Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Los Angeles Downtown Hotel [Master Thread]

Sheraton Grand Los Angeles Downtown Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:36 am

Stayed there about a month ago.

Here's a synopsis of my stay:

http://myterytraveler.blogspot.com/2...own-hotel.html
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I just stayed here a few days ago. Everything that has previously been mentioned about the hotel still applies. As a basic synopsis.

Pros
  • Great location
  • No Gym, but access to LA Fitness which is better.
  • Comfortable beds

Cons
  • Extremely tired rooms
  • Weird ingress from parking structure through mall
  • Inadequate lounge

Overall, I might stay here again because I thought it was functional and I did enjoy the gym access, but only if it were cheaper than other alternatives. It has an inferior room product vis-ŕ-vis other downtown hotels. I'll likely return to the Hilton Checkers for my next stay in downtown LA.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Any recent reports? And, anyone know when the supposed renovations are to begin/complete (I've just heard 2014 but nothing more than that).

Booked a club room end of March for 11.5k pts (cat 4).. the Bonaventure was 13.5k for a 'deluxe room' with no breakfast. I know the rooms are nicer at the Westin but this place was cheaper on points, included breakfast in the lounge, and is right next to a metro stop. We'll only be spending the night so figured we can rough it for a few added conveniences. Will report back our experience once complete.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
This article says guest room improvements should be complete by the end of this year:

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/s...lion-makeover/
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
This article says guest room improvements should be complete by the end of this year:

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/s...lion-makeover/

This is the correct link: http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/s...9bb2963f4.html
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:41 pm

Stayed there one night this week for the Blackhawks - Kings game. Great location... and that's pretty much it. Room was very tired. The desk chair was worn through to the padding over in an area of about 20 square inches. The hardwire ethernet did not work (though in-room wifi did, although it was slow). Dirty windows, missing grout, a little bit of trash under the desk, noisy neighbors, and just an overall drab, dingy air to the place. Glad they are refurbishing it. I won't be staying here again until they are done in 2015.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Has anyone stayed here during the refurbishments (which are under way)? Wondering how disruptive the noise is.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Has anyone stayed here during the refurbishments (which are under way)? Wondering how disruptive the noise is.
The noise isnt disruptive...but the elevators are (were). There have 2 elevators out of service for months now. The ride up and down takes forever.

As of last month, the check-in is now on floor 2, along with the gym (which I didnt use). The club lounge was a suite and adjoining room on floor 8 or so.

I cannot wait for the remodel to be done.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SFO_Chad
The noise isnt disruptive...but the elevators are (were). There have 2 elevators out of service for months now. The ride up and down takes forever.

As of last month, the check-in is now on floor 2, along with the gym (which I didnt use). The club lounge was a suite and adjoining room on floor 8 or so.

I cannot wait for the remodel to be done.
Thanks, as long as the noise isn't disruptive, I'll deal. Although I do know how annoying waiting forever for elevators can be. You'd think they'd be priced lower with such an inconvenience. But really not bargain bin rates going on.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
As of a week ago: sometimes 2 elevators, sometimes all 4. Lounge and gym on 26th floor (only 2 of the elevators go to that floor). Lounge has nice views and better-than-usual-tasting eggs for breakfast (and some other things I didn't try). Construction noise wasn't a problem for me. Friendly staff at all levels.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Has anyone stayed within the last month or so?

I'll be staying here for the Grammys as of now (as it's the closest SPG property) but was also considering the Westin, as it's not too much further walking (18 min vs 14 min).

Can anyone comment on the newly renovated rooms?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by joeypore
Has anyone stayed within the last month or so?

I'll be staying here for the Grammys as of now (as it's the closest SPG property) but was also considering the Westin, as it's not too much further walking (18 min vs 14 min).

Can anyone comment on the newly renovated rooms?
I have stayed a couple times so far this month. It is much nicer than it was before. Each room has its own router which has improved download/upload speeds. A little more than half the rooms have been fully renovated. Everything is more modern and relaxing. The staff has been great and very excited to talk about all the changes that have happened and are coming.

The lobby is not done yet but once you get up to rooms you can notice the difference. A much better experience than before.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:03 pm

I spent a couple of days this week. The lobby is still on second floor. The elevators are still reduced from 4 to 2, resulting in some extended wait times. (The website says "20 minutes", but I don't think I ever went beyond 3 minutes. There is a free-to-all breakfast off the lobby, apparently compensation for the inconveniences of construction. I didn't have any construction noise.

The fitness center (finally!) is nice and new, with a great view from 26. 26th floor also has the Lounge. It's pretty nice, with one evening hot dish, eggs, bacon and sausage in the morning, along with the usual cereals, breads, pastries, yogurt. Brewed coffee and one of those confounded machines.

Upgraded to renovated suite. Nice room, but X08 put me right next to elevator.

Back next week on a good rate.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I spent a couple of days this week. The lobby is still on second floor. The elevators are still reduced from 4 to 2, resulting in some extended wait times. (The website says "20 minutes", but I don't think I ever went beyond 3 minutes. There is a free-to-all breakfast off the lobby, apparently compensation for the inconveniences of construction. I didn't have any construction noise.

The fitness center (finally!) is nice and new, with a great view from 26. 26th floor also has the Lounge. It's pretty nice, with one evening hot dish, eggs, bacon and sausage in the morning, along with the usual cereals, breads, pastries, yogurt. Brewed coffee and one of those confounded machines.

Upgraded to renovated suite. Nice room, but X08 put me right next to elevator.

Back next week on a good rate.

Minor update: "Free-to-all" breakfast is gone this week. Otherwise, still the same conditions. The remodeled rooms are very nice (to my low standards). I'm not enamored with the grossly oversized television (but, again, that's just me).
Old May 8, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Minor update: "Free-to-all" breakfast is gone this week. Otherwise, still the same conditions. The remodeled rooms are very nice (to my low standards). I'm not enamored with the grossly oversized television (but, again, that's just me).
Stayed here a week ago and agree that the newly renovated rooms are very nice. However, I found the elevators to be a major problem during my stay. I waited for about 15 minutes and when the elevator got to my floor it was full. Ended up walking down the stairs (about 20 floors) rather than wait another 15 minutes.

Just based on my experience, I will be avoiding the property until they have this situation fixed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.