Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OzTraveller
I am sure I read somewhere that the Sheraton Waikiki has a "pay for upgrade" price offered at check-in. Does anyone know if this is still available and,if so, the approximate cost for an upgrade to full Ocean View
I recently stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki and I think you could upgrade to Ocean View for $75. Note that there are different types of number of ocean view, see my upcoming post about this hotel.
Old May 14, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Gold stay experience

I'm SPG gold and decided to have a one night stay here on my way to Australia. The lobby are is still being worked on, but everything else seems finished. The hotel is nice and right on the beach. For a one day stopover, this was a great option. There's lots of shopping around and I enjoyed the Mai Tais watching the sunset

Now for the upgrade info. The guy who checked me in told me SPG gold member gets a 1-2 category upgrade. The hotel has 7 room categories. They are:
1. City view
2. Mountain view
3. Partial ocean view
4. Ocean view
5. Ocean Front
6. Deluxe Ocean front
7. Large luxury ocean
And then Suites
Here's a rough idea of the location of the rooms. I've got a better picture, which I'll try to attach.
http://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/acc.htm#

I went from the cheapest city view to a partial ocean view, which basically means that if you looks sideways from your balcony, you can see the ocean. I got a VIP room key, which gives you a 15% discount on food in the hotel. If I come back to HNL, I'll probably stay here again, but book a mountain view room instead. I also got free internet, which was great, cause I thought that was reserved for platinums only ^

That's what I can think of right now. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I'm SPG gold and decided to have a one night stay here on my way to Australia. The lobby are is still being worked on, but everything else seems finished. The hotel is nice and right on the beach. For a one day stopover, this was a great option. There's lots of shopping around and I enjoyed the Mai Tais watching the sunset

Now for the upgrade info. The guy who checked me in told me SPG gold member gets a 1-2 category upgrade. The hotel has 7 room categories. They are:
1. City view
2. Mountain view
3. Partial ocean view
4. Ocean view
5. Ocean Front
6. Deluxe Ocean front
7. Large luxury ocean
And then Suites
Here's a rough idea of the location of the rooms. I've got a better picture, which I'll try to attach.
http://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/acc.htm#

I went from the cheapest city view to a partial ocean view, which basically means that if you looks sideways from your balcony, you can see the ocean. I got a VIP room key, which gives you a 15% discount on food in the hotel. If I come back to HNL, I'll probably stay here again, but book a mountain view room instead. I also got free internet, which was great, cause I thought that was reserved for platinums only ^

That's what I can think of right now. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer
I just stayed here for two nights. My experience was similar with respect to the upgrade and free internet. I am gold too. Even their highest speed internet is not the best though....so if you want to stream video content or do skype...well expect choppy calls and lots of video buffering. Such quality given that they would normally charge $25 for their 'fastest' is scandalous.

There is a lot of construction going on now. The new 'playground' pool is open and as one might expect it is a playground...full of kids. The pool around the back is closed for refurb....is this going to become a more adult area? Opening in Sept the sign says.

The inside ground floor is all torn apart too. One has to go the second floor via an escalator to reach the elevator. It appears that they are going to put in a Peets Coffee there eventually but right now it is a foldout table from which they're selling Peets drip coffee in a thermos.

This is my third stay here and each stay gets a little bit better....but it is still not where they should be.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 1:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
recent Plat stays?

Any recent Plat upgrade experiences here?? Esp. chances for a suite?

I have an upcoming week long visit in early Sept. and would love to check out the new pool area, but am hesitant to move my stay from the Surfrider after their awesome upgrade history for us.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:13 am
Yub

We had two stays at the Sheraton Waikiki in April. For our first stay, we were pre-assigned a non-smoking ocean view room. At check in, I asked about the availability of a suite, and was told that only smoking suites were available. We were told that the smoke odor may not be bad as the suite was recently renovated, and opening the sliding doors to the two lanais would allow the breeze to go through the entire suite. We were given single-use keys to check both rooms. Fortunately, the suite had no odor at all, so we went with the suite.

We were very pleased with the suite. It was a Pualani Suite on the 30th floor. On this first stay, we were here only for one night. At check out, I asked about the availability of this suite for a two night stay later that week, and the associate was very kind to assign it to our reservation.

To get an idea of the location of the room, check out this floor plan. It is the _02 room on the left side of the drawing: http://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/uplo...el-enlarge.gif

You can find images of the Premium Ocean/Pualani Suite here: http://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/rr_images.htm

Both stays were at a $149/night Travelzoo special rate.

Previous stays were upgraded to _36 and _65 rooms. At the time, these had not been renovated and I would avoid them if possible.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I live in HNL and occupancy is at record lows - and low season begins after Labor Day. I often stay here for a Saturday night "date night" with my wife and always get a suite, usually one of the renovated oceanfront. We stay once a month or so.

If you have your heart set on the new pool - yes, it is nice - but it is shared with the Royal Hawaiian and you have to get down there very, very early if you want to secure a chair. When they used to have both pools (and it wasn't shared) getting a chair was never an issue.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
I'll be in Honolulu for a week in early November. For a Gold member staying on points is there a general consensus regarding which is the better hotel...the Sheraton or the Westin? Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I have booked an Ocean Front King bed room for October on the Endless Escape rate. As a gold, what type of "upprade" might I be surprised with, if at all?

Does this propeprty still have a guest laundromat?

Thanks

Last edited by Downunder girl; Aug 2, 2009 at 8:49 am
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:29 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Can anyone on the SPG board help me with the questions above please?

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
I have booked an Ocean Front King bed room for October on the Endless Escape rate. As a gold, what type of "upprade" might I be surprised with, if at all?

Does this propeprty still have a guest laundromat?

Thanks
When I was gold, this property probably treated me better than any other. My first stay, I was upgraded from Manor Wing to a renovated island view. Second time, upgrade from standard city view room to ocean front with stellar views of Diamond Head (my favorite view in the world). That said, I don't know what they would upgrade you to if you're already booked in an Ocean Front...maybe a larger room and/or higher floor?

No info on the laundromat. Sorry.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:46 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
...Does this propeprty still have a guest laundromat?...
Internal data suggests that this hotel has a 24/7 coin-operated laundry available to guests. Allegedly $1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Post #152 just above has some good info.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:43 am

Superpool for young kids?

We will be traveling with small children (5 and under). Can anyone comment on the new superpool and whether it is worth it to stay at the Sheraton instead of the Westin? (Royal Hawaiian is outside of our price range) We plan on spending some time every day at both the pool and the beach with the kids. If we didn't have kids, we would probably prefer to stay at the Westin based on all the room/hotel reviews here. However, Westin's pool area just seems so small from the pictures....

Also, just how tiny is Sheraton's beach? Is there at least enough room for the kids to build sand castles and wade into the water? Does the beach area disappear at high tide?

Does anyone know what the current plan is for suite renovations? I have read that some suites have been renovated but some have not. Will they all be renovated at some point?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
The beach area in front of the Sheraton is small, but all of Waikiki beach is at your disposal. You can walk for just a minute or so and have PLENTY of beach to build sand castles.

I never think it's worth considering the pool in Waikiki, since the ocean is right there. Pools, with their chair systems, just create stress where there shouldn't be any.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by clublounger
I never think it's worth considering the pool in Waikiki, since the ocean is right there.
I agree 100%, however, if you're looking for a good pool for the kids, the Moana would not be it. It's not much bigger than a large spa. I haven't been to the Sheraton since the new pool opened, but from what I've seen, that's the way to go if a pool is important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.