Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Convento do Espinheiro, Evora, Portugal, left SPG 15 Feb 2018 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Convento do Espinheiro, Evora, Portugal, left SPG 15 Feb 2018 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
SPG Platinum here and intending to stay at this property. Anyone have experience with the property recognizing Platinum breakfast benefits on POINTS bookings?
Breakfast benefit applies to revenue and reward reservations. I believe you will have to give up your 500 point Platinum amenity however.

Check the wiki here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...nefit-142.html
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it feasible to visit without a car? Planning to travel by train from LIS.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
When we went, we took the express bus from LIS.
IIRC, it took around 3 hours and was a very affordable, comfortable ride (free WIFI in the bus). There's a bus terminal in LIS which is a short taxi ride from the hotel where you can arrange tickets + grab a beer etc.

When we went, Convento do Espinheiro was happy to send a complimentary car to pick us up from the Evora bus terminal to the resort and it worked seamlessly. In fact, we had such good rapport with the driver that we hired him for a tour a few days later. He took us to some unknown places that were simply stunning, all for (again) a very reasonable price.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TerryK
I would clearly say no but as we can see other people think different. Would find it inconvenient without one and hiring a car wirh driver should be more expensive than only a car. But to be fair I'm an absolute cartype and always try to avoid public transportation
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:21 am

I was there last weekend without a car. I used taxi services - it is about 10 eur from hotel to center/train station.
I came to Evora by train - it was very comoftable trip.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:17 am

Thumbs up

Thanks for your review, pics and response about points Bookings being offered breakfast as a benefit (most likely in lieu of points). THe points are good value here so think I might switch my booking for 2 rooms from paid to points.

thanks again!

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Breakfast benefit applies to revenue and reward reservations. I believe you will have to give up your 500 point Platinum amenity however.

Check the wiki here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...nefit-142.html
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:25 am
Suspended

Left SPG

Word is this property left SPG unannounced. Guests staying there at the moment with valid SPG bookings are being told their stays will not accrue any points or stay credits with SPG. Staff is in the course of removing all LC signage from property and spg.com shows no availability for bookings.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
That is really sad, I loved this property and was planning to return.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That's a cheap way to get an SPG hotel off my top 5 bucket list. Shame.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bummer! I enjoyed my stay at Espinheiro. It is a great property.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
That's really sad
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's too bad. It was a wonderful and unique property. Maybe they're not happy about the competition with Design Hotels in Portugal that participate in SPG or maybe they don't want to become a MarRIOT.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I really wanted to stay in this hotel before EOY
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Indeed, it does seem quirky hotels seem less interested being affiliated with MaRiot. Let's hope Marques de Riscal, Maria Cristina and Alfonso XIII don't get any ideas..
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by remymartin
Indeed, it does seem quirky hotels seem less interested being affiliated with MaRiot. Let's hope Marques de Riscal, Maria Cristina and Alfonso XIII don't get any ideas..
They'd better not, those are two more of my SPG bucket list top 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.