Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Not able to sign up SPG, keep saying address/post code not valid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

When I tried to sign up an account on the SPG website, it keeps giving me the error that the City/Postal code field is not valid. I googled my address and 100% sure the address and postal code are correct. I live in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Anyone here has ever countered this kind of situation and how did you get it solved?

Thank you
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by ryanlo4lol
Hi guys,

When I tried to sign up an account on the SPG website, it keeps giving me the error that the City/Postal code field is not valid. I googled my address and 100% sure the address and postal code are correct. I live in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Anyone here has ever countered this kind of situation and how did you get it solved?

Thank you
Double-check that you have "ON" as the "state/province" and that it is accepting "CA" or "Canada" as the country. It's been awhile since I helped someone fill out a new account form. Sometimes, just entering the postal code (in the US, the Zip Code), making sure the country field is also blank, will fill in the city and country fields automatically. Try that.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
My parents had the exact same issue. It wouldn't take their Canadian address (kept saying the city was invalid). They called the customer service number and their advice was to use Toronto as the city (with Ontario, Canada) and to enter in a Toronto postal code so that the form would submit. After that worked, customer service suggested they just go into their account profile and change their address to the proper one. That worked for my parents, so hopefully it works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.