Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Does this still have free wifi? I might consider spending a 5 hour nighttime layover in the bar or lobby ordering a few sodas checking email instead of getting a room for such a short stay...anyone done this before? Do they have shower facilities or a gym that one can pay to use?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 13, 2009 at 11:01 pm Reason: Pre 2007 reports are at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/974871-sheraton-cdg-airport-paris-pre-2007-ma
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:31 pm

Programs: stawood
Great property. Try to get Club level room. They serve excellent continental breakfast,free INternet and within Airport.
You can't beat that.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
One of the best airport hotels in the world!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I must be missing something. I've never seen free wifi in this hotel. Are you referring to within the Club? You may know that the Club is being remodeled. It should be much better when it opens later this year. The temporary club is on the 3rd floor.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I must be missing something. I've never seen free wifi in this hotel.
I stayed here last month and couldn't get WIFI either. Ended up paying EUR 32 for in-room wired internet access for 24 hours. The Club Lounge had a computer, but it was always taken when I visited.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 5:51 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
I used to love this hotel. My last stay (August, 2006) was VERY disappointing, however. Surly housekeeping, worn furnishings, and the rooms were stifling hot and the reception said there was nothing they could do about it as the hotel's A/C system wasn't designed to combat high heat. Eventually they sent up a portable fan.
This time of year you'll probably be more comfortable. Lounge is fine, but no great shakes...
Old Jun 30, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
as Gold was given access to Club lounge but no breakfast??

I stayed at the Sheraton CDG a few weeks back, and as an SPG Gold was given an SPG-level room (not an Exec room). I was told at check-in that I had access to the Club lounge but was not allowed to eat breakfast there.

This seems strange to me. I am an HH Diamond member and generally choose Hiltons, and even HH Golds are given either lounge access (including breakfast) or complimentary breakfast (at least continental breakfast).

Is putting the restriction on breakfast normal practice at the Sheratons, or unique to this property?
Old Jun 30, 2007, 5:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
I stayed at the Sheraton CDG a few weeks back, and as an SPG Gold was given an SPG-level room (not an Exec room). I was told at check-in that I had access to the Club lounge but was not allowed to eat breakfast there.

This seems strange to me. I am an HH Diamond member and generally choose Hiltons, and even HH Golds are given either lounge access (including breakfast) or complimentary breakfast (at least continental breakfast).

Is putting the restriction on breakfast normal practice at the Sheratons, or unique to this property?
There isn't a "free breakfast" amenity at any of the *wood properties. Some properties give access to their Platinum members where the lounge may be serving breakfast.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
strange, maybe a language mis-statement? the main reason to use the lounge there is for the very-decent breakfast (and plane spotting). i'd go at breakfast time and enjoy. the lady has a list of room numbers, and i'm sure you'll find out quickly if you are truly "not allowed".
Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:03 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
I stayed there early June for 1 night.
It is a nice airport hotel, although a bit pricey.
As a plat I was upgraded to a club room, which is nothing more than a regular room ( with a bathrobe and some slippers thrown in...) and access to the lounge ( where I didn't go).
Location is very convenient to catch a flight at CDG 2 . If you are leaving from T 1 they have a shuttle bus upon request , and now you can also use the new driverless train that connects all terminals .
Breakfast buffet is quite nice although not spectaculra.
Overall a good experience.
One word of caution though. The female concierge is a ......
uanj likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Shearton CDG unsophicated question sorry

We need one night as inexpensively as possible April 08. We don't own a SPG AMEX but have 5 other Amex products and aren't really interested in more cards. We have an acount about 4k in it. No plans to stay at Starwood soon in between time. Any recomendations other than signing up for one more AMEX? Is there something I should be searching for over at coupon connection for trade with orphan miles?
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: UA-1P SPG-G PC-PLT
If you need to stay at the Sheraton CDG specifically, you should be able to find ways to get your account 4800 point threshold for a cash and points night. The Sheraton CDG generally has tons of cash and points inventory.

-Are any of your other Amex cards earning membership rewards points? If so, transfer those MRs to starpoints.
-Buy some flowers--$80 worth of 1-800-FLOWERS should get you 800 starpoints.

Alternatively, if you just need a hotel in the CDG area, I'd suggest priceline. I've stayed at the Sheraton CDG, and haven't found it be anything too special, especially for the price.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Sheraton CDG is an excellent property and as Cap'n Adventure said, it also usually has great cash & point availability.

The link is not working now (gotta love spg.bomb) but try this link later today for info about purchasing starpoints for $35 per 1,000 points.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 4:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Two questions re update CDG Shearton 2008

1. It states "buffet breakfast" in our club level room rate. Does that mean in the lounge coffee and pasteries or a real buffet breakfast in with hot dishes? We will arrive with full bellies from the flight over the pond and leave bright and early the next AM. Club lounge food seemed to be the best $avings bet for food in this situation given the $ to Euro fiasco.

2. What is offered in the way of food in the club lounge. Is it availble or even open on Saturdays?

Thanks and no we dont have any status and only 1200 spg points at this time.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 5:28 pm

My comments are a bit dated ( maybe three years old ).

I was a Platinum at the time and booked a cash and points room at the time. That’s U$ cash. Well the hotel decided they’d convert my $60 to Euro at the usurious hotel rate to which I objected at check out. I ultimately got the cash back through US customer service.

The lounge was closed on Saturday / Sunday and not noted anywhere on the web site on a Sunday. If I had known I would have stayed at the Hyatt CDG. The lounge was open Monday AM and had an ample cold buffet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.