Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wahoodude23
I booked 3 night in August on cash and points - SPG Gold Status. The room says city view, newly renovated.... how do I know if I'm in an ANNEX room?
They won't put you in the Annex - as a matter of fact, I was told by the hotel recently that the Annex was closed or closing and would be renovated into meeting/convention space. In a way it's a shame, because booking the Annex deliberately (rates were often 99-120/night) often yielded an upgrade to city, mountain or water view based on SPG status and availability.

Even if the rooms were still open, I'd be shocked if a Gold was placed there, C+P or not. My free room at the Moana (points only) was upgraded to a Ocean/Diamond Head view room before arrival. In any event, the Annex rooms were 'no view', not 'city view', so there is about a nil chance you will be sleeping there, even if the wing is still open.

I wouldn't fret over it.
Old May 15, 2008, 11:12 am
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Starwood forum, wahoodude23. When you're back from your trip, come back and let us know how you got on.
Old May 29, 2008, 9:50 pm

Just got back from a 4-night stay at the Sheraton Waikiki
- Booked Mountain View room, requested a high floor and received floor 25.
- Asked about an upgrade as SPG Gold, but was told the hotel was sold out. I also had just flown all day from BOS and was sweating profusely since I hadn't changed yet so I'm sure that had something to do with it
- Was pleasantly surprised to see that my "Mountain View" room had the ocean visible from the balcony
- Was able to receive 2pm late checkout
- Lei greeting...a nice touch, especially for such a large resort
- Although the hotel has been there forever, it's in nice shape.
- Newly renovated room had everything I needed (coffee maker, fridge, hot water pot, LCD TV, safe)
- Excellent location to everything Waikiki
- No resort fee or other hidden fees
- Parking $15/day, easy in/out (<5 min walk from car to room)
Overall a great stay, I'd definitely come back, although I think the next time I'm in HNL I might want to splurge.
Old May 30, 2008, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
They won't put you in the Annex - as a matter of fact, I was told by the hotel recently that the Annex was closed or closing and would be renovated into meeting/convention space. In a way it's a shame, because booking the Annex deliberately (rates were often 99-120/night) often yielded an upgrade to city, mountain or water view based on SPG status and availability.

I wouldn't fret over it.
I booked Annex room during the 7/4 weekend last year when I made an early decision. Now as a plat, do you think i will be upgraded during the sold out weekend or I might be still stuck in the annex room?
Old May 30, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by anchor79
I booked Annex room during the 7/4 weekend last year when I made an early decision. Now as a plat, do you think i will be upgraded during the sold out weekend or I might be still stuck in the annex room?
THere is no longer an Annex.
Old May 30, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA 2P, Bonvoy Gold
NB - Self parking is now up to: $20 per night, Valet now up to: $26. Valet is the way to go, every time placed a call from the room, car was ready and waiting by the time I schlepped all the way down.

Highly recommend skipping the hotel breakfast and heading to Eggs-n-things, some of the greatest pancakes west of the Mississippi.

The hotel has started renovations on the suites the _02 suites...
Old May 30, 2008, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by LAXjoe
NB - Self parking is now up to: $20 per night, Valet now up to: $26. Valet is the way to go, every time placed a call from the room, car was ready and waiting by the time I schlepped all the way down.

Highly recommend skipping the hotel breakfast and heading to Eggs-n-things, some of the greatest pancakes west of the Mississippi.

The hotel has started renovations on the suites the _02 suites...
You are correct...sorry I got confused with anoter hotel. Self-parking is $20/day.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:35 am

are the renovations completed for the suites yet? Which side of the hotel do you guys prefer more? the side towards diamond head or the other? please suggest!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anchor79
Which side of the hotel do you guys prefer more? the side towards diamond head or the other? please suggest!
Diamond Head -- the view is spectacular.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Diamond Head -- the view is spectacular.
Amen. My favorite view in Hawaii.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
i had straight ocean view 2 times ago, where i could see diamond head to the left. this last time i had diamond head with parital ocean and i think i did like it better

Last edited by chanp; Jul 1, 2008 at 2:56 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:44 pm

I was here this summer. I booked via priceline and when I got there I was "upgraded" to a newly renovated roo, even though I was not a *wood preferred guest member. The room wasn't facing Diamondhead, but it still was a nice room. It was very clean and decorated nicely and new LCD screen help sparkle it up nice as well as save space.

It was way nicer than the room I had on the Big Island, but I guess that's what you get when you renovate.

Overall it was good for the price and location.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Great stay made fabulous by the staff

My Sister and her Husband celebrated their anniversary at the Sheraton Waikiki and had a fabulous stay.
They found a great rate on SPG.com,under $200 a day for an oceanview with b'fast for two.
They were upgraded to a deluxe ocean front in the remodeled tower.
My Sister is picky and can be less than gracious if she is dissapointed/P.O'd=but she had nothing but wonderful things to say to say about the hotel,the breakfast,and the grounds.She had very high praise for the staff of the Sheraton Waikiki.

She and her husband are very much looking for a return to this property very soon.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Hi bigguy,

Thanks for the review from your sister.

The Sheraton Waikiki, IMHO, gets unfairly slammed and is my choice of hotel on Waikiki. I can usually get a rate much, much better than the other *Woods and get treated very well.

I miss the days of booking an Annex room for $120, though. That was always sweet to get upgraded from that rate. <sigh>
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL,
Hello,

I just got back home. I thought someone had asked if I was going to some conference in mid-November at the Sheraton Waikiki. The answer is no -- just vacation. I will be there from November 13-16.

Update on Eggs 'n Things: It's closed for another month! Friends got back from Hawaii just last night. It's moving to a new location. That's all I know. I am disappointed too.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.