to the Sheraton brand, and I wonder why it hasn't been stripped of the "Sheraton" brand like the Sheraton Manhattan which was nowhere as bad as that hotel.

Funny enough, the SPG.com hotel reviews, dating back to January 2015, the manager's reply to negative reviews is "we have a refurbishment coming in 6 weeks (that was January 2015) that will fix everything"... Nah man, it's still a dump as we head into 2016.

Also, the reviews on SPG.com are not compeltely honest: case in point:

Read this fantastic reviews:

Given by the same person who also wrote this same review on an earlier stay at the same identical hotel, without any of the so called 'renovation improvements' to the rooms in between the two reviews.

Last edited by NickinTO; Oct 23, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:34 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Is it Sheraton Hotel (not the Skyline) you're talking about? I personally have never stayed there as I rate Sheraton Skyline so much more than the other one.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:52 am

Yes, it was the Sheraton...I read an earlier response on this thread talking about the great Indian restaurant at the Sheraton..so I decided to book at the Sheraton as all I wanted to do was to grab dinner, grab some winks, and grab a cab to LHR....

...not knowing that in subsequent responses, the previous poster updated his message to confirm the good restaurant was at the Skyline. *Sigh* And Nick, thank you for your confirmation. I knew I was exhausted and perhaps a bit harsh...but it's reassuring to know my perspective wasn't completely out of whack.

And I can accept run down hotels in certain situations...I'm willing to pay $50 a night for a Travel Lodge near Cedar Point...it's clean, it's safe, it's close. Same goes for Red Roof Inn when I'm having fun on the BMW driving circuit.

I just don't want to be paying $100+ USD a night for a run down hotel...that should be a good representative of the Starwood Brand. And it's a shame, because the current first floor public areas and the actual room furnishings...they were okay. But the carpet, ceilings and doors need complete refurbishment...and the bathroom caulking needs bleaching or replaced. So it made the entire hotel look 'dowdy'. I'm sure the property takes a beating with high nightly turnover and varied clientele, but the variation between the online pictures and the real thing was unbelievable. I'm just sorry I was too tired to take pictures for everyone. But if you look on TA, and scroll through the lobby pics, you will see photos of torn/stained carpet, water-stained ceilings, doors that have been kicked in or heavily scratched/patched that represent the current condition.

For the next trip, Skyline, Marriott, or somewhere farther off property it is!

Last edited by navi_jen; Oct 25, 2015 at 7:25 am
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Yes, it was the Sheraton...I read an earlier response on this thread talking about the great Indian restaurant at the Sheraton..so I decided to book at the Sheraton as all I wanted to do was to grab dinner, grab some winks, and grab a cab to LHR....

...not knowing that in subsequent responses, the previous poster updated his message to confirm the good restaurant was at the Skyline. *Sigh* And Nick, thank you for your confirmation. I knew I was exhausted and perhaps a bit harsh...but it's reassuring to know my perspective wasn't completely out of whack.

And I can accept run down hotels in certain situations...I'm willing to pay $50 a night for a Travel Lodge near Cedar Point...it's clean, it's safe, it's close. Same goes for Red Roof Inn when I'm having fun on the BMW driving circuit.

I just don't want to be paying $100+ USD a night for a run down hotel...that should be a good representative of the Starwood Brand. And it's a shame, because the current first floor public areas and the actual room furnishings...they were okay. But the carpet, ceilings and doors need complete refurbishment...and the bathroom caulking needs bleaching or replaced. So it made the entire hotel look 'dowdy'. I'm sure the property takes a beating with high nightly turnover and varied clientele, but the variation between the online pictures and the real thing was unbelievable. I'm just sorry I was too tired to take pictures for everyone. But if you look on TA, and scroll through the lobby pics, you will see photos of torn/stained carpet, water-stained ceilings, doors that have been kicked in or heavily scratched/patched that represent the current condition.

