Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Montevideo (Closed) [Master Thread]

Four Points by Sheraton Montevideo (Closed) [Master Thread]

Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Wonderful Four Points

I was extremely impressed by this Four Points; they really excel at customer service and we were upgraded to a huge suite. The staff is outstanding as is the condition of the property. The food however is another story entirely. We had three meals there and they were at worst: horrible and at best: mediocre.

The only other issue is the location where the Sheraton is the hands-down winner. However they were very dismissive when I requested an upgrade so they lost our business to the Four Points.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I am currently at this property. Must be my 8th or 9th time here. The common areas are still quite nice (lobby, restaurant) but the rooms are really getting tatty. I was upgraded to a large suite. The carpet, paint, bath tile/caulking/curtains are very worn appearing. And the splatter stains on the wall....what's that all about. I don't think I want to know.

I agree with other posters that the front desk staff are excellent. The restaurant staff...just so so. I got the free breakfast as my platinum amenity....but the food quality is mediocre.

I still like this property and it is close to where I want to be. Having said that, they need to do some re-decorating/refreshing of the rooms.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:10 pm

I stayed here for 1 night April 2011, and was impressed that the staff spoke fairly good English, gave me great advice for transportation, and briefed me on safety as I was exploring the city by foot in the next days. The buses and taxis would not be running the next day as a solidarity strike for a taxi driver who had been shot (elsewhere in the city). Also, the hotel was very clean, good internet, good location. I will be staying again come January of 2013. I'm disappointed, however, that the Four Points by Sheraton Montevideo doesn't seem to offer the popular cash & points offer. I will be contacting them, however, and finding out what's up with that.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
parking

Is there free parking at this hotel?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Parking is free. Service is good. Stayed there twice in the past couple of weeks. A/C on my first stay was weak, but fine the second time. Good location. Will stay there again.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
How far is this location from the ferry from BsAs?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:27 pm

It is a fairly long walk, without luggage, or a short cab ride
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any updated reports re this property? How much is a taxi from airport to hotel? Is bus or shuttle from airport to hotel viable and if so, how much? (hotel website says third party shuttle $50US but that sounds high) Any comments appreciated. I am SPG member but have no status but may be traveling with a Gold member -- what would that get us? Thanks.

Last edited by fmkgb; Apr 11, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any updated reports re this property? How much is a taxi from airport to hotel? Is bus or shuttle from airport to hotel viable and if so, how much? (hotel website says third party shuttle $50US but that sounds high) Any comments appreciated. I am SPG member but have no status but may be traveling with a Gold member -- what would that get us? Thanks.
I had a stay here recently. It's not the best property as it's on the edge of the touristic part of the city. I'd recommend the Radisson right in the center.

The rooms are OK, nothing special and the breakfast is quite poor. Internet speed is poor too. I wouldn't stay here again.

Taxi is $37US from the hotel to the airport (it's a fixed rate - so it's the same whether the hotel calls or you get one outside). Might be higher from the airport as usually these incur extra fees.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:23 pm

I have to disagree with TravelinSpery. I have stayed at the hotel twice within the past month. The rooms aren't luxurious but are fine, as is the breakfast. They staff remembers me and even sent a plate of cheese to my room on the last visit. From the tone of the person who asked for an update I would guess he/she is looking after the value of the dollar per the question re taxi fares. Sure the Radisson Victoria is a much nicer property, but at a much higher price.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by bkkth
I have to disagree with TravelinSpery. I have stayed at the hotel twice within the past month. The rooms aren't luxurious but are fine, as is the breakfast. They staff remembers me and even sent a plate of cheese to my room on the last visit. From the tone of the person who asked for an update I would guess he/she is looking after the value of the dollar per the question re taxi fares. Sure the Radisson Victoria is a much nicer property, but at a much higher price.
You don't state much about this property. You say the rooms are "fine" and I agree with you. They are not great, excellent or luxurious. They are solely "fine"... i.e., acceptable. The breakfast is barely passable. Barely. The gym is tiny and they don't even have a bench where you can use the few weights they have. Also during my stay there were no towels in the gym (never replenished). The pool is tiny - it has seats for 5-6 people. If more than that are there - I guess you're supposed to stand. Internet access is terribly slow. Don't plan on doing any work at this property. They know about their slow internet as they offered me a special in-room router to fix the problem. It barely helped.

As for your cheese plate - I did not receive any in-room welcome amenity and I'm Plat100. The person who asked about this property has no status so either way they will get nothing. I find this hotel to be simply an inexpensive hotel outside the city center.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Stayed here last week, was okay. They upgraded me to a suite on the 3rd floor but I would have preferred to be sent to a higher floor instead because the noise from the road was LOUD. The room itself was fine but the bathroom is definitely dated. Used Uber to go to Buquebus it's cheap. A day is fine in this city, maybe punta del este next time.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Any idea what has happened to this hotel? Has it been reflagged, or has it just closed up. No longer comes up on marriott.com and no news online other than a tripadvisor review from last month that said it was possibly closing down.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by lovenola
Any idea what has happened to this hotel? Has it been reflagged, or has it just closed up. No longer comes up on marriott.com and no news online other than a tripadvisor review from last month that said it was possibly closing down.
Yes, there are news on the web, but in spanishand yes, it is closed as of September 1st, 2019.

https://www.elobservador.com.uy/nota...-2019716154525
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:33 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
The only Bonvoy properties at the moment in Uruguay are the Sheraton in Colonia and the Aloft Montevideo. I will write a review for the latter now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.