For the next trip, Skyline, Marriott, or somewhere farther off property it is!
This place really isn't that bad and it is quite cheap by London and even Heathrow standards. Are there better hotels around, of course there are but they can go for double the price or more. It really isn't that unusual for the Skyline to be twice the price too.

Is it the best Sheraton ever, no it isn't, but it is a damn site better than some US Sheratons I have come across. Just don't expect it to be palatial, expect it to be in keeping with it's price point in the area and you can only be pleasantly surprised.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:51 pm

Land, you are right, it was pretty cheap by UK big cities standards. It feels like they ran out of money after doing the first floor public rooms and the rooms themselves. If it wasn't for the scratched up door, stained carpet or the one piece of marker on the walls, I admit, my room was not that bad. But the hallways were pretty gross...I think that's what was so surprising and jarring were the dichotomy between the public spaces. Enter thru a pretty nice lobby, get on the lift, wander into the elevator lobby on the 3rd floor elevator and you get hypnotized by what the hotel could look like (the Club Wing), then you realize you've been relegated to the beaten up part of the hotel. I feel like I was sucker punched.

And you have a point about the Stateside Sheratons. They are not all wine and roses either. Guess that's why I always try to stay at a Westin, if possible

I'm back on topic now. Proceed others

Last edited by navi_jen; Oct 25, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Staying here tonight (Heathrow Airport):

Place is quite nice, carpets impeccible, bathroom (3rd floor) has definitely been renovated. Room, a little small, but modern and extremely clean.

Best to ignore the naysayers as I suspect most of them are those trolls who frequent TripAdvisor and post really stupid comments.

Easily give the place a good rating.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GaryZ
Staying here tonight (Heathrow Airport):

Place is quite nice, carpets impeccible, bathroom (3rd floor) has definitely been renovated. Room, a little small, but modern and extremely clean.

Best to ignore the naysayers as I suspect most of them are those trolls who frequent TripAdvisor and post really stupid comments.

Easily give the place a good rating.
Glad you are having a good stay. Even more pleased to hear that you appear to be in a room that has had a bit of a renovation or TLC applied.

Renovations have been scheduled in, but at the time of previous posts they had not arrived.

Your feedback is welcomed, but please do not insult previous posters (myself included) by suggesting that we are trolls for negative experiences. It is unnecessary rudeness IMO.

I hope the rest of your stay goes well and that others have good experiences at the Sheraton Heathrow.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I'm in need of a hotel for a LHR layover. Reading the last few pages of this thread, it appears that Sheraton Skyline is better than Sheraton Heathrow. How much better? I can get a BRG at Sheraton Heathrow for GBP63 all-in (plus 2000 BRG reward points), or use C&P at Sheraton Skyline (3.5k points + $66); the Skyline cash rate is GBP125. Is Skyline worth an extra $80 in either points or cash?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
This summer I spent about 30 nights at the Sheraton, and one at the Skyline just to get a comparison. The newly-renovated rooms at the Sheraton are excellent, I really can't fault them. I'm not sure what the status is now but from my last chat with the business manger there they should be almost complete. The Skyline was very good, but definitely not worth paying the difference given how good former is now.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
Now that you'll always get a renovated room at the Sheraton Heathrow, it must be hands down the Sheraton Heathrow that should win. Whilst the Skyline has bigger rooms, the Sheraton Heathrow has done an excellent job with their renovation!
The new beds are very comfy, I like the day bed next to it and the wifi is now individual by room, making it very strong.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by jpdx
Is Skyline worth an extra $80 in either points or cash?
For a few $$$ more, maybe, but for $80, not really.

Other than for the reasons already mentioned, for SPG elites the evening lounge offerings are now similar (unless you particularly like plane-watching, in which case the Skyline wins), and in the morning you get the full restaurant breakfast at the Heathrow vs the limited lounge breakfast at the Skyline.

The only other pro-Skyline factor I can think of is that plat upgrades to one of the 2 suites seem to happen more often there than at the Heathrow.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
One more factor in favor of the Skyline is the indoor pool. After an umpteen-hour flight a nice swim feels great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.